d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev12792802812822832039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 15 2010 12:12am
Quote (Kiston @ Jan 14 2010 10:07pm)
my wrists hurts no matter where i put them when doing squats, whats this mean?

that doesn't make sense...if your wrists hurt when doing squats you must be doing the squats wrong and supporting a lot of the weight with your wrists...re-adjust so that virtually all the weight rests across your shoulder blades and upper back...the hands and wrists only stabilize the bar with VERY little force (maybe 2-3 lbs total?)
Jan 15 2010 12:13am
Quote (tet56 @ Jan 14 2010 11:44pm)
My wrist Dont hurt , Im just being carefully because they are small , and my training assistant also said that :unsure:

well if you don't feel pain, keep going. Your training assistant is wrong - size of wrists doesn't matter...age of bone including calcification and tendon/ligament strength are what matters here. A gigantic wrist with bad ligaments/tendons and weak bone structure will break 10 times easier than a small wrist with strong ligaments/tendons and good bone strength.

Quote (tet56 @ Jan 14 2010 11:44pm)

Stop , because you will get more  injured  , and your not gonna be able to train .

also please don't give advice in my thread, that is very impolite.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jan 15 2010 12:13am
Gold: 120.00
Jan 15 2010 12:30am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 15 2010 01:12am)
that doesn't make sense...if your wrists hurt when doing squats you must be doing the squats wrong and supporting a lot of the weight with your wrists...re-adjust so that virtually all the weight rests across your shoulder blades and upper back...the hands and wrists only stabilize the bar with VERY little force (maybe 2-3 lbs total?)

I generally feel awkward holding the bar when I squat so I put my hands either on top of the plates or through them, but I have really long arms.
Jan 15 2010 12:48am
Quote (Boxa @ Jan 15 2010 02:30am)
I generally feel awkward holding the bar when I squat so I put my hands either on top of the plates or through them, but I have really long arms.

if you can stabilize through that method it is fine.
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Jan 16 2010 03:28am
Hey Raynor,

I registered just to ask a simple question about diet. I'm weighing about 190 pounds and pretty short at 5'7ish. so Im pretty fat. Have about 20-25% body fat. Anyways due to my school expenses and other life expenses, I cant spend any money on food whatsoever. So pretty much Im stuck eating whatever my parents buy. However, because my parents do tend to make a lot of junky greasy food(Part of the reason why I have man boobies) I decided to restrict my diet to two things that I will continue and force myself to eat for a prolonged time(Because we have an abundance of these foods always), and I wanted to just ask you if this type of diet will still benefit my end goal of becoming fat to ripped.

These two things are.
Plain white tofu w/ rice
6-9 hard boiled eggs w/ or w/o rice
3x a day
No diet, no juice, no nothing, just water.

My friends told me tofu had some really clean and good protein and was not very fatty, and also he told me eggs were a good source of protein also. I already have a gym membership and plan to do strength training 3 days a week and eventually when my body can handle it, throw in cardio every other day I'm not working out, like swimming or jogging.

Are there any big flaws to this diet, and/or my workout scheme for becoming ripped?

Would really appreciate any good feedback, as I plan to get my lazy butt off my computer chair for once and get cracking as soon as possible.
Jan 16 2010 06:37am
Quote (BoredDesu @ Jan 16 2010 05:28am)
Hey Raynor,

I registered just to ask a simple question about diet. I'm weighing about 190 pounds and pretty short at 5'7ish. so Im pretty fat. Have about 20-25% body fat. Anyways due to my school expenses and other life expenses, I cant spend any money on food whatsoever. So pretty much Im stuck eating whatever my parents buy. However, because my parents do tend to make a lot of junky greasy food(Part of the reason why I have man boobies) I decided to restrict my diet to two things that I will continue and force myself to eat for a prolonged time(Because we have an abundance of these foods always), and I wanted to just ask you if this type of diet will still benefit my end goal of becoming fat to ripped.

These two things are.
Plain white tofu w/ rice
6-9 hard boiled eggs w/ or w/o rice
3x a day
No diet, no juice, no nothing, just water.

My friends told me tofu had some really clean and good protein and was not very fatty, and also he told me eggs were a good source of protein also. I already have a gym membership and plan to do strength training 3 days a week and eventually when my body can handle it, throw in cardio every other day I'm not working out, like swimming or jogging.

Are there any big flaws to this diet, and/or my workout scheme for becoming ripped?

Would really appreciate any good feedback, as I plan to get my lazy butt off my computer chair for once and get cracking as soon as possible.

without offense to you - this is possibly one of the worst diets I've ever seen.

tofu = soy and soy is estrogenic. This is terrible for men - do NOT eat.

also that diet is horribly unbalanced and unhealthy.

please refer to the following (a few pages ago):

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=256536913
Gold: 1,551.68
Jan 16 2010 01:09pm
Can yOu, by continuous prolonged consumption, develop an "addiction" for multi vitamins, not a psychlogical, but a physical.
Will your body operate around the mv?
Jan 16 2010 02:52pm
Quote (Honestly @ Jan 16 2010 03:09pm)
Can yOu, by continuous prolonged consumption, develop an "addiction" for multi vitamins, not a psychlogical, but a physical.
Will your body operate around the mv?

interesting question.

your body never will become reliant on a multivitamin, but it still is a good idea to cycle it every now and again...try any of these:

1. 6 days on 1 day off
2. 2 weeks on 2 days off
3. 1 month on 3 days off
4. 3 months on 1 week off
Gold: 31.01
Jan 16 2010 03:19pm

I've been having problems with the joints in my pinky finger on the left hand. I have circled where the pain is occurring. It started over the christmas holidays where i took part in a lot of hockey games for about 2 weeks straight. It happened from gripping the hockey stick for 4+ hours at one time. It's been a few weeks since christmas and i still have pain whenever i grip something with considerable force, and I was wondering what would be a good treatment for this sort of thing. Any good supps i should know about or specific foods? It's really not a terrible pain but it has become somewhat of an annoyance and i'd like to have full strength of my finger back. thanks for the time
Gold: 68.00
Jan 16 2010 06:43pm
Hey, do you know the Reps,Sets,what %of max i should do of my main lifts when i workout to get the MOST strength gains in the quickest time?
Im a powerlifter and i compete for my school. I have like 4 more meets coming up then states. Im looking for
Bench
Deadlift
Squat
I feel my workout that my coach gave us isnt helping me as much as it could be.

This post was edited by Pman1 on Jan 16 2010 06:43pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12792802812822832039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll