d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev12492502512522532039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.08
Dec 11 2009 11:54pm
Quote (Honestly @ Dec 12 2009 12:39am)
sounds like you need homework help

I don't go to school so I don't have homework

This post was edited by iceT on Dec 11 2009 11:55pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Dec 12 2009 02:18am
Quote (Mesonychid @ Dec 11 2009 09:09pm)
How about Biomedical engineering?

If you want to go the route of developing chems then yes. It would be a great field for supplement/pharmaceutical design.
Dec 12 2009 02:20am
Quote (Xfernet @ Dec 11 2009 10:43pm)
When bench pressing at home, is it easy to hurt your shoulders?  I think I lifted a little too much weight and my shoulders kind of hurt now...but I iced them and took ibuprofen and they're feeling better.  Just wondering if you think thats the reason why they're hurting.. Damn bench press!!

of course.

Shoulders, Wrists, and Elbows are the most commonly hurt body parts while bench pressing.

The best solution is to adjust the way you hold the bar to a position of shoulder comfort and/or reduce the weight you are lifting.

In addition, you will need to ice the shoulder to relieve the inflammation.
Dec 12 2009 02:31am
Quote (tet56 @ Dec 11 2009 10:55pm)
Hi there :P
Im a competition hockey player , and  ill be starting Jui-jitsu in one year or less

Iv been training since september , and i was wondering any training advice ( things to do ) to increase my musculairy weight whitout hurting myself.

In four months i gained like 3 lbs , when i started i was at 138 lbs , and now im at 141 lbs

Please take notes that im only 15 years old , 5"9 or 5"10 tall ( xD )

Best regards ~ Etienne :) ~

Hello - please refer to my 5x5 plan...

5x5 PLAN for Strength and Size

The 5x5 plan is basically 5 reps for 5 sets of a particular exercise for most days. Other exercises will be 5 sets of 8-12 reps. You will do at LEAST 20 total sets per day. It will be used in the following manner for 5x5:

Set 1 – 5 reps of 50% max weight
Set 2 – 5 reps of 55% max weight
Set 3 – 5 reps of 60% max weight
Set 4 – 5 reps of 65% max weight
Set 5 – 5 reps of 75% max weight

So if you can bench press 155 lbs for 1 rep, your set would look like this –
Set 1 – 77.25 (rounds up to 80) [155 x 50%]
Set 2 – 85.25 (rounds down to 85) [155 x 55%]
Set 3 - 93 (rounds up to 95) [155 x 60%]
Set 4 - 100.75 (rounds up to 105) [155 x 65%]
Set 5 – 116.25 (rounds up to 120) [155 x .75]

In order to determine your max, however, grab a spotter at the gym, and load up weight until you can only do 1 unassisted rep. That is your 1-rep max from which you will be able to get your 5x5 plan started.
Don’t forget, its best to use a spotter no matter what, but if you can’t the 5x5 is fine to do without one. As for the 5x8-12, you will do moderately heavy weight for optimal burn and pump.
I realize you will be only doing a Mon/Weds/Fri split – but I have itemized your routine for all 5 days should you choose to do that. If you are doing just a 3 day plan – you will have to split Chest/Back as well as Shoulders/Arms.

Day 1 (Monday) - Chest
• Bench Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Incline Bench Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Decline Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Cable Crossovers – 5 sets of 8-12 reps (do not use 5x5 for this!)
OTHER CHEST EXERCISES INCLUDE: Dumbbell Bench Press, Incline Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Decline Bench Press, Dumbbell Flies, Pec Deck, Weighted Pushups, Wide Chest Press, Overhead extensions. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 4.

Day 2 (Tuesday) - Back
• Barbell Deadlift - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Lat Pulldown - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Seated Cable Row - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Dumbbell Rows - 5 set of 8-12 reps
OTHER BACK EXERCISES INCLUDE: Lower Back Extensions, Underhand High Cable Rows, Rack Pulls, Good-Mornings, Dumbbell Deadlifts, Close-Grip Pulldowns, or Barbell Rows. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 4.

Day 3 (Wednesday) – Legs
• Barbell Squats - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Seated Machine Leg Extensions - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Seated Machine Leg Curls - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Standing Calf Raises 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Seated Calf Raises 5 sets of 8-12 reps
OTHER LEGS EXERCISES INCLUDE: Dumbbell leg lunges, Leg Hip Abbduction Machine, Leg Hip Adduction Machine, Laying leg curls, Front Squats, 1 Leg Squats. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 5.

Day 4 (Thursday) - Shoulders
• Military Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Dumbbell Shoulder Shrugs - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Dumbbell Shoulder Presses - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Dumbbell Front Raises - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
OTHER SHOULDERS EXERCISES INCLUDE: Lateral Dumbbell Raises, Barbell Shrugs, Arnold Presses, Straight Bar Cable Pulldowns, Herculean Pulls. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 5.

Day 5 (Friday) - Arms
• EZ-Bar Curls - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Dumbbell Concentration Curls - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Olympic Bar Curls - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Weighted Dips - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Tricep Cable Pulldowns - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
OTHER SHOULDERS EXERCISES INCLUDE: Lateral Dumbbell Raises, Barbell Shrugs, Arnold Presses, Straight Bar Cable Pulldowns, Herculean Pulls. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 5.

Day 6 – (Saturday) Rest
Day 7 – (Sunday) Rest
NOTE::: Every other day at the gym (3 days a week) you will be doing abs!! You will need to work into your schedule 100-200 reps of ab workout into 20-25 rep sets.
Ab exercises:
Crunches, Hanging Leg Raises, Broomstick Twists, Roman Chair Situps, V-Crunches, Decline Situps, & Knee Raises.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO A PARTICULAR EXERCISE MENTIONED ABOVE…GO TO THIS WEBSITE: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm
Dec 12 2009 02:45am
Quote (iceT @ Dec 12 2009 01:22am)
What is the relationship between our central nervous system, skeletal muscle tissue health, and joint/cartridge health when high intensity interval static contrast training is applied without any weights(pure body workouts), and with weights.

Hello - very good question(s)

First of all, the central nervous system actually plays one of the most vital roles in the health, development, and maintenance of skeletal muscle tissue. Without proper care and concern, the central nervous system can mis-allocate necessary processes, and thus neglect and/or harm muscle tissue. By this I mean, when the CNS is unhappy, muscles (as well as much of the rest of your body) also is unhappy. The solution to this is to keep the CNS happy and healthy - and by doing so requires physical health (interesting circuitous cycle here) through diet and exercise (but mostly through sufficient nutrition intake and balance). Next you must maintain proper emotional/mental health (much more difficult). Without doing this, your CNS can become overwhelmed and begin to cause damage and mis-allocation to the muscles as mentioned before. A happy and disciplined body, is a body that grows and remains healthy.

As far as joint/cartilage health goes - the CNS works in a similar fashion but not quite as integral as it does with the skeletal muscle tissue. Essentially the joint/cartilage situation is decided by both physical activities (as in, repetition of a particular movement especially with weight stress can result in degeneration) and nutritional intake (lack of essentials and lack of proper supplementation). However, the CNS does play a small role in the health of joints/cartilage and should not be overlooked.

Now, joint/cart health when you are doing HIIT with bodyweight vs HIIT with weights is a VERY VERY VERY important discussion. When using weights, you more quickly degenerate your joints/cart because of excessive stress not necessarily intended to be directed upon those areas. However, some bodies are different that others and the amount of weight, frequency of exercise, as well as range of motion are all subjective to individuals and could cause some harm but others not. However, as an across the board perspective - bodyweight exercises are MUCH LESS LIKELY to degenerate, harm, or cause negative effects towards the joints/cart.

I hope this helps...it's a bit late and I'm very tired, but I just tried to answer everything as best as possible.
Gold: 845.50
Dec 12 2009 07:55am
Seconde question :)

Should i take proteins , because i took some for the month of september , and after i stoped

Should i start to take proteins again ?
Gold: 192.00
Dec 12 2009 12:46pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 11 2009 03:25pm)
This is a very interesting question.

There are many avenues you can pursue including exercise science, kinesiology, anat+physio, nutrition, or pre-med. However, they all take you you down a different path.

As far as your personal training cert goes...go for NASM or ACSM

I was going to go to Arizona State University for Kinesiology, but I liked the Exercise Science program at Northern Arizona University better. But, as you were just talking about, for pre-med thing work, with like biology and such, like do you actully have to be going into school as premed or what?(i hate to sound like a whatever about this, but the college thing is new to family haha)...the reason i ask this is is because my program now is made up of ton of biology classes an chemistry class, as you mentioned about premed. Also, for the nutrition thing, I would actually have to get an entirely differet degree for that(there are no certification programs?)? Sorry for all the questions
Dec 12 2009 01:10pm
Quote (tet56 @ Dec 12 2009 09:55am)
Seconde  question  :)

Should i take proteins , because i took some for the month of september , and after  i stoped

Should i start to take proteins again ?

if by proteins you mean protein shakes...then yes. Try Optimum or NOW! 100% whey protein isolate.

but you should always eat protein rich foods, like lean meats.
Dec 12 2009 01:14pm
Quote (bnrhodes2 @ Dec 12 2009 02:46pm)
I was going to go to Arizona State University for Kinesiology, but I liked the Exercise Science program at Northern Arizona University better. But, as you were just talking about, for pre-med thing work, with like biology and such, like do you actully have to be going into school as premed or what?(i hate to sound like a whatever about this, but the college thing is new to family haha)...the reason i ask this is is because my program now is made up of ton of biology classes an chemistry class, as you mentioned about premed. Also, for the nutrition thing, I would actually have to get an entirely differet degree for that(there are no certification programs?)?  Sorry for all the questions

you can actually change your college track (degree seeking major) and change the major to pre-med. This means any classes you already took that were required for pre-med carry over, and any other classes become electives.

To become a nutritionist, you should really get a phD in Nutrition - which will require a lot of school, but enable you to become a fully licensed nutritionist (incidentally they make pretty good money 75K++)
Gold: 845.50
Dec 12 2009 01:23pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 12 2009 07:10pm)
if by proteins you mean protein shakes...then yes. Try Optimum or NOW! 100% whey protein isolate.

but you should always eat protein rich foods, like lean meats.

Yes , i eat alot of meat ( fish/chicken/ Beef/ Horse meat , very yummy)

Where could i find this proteins shakes ? , well Optimum Or NOW
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12492502512522532039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll