d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev12442452462472482039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.71
Dec 3 2009 11:19am
Hi, my name's Dan. Just finished an hour long run on the treadmill, and I'm here with another question.

I was wondering if people are pre-disposed to having flat stomachs, like genetics wise?

My second question is, how do males acquire and maintain a flat stomach?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Dec 3 2009 12:46pm
Quote (Naps @ Dec 2 2009 04:22pm)
Hey, i am signing up for the Royal Marines in January and i need a good cardio+upper strength routine and diet plan
I quit kickboxing 2 years ago after doing it for 2 years but ever since i quit ive just been bulking muscle and fat i guess and not working my stamina enough
So now with all the added weight ive gained and not adding running/ cardio to my routines properly for my 2 years i've got alot to catch on before January

What im looking for is a good routine that would build my stamina with running and even muscle stamina ie military press ups, pull ups squats etc

This is what im doing a day so far

3x30 military press ups
3x40 squats
3x60 sit ups
3x50 tricep dips
3x30 crunches
3x40 squats
3x10 pull ups
3x25 press ups (wide)
3x40 alt elbow to knee
3x7 pull ups
3x60 sit ups

For my royal marines test i need to be able to do 1.5 miles in 12 minutes 1 minute rest then another 1.5 in 10 mins 30 secs

How often should i do this routine?
How often should i run?
What would be the best diet intake? ie protein etc

If you are trying to condition yourself for a specific test - such as the one for the Royal Marines, then you really need to follow a routine that is specific to the PT needed. Example:

for running, you need to do 1.5-2.0 miles every day as fast as you can, take 1 minute rest, then do another 1.5-2.0 miles as fast as you can. Record the times and do this 5 days a week. Once you beat the required time, keep going until you beat it by at least a minute on each side. Once you achieve a minute shaved off each side, you can begin practicing endurance training which including going for as LONG as you can without stopping while maintaining a jog. Your goal is to be able to run the full 3 miles without stopping in no more than 22 minutes. If you can do this, you are ready for the test.

In addition, you need to be swimming laps as frequently as you can to build up strength and endurance for the PT test.

moreover, if the PT test requires pushups, pullups, etc. You need to be doing those every other day in the same fashion.

Continue your regular workout routine as usual.

For food, you need to stick to a high complex-carb diet early in the day (pre workout) for energy and a high protein diet later in the night after all workouts are complete.

Sample:

meal 1 - 1 cup oatmeal, 1 bagel, 1 banana, 2 eggs

meal 2 - 1/2 lb cooked whole grain pasta, 4oz chicken breast

meal 3 - 1/2 cup black beans, 1 cup brown rice, 4oz chicken breast

meal 4 - 6 oz lean beef + broccoli

meal 5 - 6 oz turkey and cheese

meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese + almonds or mixed nuts
Dec 3 2009 12:49pm
Quote (SpAz. @ Dec 2 2009 05:12pm)
Hello there, I want to lose as much fat as possible now during 1-2 weeks, since I've some extra kilo's I want to get rid off. After this I want to gain some muscles to look in shape and to be in shape and to feel better overall. but the building muscle part is a later concern....

I am 181 centimetre tall (that is 71 inches.)
Not totally sure on weight since of some time, but I was 85kg and have gained like 5kg since then if I where to guess. 90kg (1 lb = 0.45359237 kg)
I'm pretty muscular under the fat I've gained, and been active in sports since until 2 years ago.
Pretty much a noob when it comes to gym, I've worked out 3 times a week for 3 months once with a fairly good scheme, and always been an on/offer except for that period. But consider myself a total noob.

I've read some in this thread and elsewhere and came to this result during 1-2 weeks to lose fat:
Take a fast speed walk before breakfast (within 15minutes of waking up): 1 hour
Eat breakfast (oathmeal or 1 slice of whole grain bread + 1 fruit)
- eat something here -
Eat lunch (Grilled chicken / roast beef / tuna fish + salad consisting of carrots/cucumber/salat/possibly apples)
- eat something here -
eventually work out with weights / gym here if that is reccomended (?)
--- Gainomax recovery/banana to restore energy after workout + to maximize it)
dinner: same as lunch
- eat something here - ?
30-45minutes of running here
---- gainomax recovery/banana again
- some almonds before I go to bed-

Repeat 6 days a week, rest sunday. As you can see it's pretty obvious I'll be exhausted, hence it's only for 1 week or 2 week tops, but to burn fat asap before starting real "work"

My questions concrete is:
Should I skip the eventual workout with gym inbetween lunch/dinner? is it "too much"? Main concern is that I will have to shower 3times a day lol, + cannot do stuf since I'll have to workout 24/7
What the heck should I eat as snack / in between the bigger meals if I don't have supplements / don't plan on buying? (protein shake etc)

Thanks alot for your answers, and if I have to clarify something just lmk!

Hey there. Skip the late night gym session and instead merge the middle and last session into 1 session. Do 1 hour of weights followed up by 30-45 mins of cardio immediately afterwards. do this is the middle of the day, not late at night if you avoid it.

snacks = hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks, celery and peanut butter, almonds or mixed nuts, grilled chicken chunks, or tuna right out of the can.
Dec 3 2009 12:51pm
Quote (ibaali @ Dec 2 2009 07:11pm)
will i loose my manboobs by just working out ( currently building ) or will i have to wait on a cut to see them go away?

you need to work out and go on a cutting routine for fatty deposits around the chest to go away, however if you have abnormally large chest fat deposits you may have gyno. See a doctor and have him do a full bloodwork exam on you to inspect your estrogen/testosterone levels. You may have an imbalance which would require supplementation or medical intervention.
Dec 3 2009 12:58pm
Quote (MysticaLLL @ Dec 2 2009 10:50pm)
Hi, i realize your busy, i pm'ed you about 5 days or so ago and never got a response, i thought if i posted here
maybe it will be easier for you

basically I want to know a way to get lower abs as fast and clean as possible, upper doesn't seem to be a problem
but the lower abs are more difficult, would there be a workout routine (for abs of course) that could get me these without
cutting my diet?

I'm 18
6'2
181lbs

if anymore info is needed just lmk of course, will donate if looks good and i can follow it.

oh, monday, wednesday, and friday, i do rough baseball conditioning and then lifting after, get lots of exercise and run a lot

Hello - please keep up with the forum. I have mentioned tons of times that I can NOT respond to PM's. I am way too busy and can not waste my efforts on helping only 1 single person. By answered in the thread, my replies reach everyone and thus provide help to many more than just 1 person at a time.

thank you!

Now as for your answer:

The problem with lower abs is that without a low enough body fat percentage (which in most cases has to be 8% or lower), the lower abs will NOT show fully. This is a combination of the lack of muscle in the lower abs compared to upper abs, genetics, and bodyfat.

Here is the best method to use.

3x a week, do 5 sets of hanging leg raises (GOOD FORM, NO SWINGING) until failure. That mean each set you will go until you fail and simply can not go further.

In addition, add 30 mins of cardio to the end of every workout to shred up another 1-2% bodyfat.

This is really the best option for what you want.

Dec 3 2009 01:04pm
Quote (XxShAfTeDxX @ Dec 3 2009 03:33am)
got a quick question man - what is the best post workout protein powder to get?  i know you suggested whey protein isolate, but was there a specific brand you think is supreme to all others?

i was suggested this:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/allthewhey/isolate.html

Looks to be a solid product. I personally recommend the following:

1. Bulking - 1 scoop Cytosport Muscle milk + 1 scoop Now! 100% whey isolate or cytosport cytogainer shake (if you're a hardgainer)
2. Cutting - 2 scoops NOW! 100% whey isolate
Dec 3 2009 01:05pm
Quote (Xfernet @ Dec 3 2009 01:19pm)
Hi, my name's Dan.  Just finished an hour long run on the treadmill, and I'm here with another question.

I was wondering if people are pre-disposed to having flat stomachs, like genetics wise? 

Yes. Genetics plays a huge role in fat loss and body shape. As for attaining such, you need to be on a cutting cycle. Please read the last 10 pages of the thread for very specific info on this.
Gold: 31.01
Dec 3 2009 01:34pm
Quote (Xfernet @ Dec 3 2009 12:19pm)
Hi, my name's Dan.  Just finished an hour long run on the treadmill, and I'm here with another question.

I've had great results with bodyweight exercise circuits(pull ups, pushups, squat jumps etc.) and intense cardio and a good diet, as I haven't been able to be at a gym. I've been very creative with exercising and always switching stuff up. The gym is where you want to be if you want mass though

i shouldnt be posting but ahh I cannot help it.
Gold: 0.69
Dec 3 2009 09:08pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 3 2009 02:58pm)
Hello - please keep up with the forum. I have mentioned tons of times that I can NOT respond to PM's. I am way too busy and can not waste my efforts on helping only 1 single person. By answered in the thread, my replies reach everyone and thus provide help to many more than just 1 person at a time.

thank you!

Now as for your answer:

The problem with lower abs is that without a low enough body fat percentage (which in most cases has to be 8% or lower), the lower abs will NOT show fully. This is a combination of the lack of muscle in the lower abs compared to upper abs, genetics, and bodyfat.

Here is the best method to use.

3x a week, do 5 sets of hanging leg raises (GOOD FORM, NO SWINGING) until failure. That mean each set you will go until you fail and simply can not go further.

In addition, add 30 mins of cardio to the end of every workout to shred up another 1-2% bodyfat.

This is really the best option for what you want.

I apologize for this, but thanks for helping me
Dec 3 2009 09:12pm
Quote (MysticaLLL @ Dec 3 2009 11:08pm)
I apologize for this, but thanks for helping me

my pleasure.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12442452462472482039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll