d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev128293031322039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 5 2008 10:38am
Hey, i like what you're doing here.

I'm 6 foot, 172 pounds currently. Me at my thinnest would probably be 150 pounds, to give you an idea on body fat. I am doughy at the moment, trying to lose some weight i put on over the last 6 months. Losing the weight isn't really the problem, i need to build muscle on my entire upper body because it's way too skinny, in my opinion.

I'm pretty new to weightlifting, and all i have is some adjustable free weights that go up to 52.5 pounds, and one of those easy removal pullup/chinup doorway bars. My diet is mediocre as far as healthiness goes. What i'm asking for mainly is a training/diet schedule (including supplements like whey protein/maybe creatine?) At least a sample week, if not more. The more work you put into it the more fg i'll be willing to give.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,636.76
Trader: Trusted
Sep 5 2008 08:06pm
anothr question
i have not grown an inch this yera im 15 btw
shoudl i be worried

could i have stunt my growth at all
o_O
and curious
is putting a todler on my shoulders capable of stunding my growth

This post was edited by pkxd on Sep 5 2008 08:06pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Sep 6 2008 12:23am
Quote (pkxd @ Fri, Sep 5 2008, 10:06pm)
anothr question
i have not grown an inch this yera im 15 btw
shoudl i be worried

could i have stunt my growth at all
o_O
and curious
is putting a todler on my shoulders capable of stunding my growth

hey there -

let me address each question in order.

Growth is random and conditional on genetics, nutrition, and physical factors. First of all, how tall is your mother and father, and how tall are you?

Secondly...I haven't grown since about the 5-6th grade. I'm still 5'7...however, I've put on about 60 lbs of lean mass since then ;-) height isn't everything.

I doubt your growth is stunned in the least...I'm sure you will most likely grow more. however, taking amino acids and other supplements before bed (especially arginine, dopa, and ZMA) will help your body produce more growth hormone, increasing the possibility of more height.

lastly...carrying a toddler on your shoulders will NOT stun your growth ;-)

hope this helps!
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,636.76
Sep 6 2008 08:26am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sat, Sep 6 2008, 02:23am)
hey there -

let me address each question in order.

Growth is random and conditional on genetics, nutrition, and physical factors. First of all, how tall is your mother and father, and how tall are you?

Secondly...I haven't grown since about the 5-6th grade. I'm still 5'7...however, I've put on about 60 lbs of lean mass since then ;-) height isn't everything.

I doubt your growth is stunned in the least...I'm sure you will most likely grow more. however, taking amino acids and other supplements before bed (especially arginine, dopa, and ZMA) will help your body produce more growth hormone, increasing the possibility of more height.

lastly...carrying a toddler on your shoulders will NOT stun your growth ;-)

hope this helps!

ty for all this help i appreciate it
i forgot to mention hes like 30 lbs
Sep 6 2008 11:39am
Quote (pkxd @ Sat, Sep 6 2008, 10:26am)
ty for all this help i appreciate it
i forgot to mention hes like 30 lbs

still no problem! =D

your body is able to handle MUCH more than that on your shoulders without any damage to your growth plates.

The best option is to go get x-rays of your spinal column and have an orthopedist or chiropractor tell you if you have more growth left!
Sep 6 2008 11:40am
TIP OF THE DAY!! -

Chewing gum, moving your leg(s) while sitting, or moving your arms/hands while sitting can attribute up to a 200-300 calorie loss per day! This can be especially helpful when at school or work!
Gold: 4,451.51
Sep 6 2008 05:52pm
What's the effect of heat on Creatine Ethyl Ester? Just purchased it (in powder form, off bb) and was wondering if it would be okay to put it in my oatmeal
Gold: 0.00
Sep 6 2008 06:26pm
Question-

I'm really skinny for my age, 17 years old 6'4 165 pounds (i think) I'm starting to do pushups and situps at my house to gain as much muscle as possible.. better than nothing IMO.

I'm starting to get a 6 pack already and I haven't even really done THAT much, I didn't think.. lol anyways to get to my question, would it be better to start doing pushups and situps right after I eat or would it be better to let the food sit a while? Does it even matter? If I should let it sit awhile, how long?
Sep 6 2008 08:03pm
Quote (impulsepainter @ Sat, Sep 6 2008, 07:52pm)
What's the effect of heat on Creatine Ethyl Ester? Just purchased it (in powder form, off bb) and was wondering if it would be okay to put it in my oatmeal

Hey there -

CEE should always be protected from heat - adding it to oatmeal can prematurely break down the creatine before it gets digested. I would highly reccomend sticking to mixing it with cold grape juice/apple juice, etc. Avoid citrus juices (obviously for the same reason - citrus can break down the bonds in the creatine)

for oatmeal, mix in some protein powder...no creatine ;-)
Sep 6 2008 08:04pm
Quote (element104954 @ Sat, Sep 6 2008, 08:26pm)
Question-

I'm really skinny for my age, 17 years old 6'4 165 pounds (i think) I'm starting to do pushups and situps at my house to gain as much muscle as possible.. better than nothing IMO.

I'm starting to get a 6 pack already and I haven't even really done THAT much, I didn't think.. lol anyways to get to my question, would it be better to start doing pushups and situps right after I eat or would it be better to let the food sit a while? Does it even matter? If I should let it sit awhile, how long?

hey there -

the best time to exercise is either 1-2 hours after eating, or immediately after waking up on an empty stomach. Do not work out on a full stomach, and especially do NOT do ab work on a full stomach.

The best bet is to just wait 1-2 hours after eating, work out, then drink a protein shake or eat a high protein meal afterwards.

Hope this helps !
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev128293031322039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll