d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev12282292302312322039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 4 2009 01:54am
Quote (cseitz71690 @ Nov 3 2009 08:52am)
I have that, haven't read it too much though. :(
either that or some book like that. lol

take some time to read it...excellent book...a few pages a night really keeps you motivated ;-)
Gold: 73.71
Nov 4 2009 12:19pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 4 2009 02:53am)
Hey there.

1. Treadmill and Spin bike are fine, but yes I would add actual flat surface running (preferably for suicides/shuttle run sprints)
2. For weights, you will need to focus on endurance of the legs - that means hitting squats, lunges, and calf raises....light/medium weight, very high failure reps and force fast-twitch muscle growth by exploding to the top of each rep, and letting it down slowly....so for a squat you would explode up and go down slow, for lunges the same way, and for calf raises the same way as well. If you do not have access to a gym, use your own bodyweight to perform these exercises. Try to do this routine every other day for roughly 5 sets per exercise.
3. orange triad is a good multi because it also has joint support, minerals, and herbs. I would recommend NOW! Adam or Orange Triad as your multi. Also try a good thermogenic like GAT - Jet Fuel. Also, BCAA's are a necessity before/during/after any exercises and between meals to prevent muscle loss and increase metabolism.

I have BCAA's and have been using them.
Thank you for the advice, I am looking into training with my friends team during the winter so I'll have space to get in some running.
So for my workouts focus completely on legs? I am joining a gym this week.
Nov 4 2009 01:16pm
Quote (kbk @ Nov 4 2009 02:19pm)
I have BCAA's and have been using them.
Thank you for the advice, I am looking into training with my friends team during the winter so I'll have space to get in some running.
So for my workouts focus completely on legs? I am joining a gym this week.

well no - I mean if you are training for the sole purpose of running...then you can do that...I never advise anyone to have an unbalanced routine unless they are training for something very specific

if you want the complete package...it should be like this

mon - chest/back + cardio
tues - legs/abs
weds - shoulders +cardio
thursi - arms/abs +cardio
fri - legs
sat - cardio
sun - off

Nov 4 2009 02:46pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 4 2009 02:16pm)
well no - I mean if you are training for the sole purpose of running...then you can do that...I never advise anyone to have an unbalanced routine unless they are training for something very specific

if you want the complete package...it should be like this

mon - chest/back + cardio
tues - legs/abs
weds - shoulders +cardio
thursi - arms/abs +cardio
fri - legs
sat - cardio
sun - off

Hmm.. Very nice, If I do in fact join a gym I'll look into this.
No cardio on leg days at all?
Gold: 755.00
Nov 4 2009 06:38pm
Quote (kbk @ Nov 4 2009 04:46pm)
Hmm.. Very nice, If I do in fact join a gym I'll look into this.
No cardio on leg days at all?

Well you could but it would be hard after an intense leg workout.
You could do cardio 5-6 days a week if you wanted.
It's really up to you.
Nov 4 2009 07:25pm
Quote (WDZepplin @ Nov 4 2009 07:38pm)
Well you could but it would be hard after an intense leg workout.
You could do cardio 5-6 days a week if you wanted.
It's really up to you.

So just not as much/intense is probably what I'll be looking at.
How long ya think should I be doing cardio for each day?
I do 42 minutes on the treadmill.
If I use the bike usually 50 minutes, but its less intense, but high resistance.
Nov 5 2009 12:06am
Quote (kbk @ Nov 4 2009 09:25pm)
So just not as much/intense is probably what I'll be looking at.
How long ya think should I be doing cardio for each day?
I do 42 minutes on the treadmill.
If I use the bike usually 50 minutes, but its less intense, but high resistance.

here is the deal with cardio. on leg days, avoid it...it will be deleterious to the leg workout you just did...remember after leg training the last thing you want is to start over-working and tearing the muscle fibers beyond their threshhold...this will cause overtraining regardless of diet and rest.

Cardio should be no more than 1 hour a day for your goals. If you are doing it post workout do no more than 30-45 mins with plenty of bcaa's.
Gold: 3.71
Nov 5 2009 12:52am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 29 2009 02:04pm)
Hello -

first of all, residual soreness is normal - don't worry about it.

Hi, I still have soreness in my right arm like right where my biceps are, from doing pull-ups. (real pullups, dead hang) It's been there for like two weeks. Is that the muscle rebuilding itself or what? I didn't injure myself doing too many pull ups on the pull up bar I have in my room, did I? I mean, I can only do like 5 pull ups...I'm not fat or anything (6'0, 175lbs) but I'm not lean/cut.

Just wondering if I should let it heal or what do you think I should do about the soreness?

This post was edited by Xfernet on Nov 5 2009 12:53am
Nov 5 2009 03:20am
Quote (Xfernet @ Nov 5 2009 02:52am)
Hi, I still have soreness in my right arm like right where my biceps are, from doing pull-ups. (real pullups, dead hang)  It's been there for like two weeks.  Is that the muscle rebuilding itself or what?  I didn't injure myself doing too many pull ups on the pull up bar I have in my room, did I?  I mean, I can only do like 5 pull ups...I'm not fat or anything (6'0, 175lbs) but I'm not lean/cut. 

Just wondering if I should let it heal or what do you think I should do about the soreness?

in the time that you have had the soreness have you continued to use the muscles and done more pull-ups?

You can most certainly injure yourself, but I need more details.
Gold: 3.71
Nov 5 2009 07:32am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 5 Nov 2009 03:20)
in the time that you have had the soreness have you continued to use the muscles and done more pull-ups?

You can most certainly injure yourself, but I need more details.

Hey there - just got back from an hour and a half run outside. Man I love winter time!

Well, its like right above my elbow if i squeeze my arm it's sore. It's not like...in pain its just sore.
I've done a few pull ups but I haven't done anything rigorous. I was just trying to push myself cause I'm going into the military in March 2010 and I want to be fit. So yeah.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12282292302312322039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll