d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev12452462472482492039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Dec 3 2009 09:14pm
Quote (Osirislives @ Dec 3 2009 03:34pm)
I've had great results with bodyweight exercise circuits(pull ups, pushups, squat jumps etc.) and intense cardio and a good diet, as I haven't been able to be at a gym. I've been very creative with exercising and always switching stuff up. The gym is where you want to be if you want mass though

i shouldnt be posting but ahh I cannot help it.

yes, you shouldn't be posting this.

I can go on and on about the falsehoods and truths of your statements but rather I will stick to just posting facts.

1. Bodyweight exercises tend to be more cardiovascular in nature than standard lifts only IF you are not lifting hard enough, heavy enough, or with too much rest between sets.
2. A gym can be used from everything from Mass, to Strength, to Sculpting, to Pure Fat Loss - all of these things can be achieved with or without bodyweight exercises.
3. Every BODY is different, just because something works for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone/anyone. With this in mind, we must formulate ideas based on guaranteed results, and not speculation.
4. Bodyweight exercises are great and should be used at home when you are NOT at the gym as supplemental training for lazy muscle groups and as additional physical activity for fat loss.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 4 2009 04:39am
I'm 21 years old. 6'3" 243 pounds atm. Never really worked out a day in my life except for what i had to do in P.E. in school. I don't know where to start to lose weight really. I've lost 10 or so pounds in the last month or so just from walking, but other than doing that i just don't know what the hell to do.

Any simple advice you can give me that doesn't involve living at a gym and having a super strict diet? I'm just an average person.
Gold: 298.58
Dec 4 2009 08:07am
Thanks alot mate, big help
Gold: 1,551.68
Dec 4 2009 10:06am
Quote (cowbooty @ Dec 4 2009 04:39am)
I'm 21 years old. 6'3" 243 pounds atm. Never really worked out a day in my life except for what i had to do in P.E. in school. I don't know where to start to lose weight really. I've lost 10 or so pounds in the last month or so just from walking, but other than doing that i just don't know what the hell to do.

Any simple advice you can give me that doesn't involve living at a gym and having a super strict diet? I'm just an average person.

everyone is a normal person

if you put in half the effort you will be lucky to get half the results. Prepare to dedicate or prepare for mediocrity
Dec 4 2009 01:55pm
Quote (cowbooty @ Dec 4 2009 06:39am)

Is this a serious question?

You're asking me how to lose weight...without working out or a diet?

I'm sorry but do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? I know everyone would like a fast and easy way out, but I assure you that if you want to get control of your life, discipline your physical body, and stay healthy and happy - you are going to require some dedication.

You need to take one of four routes:

1. Athlete - mostly explosive and intense activity or sports for several hours a day, combined with a semi-strict diet, look like a sports star.
2. Bodybuilder/Power lifter - Train harder at the gym than anyone, eat stricter than anyone, look like a greek god.
3. Health and Fitness - Train to maintain a healthy physique at home and the gym for about an hour a day, combined with semi-strict diet, look like a physically fit average joe.
4. Do nothing and strive for mediocrity - You will lose weight on crazy diets, starvation, excess walking or basic physical activity - but will gain it all back and then some in the future, look like a total slob.

Make your choice, I am willing to help you...but only if you are willing to help yourself.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 4 2009 05:34pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 4 2009 02:55pm)
Is this a serious question?

You're asking me how to lose weight...without working out or a diet?

I'm sorry but do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? I know everyone would like a fast and easy way out, but I assure you that if you want to get control of your life, discipline your physical body, and stay healthy and happy - you are going to require some dedication.

You need to take one of four routes:

1. Athlete - mostly explosive and intense activity or sports for several hours a day, combined with a semi-strict diet, look like a sports star.
2. Bodybuilder/Power lifter - Train harder at the gym than anyone, eat stricter than anyone, look like a greek god.
3. Health and Fitness - Train to maintain a healthy physique at home and the gym for about an hour a day, combined with semi-strict diet, look like a physically fit average joe.
4. Do nothing and strive for mediocrity - You will lose weight on crazy diets, starvation, excess walking or basic physical activity - but will gain it all back and then some in the future, look like a total slob.

Make your choice, I am willing to help you...but only if you are willing to help yourself.

No i'm not saying without working out or dieting at all. I just really don't know how to go about it.
Dec 4 2009 09:28pm
Quote (cowbooty @ Dec 4 2009 07:34pm)
No i'm not saying without working out or dieting at all. I just really don't know how to go about it.

ah I see...please read the last 10 pages of the thread...this will probably answer about 95% of your questions...after your read up, come back to me with some more specific stuff and we'll get you squared away.
Gold: 3.38
Dec 4 2009 09:36pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 4 2009 07:28pm)
ah I see...please read the last 10 pages of the thread...this will probably answer about 95% of your questions...after your read up, come back to me with some more specific stuff and we'll get you squared away.

Any new pictures/videos SKC? or any improvements on the lifts?
Dec 4 2009 09:45pm
Quote (Mesonychid @ Dec 4 2009 11:36pm)
Any new pictures/videos SKC? or any improvements on the lifts?

unfortunately not yet...have not had the chance to focus on my lifting as much as I should...medical school is a bitch and a half.

Will post when available.
Gold: 3.38
Dec 4 2009 09:49pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 4 2009 07:45pm)
unfortunately not yet...have not had the chance to focus on my lifting as much as I should...medical school is a bitch and a half.

Will post when available.

Ah, best of luck in school. How long until you graduate?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12452462472482492039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll