d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev12532542552562572039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 20.51
Warn: 70%
Dec 17 2009 07:00pm
do you have any recommendations for cognitive/brain support?
(supplements, things you can do, etc)
Gold: 192.00
Dec 18 2009 12:12am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 16 2009 02:46am)
i'll be totally honest with you.

I have terrible calves...regardless of the training I do. Some people have great calf genetics....others don't. I have done every training you can imagine, including arnolds specific calf training and was never able to make any headway. I have given up and just train my calves for power and not size now. The best way to build full range calves (if genetics allow) is for you to do the full gauntlet of calf exercises including: Standing calf raises, seated calf raises, donkey calf raises, single leg calf raises, leg-press calf raises, reverse calf raises, then start alternating your stance...point your toes in, out, and to the middle on all of these exercises to work the varying parts of the calf.

I'm gunna have to start working through all of them. My calves have been getting my defiition, but they just don't want to grow. What would you recommend for sets/reps/number of exercises/frequency? I've tried doing calves twice a week for a few months, as well as 3 times a week, but idk what would work best?
Gold: 370.00
Dec 18 2009 06:05am
Anyone know if SKC even looks at this thread anymore?
Gold: 51.00
Dec 18 2009 06:23am
Quote (Ferallwill @ Dec 18 2009 08:05am)
Anyone know if SKC even looks at this thread anymore?

the post directly above yours was made by him, and that was two days ago... he does have a life. give him a chance, not to mention the six or more other questions that popped up after yours.
Gold: 1,551.68
Dec 18 2009 09:39am
Quote (Peachie @ Dec 17 2009 07:00pm)
do you have any recommendations for cognitive/brain support?
(supplements, things you can do, etc)

psychedelics
Gold: 25,399.52
Dec 19 2009 08:44am
i've got a couple questions

what dosage of bcaas do you recommend before/during/after a workout? i'm about to do a cut so i'll be doing cardio after weights. for reference i am 6'6 215 lbs.

and what's your stance on 30-45 min cardio sessions vs. HIIT after lifting? on most of your sample cuts i see you recommend the longer cardio sessions, but wouldn't the HIIT be less detrimental in terms of muscle loss? or does adequate bcaa supplementation eliminate that?

thanks!
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Dec 19 2009 01:54pm
Quote (Ferallwill @ Dec 16 2009 08:51am)
I am:

6'2
260lbs
19 yrs old

I have TERRIBLE eating ethics (I.e. I eat fast food every day/ I Sleep, Eat, Sleep/ I don't exercise./ and I have high Cholesterol

I am not really sure to many things about physical fitness, or rules to the trade or anything. I never really cared until about a week ago.

(If I say anything incorrect or if I want something that is impossible, just let me know.)

I want to get muscle (I don't really know the difference between cut and bulk)
I would really LOVE to have a 4 pack or something going on.

I am not looking to be a body builder or anything like that....I just want to have a better physical appearance.

If you can, shoot me some possibilites of what I can do with my body at this age/weight and we can go from there on what I want.

Also, save me from this Cholesterol problem!

You can do anything you want with your age/weight and so forth....there are no limits!

please read the last 10 pages of this thread for examples of diets/exercise routines for cutting and then get back to me with more specific questions. Your particular question has been answered several times.
Dec 19 2009 01:56pm
Quote (tet56 @ Dec 16 2009 07:19pm)
Cut meens  when you have  like 1  or 2 % of body fat around that muscle

Sck , correct me  if  im wrong :)

Cutting is reducing bodyfat at the expense of as little muscle as possible. 6% BF is considered very ripped

Clean Bulking is gaining muscle at the expense of gaining and little fat as possible.

Dirty Bulking is gaining muscle without caring about fat gain
Gold: 3.38
Dec 19 2009 02:09pm
What rep/set scheme have you had the best results with when building mass?
Dec 19 2009 02:54pm
Quote (youngemerican009 @ Dec 16 2009 07:49pm)
yo

i am looking for some advice on how to get a little bigger / stronger (looking to gain around 20 lbs  of what i would prefer to be muscle)

pm me for details good sir.

20 lbs of muscle?

If you are talking pure muscle...not water/fat/muscle but PURE Muscle...this will take approximately 2 years of hard training and diet.

I also can not pm anyone at this moment. I am way too busy to do private counseling on here.

As far as a solid bulking cycle goes....you are going to need to do the following

1. Eat 500-600 more calories a day than you burn but all from clean sources.
2. follow a bulking diet along the following parameters:
a. 1.5g protein / lb bodyweight (stick to lean meats like chicken/turkey/tuna/eggs/lean beef)
b. 2g complex carbs / lb bodyweight (brown rice/whole grain pasta/whole grains other/oatmeal/etc)
c. 80g good fats per day (avocados, olive oil, fish, flax or fish oil supplements, eggs (the yolk is the fat))
3. Eat 6 meals a day (every 2-3 hours)
4. take creatine (optimum micronized creatine), multivitamins (NOW! Adam)
5. follow a good bulking plan as illustrated below

5x5 PLAN for Strength and Size

The 5x5 plan is basically 5 reps for 5 sets of a particular exercise for most days. Other exercises will be 5 sets of 8-12 reps. You will do at LEAST 20 total sets per day. It will be used in the following manner for 5x5:

Set 1 – 5 reps of 50% max weight
Set 2 – 5 reps of 55% max weight
Set 3 – 5 reps of 60% max weight
Set 4 – 5 reps of 65% max weight
Set 5 – 5 reps of 75% max weight

So if you can bench press 155 lbs for 1 rep, your set would look like this –
Set 1 – 77.25 (rounds up to 80) [155 x 50%]
Set 2 – 85.25 (rounds down to 85) [155 x 55%]
Set 3 - 93 (rounds up to 95) [155 x 60%]
Set 4 - 100.75 (rounds up to 105) [155 x 65%]
Set 5 – 116.25 (rounds up to 120) [155 x .75]

In order to determine your max, however, grab a spotter at the gym, and load up weight until you can only do 1 unassisted rep. That is your 1-rep max from which you will be able to get your 5x5 plan started.
Don’t forget, its best to use a spotter no matter what, but if you can’t the 5x5 is fine to do without one. As for the 5x8-12, you will do moderately heavy weight for optimal burn and pump.
I realize you will be only doing a Mon/Weds/Fri split – but I have itemized your routine for all 5 days should you choose to do that. If you are doing just a 3 day plan – you will have to split Chest/Back as well as Shoulders/Arms.

Day 1 (Monday) - Chest
• Bench Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Incline Bench Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Decline Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Cable Crossovers – 5 sets of 8-12 reps (do not use 5x5 for this!)
OTHER CHEST EXERCISES INCLUDE: Dumbbell Bench Press, Incline Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Decline Bench Press, Dumbbell Flies, Pec Deck, Weighted Pushups, Wide Chest Press, Overhead extensions. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 4.

Day 2 (Tuesday) - Back
• Barbell Deadlift - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Lat Pulldown - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Seated Cable Row - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Dumbbell Rows - 5 set of 8-12 reps
OTHER BACK EXERCISES INCLUDE: Lower Back Extensions, Underhand High Cable Rows, Rack Pulls, Good-Mornings, Dumbbell Deadlifts, Close-Grip Pulldowns, or Barbell Rows. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 4.

Day 3 (Wednesday) – Legs
• Barbell Squats - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Seated Machine Leg Extensions - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Seated Machine Leg Curls - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Standing Calf Raises 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Seated Calf Raises 5 sets of 8-12 reps
OTHER LEGS EXERCISES INCLUDE: Dumbbell leg lunges, Leg Hip Abbduction Machine, Leg Hip Adduction Machine, Laying leg curls, Front Squats, 1 Leg Squats. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 5.

Day 4 (Thursday) - Shoulders
• Military Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Dumbbell Shoulder Shrugs - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Dumbbell Shoulder Presses - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Dumbbell Front Raises - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
OTHER SHOULDERS EXERCISES INCLUDE: Lateral Dumbbell Raises, Barbell Shrugs, Arnold Presses, Straight Bar Cable Pulldowns, Herculean Pulls. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 5.

Day 5 (Friday) - Arms
• EZ-Bar Curls - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Dumbbell Concentration Curls - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Olympic Bar Curls - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Weighted Dips - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Tricep Cable Pulldowns - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
OTHER SHOULDERS EXERCISES INCLUDE: Lateral Dumbbell Raises, Barbell Shrugs, Arnold Presses, Straight Bar Cable Pulldowns, Herculean Pulls. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 5.

Day 6 – (Saturday) Rest
Day 7 – (Sunday) Rest
NOTE::: Every other day at the gym (3 days a week) you will be doing abs!! You will need to work into your schedule 100-200 reps of ab workout into 20-25 rep sets.
Ab exercises:
Crunches, Hanging Leg Raises, Broomstick Twists, Roman Chair Situps, V-Crunches, Decline Situps, & Knee Raises.
IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO A PARTICULAR EXERCISE MENTIONED ABOVE…GO TO THIS WEBSITE: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12532542552562572039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll