d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev12472482492502512039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Dec 7 2009 01:34pm
Quote (7_Deadly_Sins @ Dec 7 2009 02:15pm)
Just use scotch tape or some string..going up and down, and left to right.
If you want to use tape, check eeebay..local hobby stores..Hobby Lobby.

thanks man! appreciate it
Dec 7 2009 01:45pm
Quote (d2Itemtrader @ Dec 7 2009 11:01am)
Hey, this is my first ever time posting here.
I'm 17, 6'1, about 200 lb's. I'm a senior in high school, I plan on going into the u.s coast guard at the end of next summer. from now til then i plan on training etc.
right now heres my workout schedule:

wake up 5:30 ~ run for 30 mins (will eventually get up to an hour)
school from 7:45-3:15 PM
gym after school for about an hour (will eventually get up to 2 hours)
i've never really worked out before..was wondering if i could get a little input on my workout plan. 1 day i do my arms, another i do ab's and legs, another i do mostly cardio and little arms and over again. mostly my arms is what im doin.
do you have any input as to what i should be doing or if this is okay.

also i'm interested in changing my diet
right now i eat:
3 eggs in the morning
for break at school i have a bag of peanuts and walnuts
lunch is just a sandwich, some yogurt, peanuts and walnuts and a vitamin water
dinner is whatever is made at home ^_^
im willing to change my diet a lot and start drinking protein shakes and sacrificing certain foods.

any help is appreciated, i'm also talking with the trainer at my gym but any help here is appreciated as well.

hey there.

try this on for size.

diet -

meal 1 - 3 eggs + 1 cup oatmeal + 1 banana
meal 2 - mixed nuts + granola bar
meal 3 - 1 can tuna made into a tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread w/ veggies
meal 4 - chicken breast + sweet potato + broccoli
meal 5 - 1 cup cottage cheese + mixed nuts

exercise routine

day 1 - chest/back
day 2 - legs and shoulders
day 3 - biceps/triceps/abs
day 4 - OFF
day 5 - chest/back
day 6 - legs and shoulders
day 7- biceps/triceps/abs

This is a good split for endurance and muscular development.

work for 20-30 sets per day with no more than 12 seconds rest between sets. Do as much as you can while maintaining form and force out as many reps as possible.
Gold: 6,670.00
Dec 7 2009 02:20pm
Hey man. Hope things are going well for you.

Could you explain the difference between a dirty bulk, clean bulk, and whatever is in between to me again.

Also include the time limit in months (years) to see large pound increment gain.
Dec 7 2009 03:11pm
Quote (Babolat @ Dec 7 2009 04:20pm)
Hey man.  Hope things are going well for you.

Could you explain the difference between a dirty bulk, clean bulk, and whatever is in between to me again.

Also include the time limit in months (years) to see large pound increment gain.

Hey there.

Clean bulk - Approx 500 cal more than you burn per day but limited to clean food (no excessive sugar, alcohol, simple carbs, or bad fats). training 5 days a week
Dirty bulk - Approx 500-1000 cal more than you burn per day with no limit to what foods to eat as long as you eat every 2-3 hours with at least 1.5g protein/lb bodyweight. training 5 days a week.
Maintenance cycle - 100-200 cal up or down of what you burn per day with first 3 meals with full complex carbs and 2nd 3 meals with no carbs. training 5 days a week.
Cutting cycle - 500 cal under what you burn per day, no carbs past SECOND meal of the day, eat every 2 hours, tons of caffeine, do 45-60 mins cardio after each workout. training 6 days a week.

You will see approximately 5-7 lb of PURE muscle gain per year if you train properly, eat well, and do not use steroids. Total weight gain might be approx 10-15 lbs depending on fat gain, water retention, etc.
Gold: 20.00
Dec 7 2009 09:50pm
Hey there I believe I may have posted before but don't know.

I've been slacking the last year or so and I've gained quite a bit of weight.

I'm 6'2 about 250 with quite a bit of body fat.
I'm working 12 hours days welding and I was wondering if you could help me with a diet plan and a workout schedule.
I have a treadmill and a little gym thingy in my house, It has butterflies a pull down bar sit up bench and curls.
I also have 2x 15 lb dumb bells.

Appreciate any advice =)
Dec 8 2009 04:22am
Quote (ShiShiO @ Dec 7 2009 11:50pm)
Hey there I believe I may have posted before but don't know.

I've been slacking the last year or so and I've gained quite a bit of weight.

I'm 6'2 about 250 with quite a bit of body fat.
I'm working 12 hours days welding and I was wondering if you could help me with a diet plan and a workout schedule.
I have a treadmill and a little gym thingy in my house, It has butterflies a pull down bar sit up bench and curls.
I also have 2x 15 lb dumb bells.

Appreciate any advice =)

Hello -

You are going to need a standard cutting cycle (please read the last 10 pages of this thread for sample diets). Once you have reviewed the sample diets...you will need a workout routine for your equipment. Try this 4x1 split:

monday - 30 mins treadmill when you wake up (empty stomach), 1 1/2 hours of weights: Bench Press, Flies, Standing Barbell Curls, crunches, situps, 30 mins cardio right after workout.
tuesday - 30 mins treadmill when you wake up (empty stomach), 1 1/2 hours of weights: Squats, Deadlifts, Pullups Overhand, Pullups Underhand, standing calf raises, 30 mins cardio right after workout.
wednesday - 30 mins treadmill when you wake up (empty stomach), 1 1/2 hours of weights: Close grip bench press, overhead skullcrushers, standing military press, front raises, shrugs, 30 mins cardio right after workout.
Thursday - 30 mins treadmill when you wake up (empty stomach), 1 1/2 hours of bodyweight exercises: Pushups, Pullups, Situps, Crunches, Calf Raises, High Jumps, Lunges, 30 mins cardio right after workout.
Friday - OFF

Then on Saturday, repeat your plan starting from the monday routine. This will constantly alternate the days you work different muscle groups.
Gold: 1,551.68
Dec 8 2009 10:36am
Is glycemic response bullshit?
Do complex carbs Mixed with simple Carbs effect insulin reaction?
Dec 8 2009 12:59pm
Quote (Honestly @ Dec 8 2009 12:36pm)
Is glycemic response bullshit?
Do complex carbs Mixed with simple Carbs effect insulin reaction?

hey there...

yes and no...it works very simply.

Imagine you have 1 gallon of Water (represents the complex carbs) and 1 gallon of Kool Aid (represents the simple carbs)

The more kool aid (simple carbs) you add to the water (complex carbs) the worse it becomes. However, it doesn't eliminate the complex carb you are eating.

So in essence...eating a simple carb with a complex carb will both have varying digestion times and therefore will both react with your body differently. You will have the intial insulin spike from the simple carbs, but a sustained insulin reaction for the complex carbs. However, simple carbs spike insulin within the first hour of eating, complex carbs can take up to 3 hours to have any effect on blood sugar at all. Therefore, the 2 hour gap in between can not be bridged easily which results in the glycemic deficit.

Basically the best rule of thumb is...if you take in simple carbs, make sure its post-workout or pre-workout and you're going to use them as energy or glycogen replenishment.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 10 2009 02:01pm
Hello,

since 2 weeks I'm having a pain in my left wrist. Everytime I skulkcrusher, straight bar curl , pick up a bar in pronation or dumbell press/bench press.

I have no pain in my right wrist, I have been checking my mouvements to see if I did something wrong, but I'm training the same way as I was before.

The only thing I changed is cutting carbs and doing tri sets with little rest ( 6x no rest 12x no rest 25x no rest). My wrist could suffer from some serious stress there.

What should I do? Should I buy some lifting gloves that support my wrist or something else?

Here where it hurts

edit : When I play around with my wrist ( flexing in all the way and warming it up) I am feeling an inflammatory sensation...some type of warm temperature at that hurting spot.

Thank you for your help

This post was edited by serennia on Dec 10 2009 02:02pm
Gold: 4,451.51
Dec 10 2009 02:22pm
@serennia:

I know this is skc's thread, but for me, wrist wraps have helped, and also placing the bar closer to the wrist than the fingers, and curling my wrist a bit in has helped. I had/have that same problem and it also continues a bit down my forearm. I'll let SKC speak for himself though (not to intrude on his thread).
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12472482492502512039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll