d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev13053063073083092039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 9 2010 05:46pm
Is emu oil a scam or it is really good for scars?
Feb 9 2010 06:02pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 9 2010 11:40pm)
yes - your body is lacking confusion and adequate exercise. also please post your EXACT diet.

You can not maintain the exact same diet/supplement/exercise routine in order to complete a full cutting cycle.

The body becomes resistant and fat losses/muscle gains become much harder to obtain.

ima start doing cardio on my offdays too then, which do u suggest, uphill walking with legweights or jogging a couple miles?

morning (7:00 am) - brown rice + 2 servings chicken
9:25am - half chicken sandwhich/ or chicken/egg burrito with wheat tortilla
noon - half chicken sandwhich/ or chicken/egg burrito with wheat tortilla
2:40pm - 75g chicken/ or egg omleette
5-530pm - 75g chicken/ or egg omleette
8:00 pm - 75g chicken/ or egg omleette

and after workouts i always have my whey protein.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 9 2010 06:11pm
Quote (serennia @ Feb 9 2010 07:46pm)
Is emu oil a scam or it is really good for scars?

probably a scam. not 100% sure yet, not enough clinical trials.
Feb 9 2010 06:19pm
Quote (Kiston @ Feb 9 2010 08:02pm)
ima start doing cardio on my offdays too then, which do u suggest, uphill walking with legweights or jogging a couple miles?

morning (7:00 am) - brown rice + 2 servings chicken
9:25am - half chicken sandwhich/ or chicken/egg burrito with wheat tortilla
noon - half chicken sandwhich/ or chicken/egg burrito with wheat tortilla
2:40pm - 75g chicken/ or egg omleette
5-530pm - 75g chicken/ or egg omleette
8:00 pm - 75g chicken/ or egg omleette

and after workouts i always have my whey protein.

way too much chicken and eggs....start changing it up and adding other foods into your diet. Your body can become accustomed to such things.

try replacing with turkey/tuna/other fish/beef

also, instead of brown rice, do oatmeal or cream of wheat (farina)

also replace those tortillas with something else...like whole grain bread or pasta....

and lastly...you can stick carbs only in the first 2 meals of the day....get rid of the 3rd meal carbs.......ALSO...increase raw green veggies.

and furthermore....maybe 1-2 days out of the week do ZERO carbs...then go back to carbs first 2 meals....change it up like that to spark your body into responding.

Also once every 2 weeks....do a carb loading day of like 80% carbs and then deprive your body immediately afterwards...this shocks the body into rapid fat loss.
Feb 9 2010 06:27pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 10 2010 12:19am)
way too much chicken and eggs....start changing it up and adding other foods into your diet. Your body can become accustomed to such things.

try replacing with turkey/tuna/other fish/beef

also, instead of brown rice, do oatmeal or cream of wheat (farina)

also replace those tortillas with something else...like whole grain bread or pasta....

and lastly...you can stick carbs only in the first 2 meals of the day....get rid of the 3rd meal carbs.......ALSO...increase raw green veggies.

and furthermore....maybe 1-2 days out of the week do ZERO carbs...then go back to carbs first 2 meals....change it up like that to spark your body into responding.

Also once every 2 weeks....do a carb loading day of like 80% carbs and then deprive your body immediately afterwards...this shocks the body into rapid fat loss.

ic thanks for tips. got a suggestion on the uphill walk with leg weights v jogging?
Feb 9 2010 07:03pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 28 2008 04:30pm)
[FROM AN ANONYMOUS PRIVATE MESSAGE]

I AM POSTING THIS QUESTION AND REPLY TO HELP ALL OF YOU, BUT KEEPING THE PERSON'S IDENTITY PRIVATE =)

Question:

I am wanting to turn my diet around and start to excercise to lose weight, cause im kinda getting too far over sad.gif

So I was wondering if you could give me some tips on how to start losing weight and what kinda foods I should eat, I've never done this before so I have no idea for myself.

Answer:

Hey There!

I'd be glad to help you. I'm happy to see that you're trying to make a positive change for your body. However, let me tell you right now, it will NOT be easy...and after a few days or weeks of training you will feel like you want to quit. I'm warning you in advance, DO NOT QUIT! You must stay true to the diet and exercise and if you do, you will thank me years from now when you look like a greek god! haha

with that said and done, lets get to business. I'll try to keep this as brief as possible as I don't want to make it difficult to read.

Diet -

Eat frequently (every 2-3 hours) smaller meals/snacks. Make sure to consume plenty of lean protein and HDL (good) fats...with NO SIMPLE Sugars/Carbohydrates (white flour, white rice, sugary foods/drinks) and only a small amount of complex carbohydrates (whole grains and vegetables) consumed during the first 3 meals.

Sample meal plan is as follows, with all meals seperated 2-3 hours each -

Breakfast (eat within the first 15 minutes of waking up!) - 1/2 cup oatmeal (splenda/xylitol and cinnamon can be used to sweeten it, 3 scrambled eggs, ice water (drink ice water to raise your metabolism)
Meal 2 - 1 can of tuna fish with 6 whole grain crackers or 1 slice of whole grain bread and ice water (you can use mustard and low fat mayo on the tuna as well as veggies)
Meal 3 - Salad with grilled chicken (use 100% extra virgin olive oil and vinegar as the dressing, all veggies and chicken, no croutons or cheese)
Meal 4 - 40 gram Protein Shake (drink this right before workout) [make sure to get a good protein shake like Optimum Nutrition 100% natural whey from bodybuilding.com]
Meal 5 - 40 gram Protein shake (drink this right after workout)
Meal 6 - 1 cup 2% milk cottage cheese with mixed nuts and cinnamon (really tasty)

There you go...that's the sample meal plan, you can feel free to change it up to fit your needs but you need to retain some primary directives which I will list below.

1. Only drink ice water, plain coffee/tea (caffeine is good), or diet soda (no sugar).
2. During first 3 meals you can eat complex carbs (brown rice, whole grain pasta, whole grain bread, vegetables and fruits, whole grain cereals like oatmeal or shredded wheat etc) no more carbs after the 3 meals.
3. Make sure to only eat lean meats! (chicken, turkey, tuna, eggs, lean beef, and fish)
4. READ THE LABELS OF FOOD YOU EAT! Make sure you aren't eating foods loaded with sugar or carbohydrates...or processed foods with lots of sodium, WATCH THE SODIUM! No more than 2,000 mg sodium per day TOTAL.
5. NO FAST FOOD (PERIOD)
6. If you eat at a restaurant, make sure to order food that is custom made to your diet (IE: grilled chicken and broccoli, Bison Burger with no bun, Grilled Fish w/ veggies, etc)
7. NO DESSERTS! If you have a huge sweet tooth, try to drink diet soda and check out protein bars made with no sugar (two great kinds of protein bars are the Labrada Lean Body Gold Cookie Twist, and the Zero Impact Pumpkin Supreme...if you wanted to eat these they replace one of your 6 meals).

Some other good foods I didn't list are: 2% Milk and cheese, Beans, Shrimp and Shellfish, Peanut Butter (100% natural no sugar added), Salsa (use on eggs, very tasty), etc.

Ok now to go with your lovely diet, here's some good ideas for exercise

First of all, join a gym...it is WELL WORTH the money. if you can not join a gym, go to my post here: which explains a great workout routine from home - http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=21269614&view=findpost&p=121866700

If you do decide to join a gym...or work out at home...the best policy is the following -

Work out for 1-2 hours a day (minimum of one hour) doing the following muscle groups and exercise ideals -

Monday - Chest/Back : Start with 15 minutes of cardio (treadmill, bike, or power walking) - don't go too fast or too hard, you don't want to lose your breath, just get warmed up. Then hit chest and back for a total of 20 sets (10 sets of each muscle group)

Tuesday - Cardio and Abs : Do 45 minutes of cardio (teadmill, bike, power walking, swimming, etc) and do 100-200 reps of good ab work (crunches, situps, leg raises, etc)

Wednesday - Shoulders and Legs - Start with 15 minutes of cardio warmup then do 20 sets total (10 sets of each muslce group)

Thursday - Cardio and Abs : Do 45 minutes of cardio (teadmill, bike, power walking, swimming, etc) and do 100-200 reps of good ab work (crunches, situps, leg raises, etc)

Friday - ARMS!!! - Start with 15 minutes of cardio warmup then do 20 sets total, 10 biceps and 10 triceps.

Saturday - Cardio and Abs : Do 45 minutes of cardio (teadmill, bike, power walking, swimming, etc) and do 100-200 reps of good ab work (crunches, situps, leg raises, etc)

Sunday - REST!! Take a break!

Also make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep a night.

Also, try to get some supplements - they really help -

1. Get Multivitamins (NOW! Adam)
2. Jet Fuel or Atrophex (good fat burners)
3. Protein Powder (Optimum Nutrition 100% natural Whey)

Ok Hope this helps! If you like the guide I made you and the time I took to do it for you, please feel free to donate heart.gif

PM me if you need anything else! Good Luck and Be Safe!

-SKCRaynor

Ok, so i've been reading this. I have been doing good..changing my diet and working out at a gym, etc for a little over 2 months..lost some weight..definately looking to lose some more..

just a few questions i have:

1. The protein shake before and after working out? Is it ok just to have maybe like a bannana or something before working out and then have my protein shake after working out?

2. The eating 2-3 hours is kind of hard for me since I'm at school from about 8:00 to 1:20 on MWF . So is there a way around this problem? Like eating at school would be hard or something, I'm not sure.

3. What's a good substitute for cottage cheese? Because I'm not a fan :( lol.

4. Meals 3 through 5 can be really determined by my schedule and shouldnt matter too much right?

5. I'm more on a five day work out split that you mentioned earlier in the thread. This may be a obvious question. But, on my off days .. is it ok to go to the gym and just do some cardio? Because I've been doing that for the last few weeks? I just like to stay active I guess. And going to the gym and doing cardio is really the best for me because my off days are usually filled with work, the joy of part-time on weekends lol. :)

Well, thanks in advance for answering these questions. Any other tips that you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Feb 9 2010 07:27pm
Quote (Kiston @ Feb 9 2010 08:27pm)
ic thanks for tips. got a suggestion on the uphill walk with leg weights v jogging?

uphill walk is good...and jogging is good...these two should be alternated - never stick to ONE single cardio activity
Feb 9 2010 07:29pm
Quote (Timjm2 @ Feb 9 2010 09:03pm)
Ok, so i've been reading this. I have been doing good..changing my diet  and working out at a gym, etc for a little over 2 months..lost some weight..definately looking to lose some more..

just a few questions i have:

1. The protein shake before and after working out? Is it ok just to have maybe like a bannana or something before working out and then have my protein shake after working out?

2. The eating 2-3 hours is kind of hard for me since I'm at school from about 8:00 to 1:20 on MWF . So is there a way around this problem? Like eating at school would be hard or something, I'm not sure.

4. Meals 3 through 5 can be really determined by my schedule and shouldnt matter too much right?

5. I'm more on a five day work out split that you mentioned earlier in the thread. This may be a obvious question. But, on my off days .. is it ok to go to the gym and just do some cardio? Because I've been doing that for the last few weeks? I just like to stay active I guess. And going to the gym and doing cardio is really the best for me because my off days are usually filled with work, the joy of part-time on weekends lol. :)

Well, thanks in advance for answering these questions. Any other tips that you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

yes...preworkout banana is good.

you can eat at school...try snacks like beef jerky, cheese sticks, mixed nuts, protein bars, etc.

casein protein shakes

they do matter...make sure u eat...but u can change the types of food to accomidate.

thats fine...cardio is good on non-workout days for activity level and calorie burning.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Feb 9 2010 07:30pm
Gold: 0.08
Feb 9 2010 07:52pm
please recommend me some aerobic exercises and a question

would it be healthier for a novice athlete to have a simple steady cutting diet, with low intake for his goal of fat loss instead of trying the zig zag diet

where i'd eat 2500cal for 2 weeks, then switch to 3500 for 2 weeks ETC. (concentrating on aerobic exercises during cutting, and weight training during gaining)

I'm not concerned about losing muscle now because I'm more concered about losing fat

which would be better?

also, do ab workouts mean anything for fat people

TYVM
Gold: 120.00
Feb 9 2010 09:31pm
Hey Raynor,

Trying to help a friend, cutting diet for a 5'7 155lb female.

Sensitivity to dairy and gluten.

Much obliged.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev13053063073083092039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll