d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev12962972982993002039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 31 2010 11:36pm
Quote (Sunshines @ Jan 31 2010 05:40pm)
So, I started working out after Christmas and I was wondering if you could give me a diet program.
I'm not into these protein shakes and whatever you guys are taking - I just want to live more healthy.

I'm working out in the gym 3 times a week and was wondering if you had any special diets for a week with 3 workouts
(I'm also running around 3,5 km 2 times a week)

I'm 6 feet 1 inch tall (according to a feet converter) or 1,86 cm. I weight 85 kilo or 187 lbs

Hello -

here is a re-post from about 10 pages back in the thread...this should help you a lot.

The key to overall fat loss is the following:

- Burn more calories than you take in

- eliminate sugar and simple carbs from your diet

- reduce carbs overall, and increase protein

- eliminate fast foods and frozen foods

- eat every 2-3 hours

- drink water or diet soda only (or any sugar-free, calorie free beverage)

- drink alcohol as rarely as possible

- get at least 8 hours of sleep a night!!

- Take fat burning supplements like BSN Atrophex, GAT Jet Fuel, or Nutrex Lipo-6

Good overall foods -

Protein - Lean meats like Chicken, turkey, tuna, fish, eggs, lean beef.

Complex Carbs - Whole Grains(all of them, like whole grain breads/pasta/brown rice, etc), Vegetables, legumes.

GOOD fats - Olive Oil, Nuts, Peanut butter, fish, OMEGA 3-6-9 supplements, avocados, etc.

You are going to want to take in approx 2,000 calories a day for your bodyweight - in addition to at least 1 hour of vigorous exercise per day (anything, running/pushups/pullups/situps/swimming/aerobics/etc)

You are going to want to get about 60% from protein, 15% from carbs, and 25% from good fats. READ THE LABELS OF WHAT YOU ARE EATING and keep a FOOD JOURNAL so you can add everything up.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE EATING EVERY 2-3 HOURS (SMALL MEALS)

In addition, make sure you do at least ONE HOUR of exercise each day. Cardiovascular activity like running, jogging, swimming, playing a sport, using a cardio machine at the gym, or lifting weights WITHOUT taking breaks...are all acceptable. See the exercise guide for more info.

FOOD NOT TO EAT!
(DO NOT EAT THESE FOODS, OR IF YOU EAT THEM, DO IT VERY RARELY!)

Fast Food – Avoid Fast food at all costs. However if you go into a fast food restaurant and you’re hungry…try to make some healthy decisions. For example, instead of a burger with fries – get a grilled chicken sandwich or a grilled chicken salad without the fries....fries are a waste calories.

SODA – DO NOT DRINK REGULAR SODA AT ALL! Instead drink diet soda if you really like it…but if not, then stick to ice water!

Pizza – sorry, but this is one of the things you really have to watch out for. Avoid!

Candy, desserts, and Ice Cream – Just don’t eat it =) it’s loaded with sugar and no nutrition at all!

Frozen food – typically has way too much sodium and bad nutritional value!

Canned Foods and Soups (including ramen) – Also has way too much sodium and virtually no nutrition.

Dark Chocolate – you can eat 1-2 ounces of dark chocolate per day and actually see lower body fat as a result. But don’t overdo it! Too much and it can start adding weight.

EAT CLEAN!!! THAT MEANS AVOID PROCESSED FOODS, SALT/SODIUM, SUGAR, SAUCES, ETC. All spices are fine except for salt.

KEEP A FOOD JOURNAL!! WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING YOU EAT AND TALLY YOUR TOTAL CALORIES/FAT/PROTEIN/CARBS/SUGAR/SODIUM AT THE END OF EACH DAY TO MAINTAIN PROGRESS!

Sample meal plan (No carbs after your 2nd meal each day)

Meal 1 – 1 bowl of whole grain cereal (or oatmeal) w/ 2% skim milk + 2 whole eggs
Meal 2 – chicken/turkey/tuna w/ 1 cup brown rice
Meal 3 – chicken or lean beef or fish on top of a salad
Meal 4 – chicken, turkey, tuna/fish with steamed veggies
Meal 5 – lean beef/steak or fish + veggies.
Meal 6 – 1 cup cottage cheese or glass of milk + mixed nuts.

You will want about 100g carbs, 250g protein, and 70g fat per day which = about 2,000 calories (perfect for a 200 lb man on a moderate cutting routine doing 1 hr of exercise per day - for every 10 extra lbs of body mass, add 100 calories per day in a 1g / carbs, 4g / protein, 1g / fats ratio)

for exercise, stick to 1.5 hours of intense physical activity each day - whether it be lifting weights/doing cardio, playing a sport, running/cycling, etc - you need to keep your heart rate in the target zone of about 135-140 BPM for a 15-30 yr old male in good health. Don't worry about HIIT or any complex activities for now, just stick to the basics to lose the basic fat you both are asking for.
Jan 31 2010 11:38pm
Quote (CuteKoala @ Jan 31 2010 07:36pm)
I have homosexual tendencies, anything I can do about it?

Labotomy.

But seriously...I don't know why I'm gonna humor you...but for some reason I feel this to be good enough to answer.

If its environmental or family related - see a psychiatrist.

If its something you've had since birth - live with it.

If its something you've developed for unknown reasons - see a endocrinologist and have some blood work done.

Gold: 0.00
Jan 31 2010 11:49pm
hey skc, gona start a mass phase soon starting @ about 3400 calories
I'm pretty confident i'm not very carb tolerant and would like to keep them fairly low. Thinking of about 250/day with 200ish taken peri workout.

Now my question is do you think it would be best to make up for the lack of carb calories by upping protein, to say 2grams per lb. Or keep protein at about 1.25 and make up the calories from fat?
i'm about 197lbs, 10% bodyfat.

so i'd have 1000 cals from carbs
then either 1000 from protein and 1400 from fat or
1600 from protein and 800 from fat (or somewhere in the middle of course)

which do you think would be best for lean gains? i'm leaning towards 1600 cals from protein.

thx
Feb 1 2010 02:58am
Quote (ant885 @ Feb 1 2010 01:49am)
hey skc, gona start a mass phase soon starting @ about 3400 calories
I'm pretty confident i'm not very carb tolerant and would like to keep them fairly low. Thinking of about 250/day with 200ish taken peri workout.

Now my question is do you think it would be best to make up for the lack of carb calories by upping protein, to say 2grams per lb. Or keep protein at about 1.25 and make up the calories from fat?
i'm about 197lbs, 10% bodyfat.

so i'd have 1000 cals from carbs
then either 1000 from protein and 1400 from fat or
1600 from protein and 800 from fat (or somewhere in the middle of course)

which do you think would be best for lean gains? i'm leaning towards 1600 cals from protein.

thx

if you are carb sensitive like me - you will require no more than 200 carbs per day. Try to do 50g in the morning (oatmeal preferred) and then defer the rest for pre- and post- workout.

As far as the other macros go - keep protein to 1.5g-1.75g / lb bodyweight and use the rest for fat (remember a minimum of 2:1 HDL to LDL...more HDL preferred).

So your total macro loadout w/ cals will be:

200g carbs = 800 cal
350g protein = 1,400 cal
130g fats = 1,170 cal

This will look ludicrous to some - but here is the reasoning behind it.

For a solid bulking cycle, your body requires 1g carbs / lb bodyweight to sustain energy levels, requires 1.5g / lb bodyweight protein to sustain muscle gains and satiation, but ALSO the more fat intake you have, the more your body will produce testosterone and remain in an anabolic environment. Cholesterol is the simplest form of a steroid in the body...right along side insulin. So make sure to keep your fat intake nice and high for optimal gains on a bulking cycle...but also do NOT forget that these fats need to be at least 2:1 in favor of HDL fats (avocados, olive oil, vegetable oil, fish, flax, etc.)

Also, don't forget to eat a ton of raw veggies while bulking up - the phytonutrients and fiber are essential for digestion.
Gold: 17.76
Feb 1 2010 02:52pm
Heya, I'm wondering if you have a plan on here already but 119 pages is a lot to go through haha. I'm 5'7 160lbs and I'm in various martial arts (karate, kickboxing, aikdo, etc). So, basically.. I want to gain a little more muscle but ideally I want to be lean and quick. What would you say is the best plan for me? I saw a couple of the plans you had on the first few pages but those seem like they focus on building muscle rather than staying lean. I don't want to lose any range of motion (especially in my legs) and I want to develop as much speed as possible. Speed is key for me. Could you hook me up with a plan? I have access to a gym but it would be much easier for me if I could do it at home (i have free weights from 10-35lbs, a curl bar and a bench with plenty of weights). Another goal would also be a good 6 pack :) right now I can see the 6 pack but it is not well defined. I'll return any help with fg of course :D

This post was edited by Monty4317 on Feb 1 2010 02:52pm
Gold: 20.00
Feb 1 2010 03:23pm
Hey. I have two questions for you! :)

1.What is the deal with good fats? They still make u fat right?

2.Bread and candy both have carbs in them, but on the candy it says something like 'carbohydrate 20 g (of which sugar 18)' . Sure candy seems a lot less healthy but how come they both have the same amount of nutrition in the information thing.

Do you know?

Gold: 0.08
Feb 1 2010 04:15pm
thank you SKC, I'll come back later, I'll re-read the whole sticky tonight after 24 ;)
Feb 1 2010 08:09pm
Quote (Monty4317 @ Feb 1 2010 04:52pm)
Heya, I'm wondering if you have a plan on here already but 119 pages is a lot to go through haha. I'm 5'7 160lbs and I'm in various martial arts (karate, kickboxing, aikdo, etc). So, basically.. I want to gain a little more muscle but ideally I want to be lean and quick. What would you say is the best plan for me? I saw a couple of the plans you had on the first few pages but those seem like they focus on building muscle rather than staying lean. I don't want to lose any range of motion (especially in my legs) and I want to develop as much speed as possible. Speed is key for me. Could you hook me up with a plan? I have access to a gym but it would be much easier for me if I could do it at home (i have free weights from 10-35lbs, a curl bar and a bench with plenty of weights). Another goal would also be a good 6 pack :) right now I can see the 6 pack but it is not well defined. I'll return any help with fg of course :D

for diet plan...look right above ur original post...lol.

as for exercise plan...the key to speed isn't so much the exercises you do, but HOW you do them.

explosive movements where you let the weight down slowly...and EXPLODE up as hard and as fast as you can are essential. You will literally push your entire effort towards the positive side of the rep being as fast as you can...and the negative side of the rep being as slow as you can. This will massively stimulate fast-twitch muscle fibers.

In addition, do exercises that recreate the movements you want to improve your speed with (squats for jumping, leg extensions for kicking, etc.)

Feb 1 2010 08:14pm
Quote (SeaBas @ Feb 1 2010 05:23pm)
Hey. I have two questions for you! :)

1.What is the deal with good fats? They still make u fat right?

2.Bread and candy both have carbs in them, but on the candy it says something like 'carbohydrate 20 g (of which sugar 18)' . Sure candy seems a lot less healthy but how come they both have the same amount of nutrition in the information thing.

Do you know?

hey there.

Fats do not make you fat - carbs...especially simple carbs/sugar/alcohol - help make you fat.

You need fats to burn fat and to produce testosterone. Essentially you need at least 2 grams of unsaturated fat to every 1 gram of saturated fat to stay healthy. Eat lots of good fats from sources like....fish, avocados, flax, omega supplements, etc.

As far as carbs...there is a HUGE difference between carbohydrates.

Simple Carbs - products like white flour, white rice, etc - these carbs are fast-digesting and will result in fat gain if not burned as energy within the first hour of eating.

Simple Sugars - products like sugar, candy, cakes, pies, etc. - these carbs are the fastest-digesting and will result in substantial fat gain if not burned as energy within the first 45 mins of eating.

Alcohol Sugars - any alcoholic beverage - these carbs are digested as sugars and contain more calories per gram than a simple sugar (7 instead of 4) - avoid at all costs!

Complex Carbs - products like whole grains, sweet potatoes, pasta, etc. - these are GOOD carbs...these digest slowly and have very little impact on your glycemic load. They will put on minimal fats, but also provide sustained energy. These are the carbs you want - but as with any carb...do NOT overdo it...excess carbohydrates WILL result in fat gain.
Gold: 1,551.68
Feb 1 2010 09:40pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 31 2010 11:38pm)
Labotomy.

But seriously...I don't know why I'm gonna humor you...but for some reason I feel this to be good enough to answer.

If its environmental or family related - see a psychiatrist.

If its something you've had since birth - live with it.

If its something you've developed for unknown reasons - see a endocrinologist and have some blood work done.

lold at bloodwork
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12962972982993002039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll