d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev12132142152162172039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 20.51
Warn: 70%
Oct 23 2009 06:12pm
Quote (Boxa @ Oct 23 2009 07:59pm)
I'll give the new ON product a whirl and see how it goes.

lmao.

you're better off getting an isolate vs. that hydro whey nonsense ON recently put out
Banned
Oct 23 2009 06:14pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 23 2009 07:46pm)
Actually...

the cholesterol is beneficial as you all should know. Cholesterol is the simplest form of steroid that we can get. Chole = bile or fat and sterol = steroid.

High cholesterol diets actually are extremely helpful in muscle growth. Heavy cream is used as a supplement amongst hard gainer bodybuilders.

Do not forget, eating cholesterol doesn't increase cholesterol levels in the body!!! Instead, saturated fats do. When too many saturated fats enter the bloodstream, white blood cells are alerted that there is an invader (no real idea why this is...) and they go to attack the saturated fat. This causes the white blood cells to get stuck in the saturated fat molecules which lead to a spongy occlusion of fat around the arterial walls. High density lipids like olive oil, avocado, fish oil, flax, etc - all help CLEAN these arterial occlusions. As your arterial walls become occluded, cholesterol levels in your body begin to rise.

So simply consuming a high level of cholesterol in your diet, as long as you are getting a good balance of HDL to LDL fats is the best way to spark testosterone production and increase anabolism.

As far as Optimum protein goes, its very pure and very good quality overall - I would recommend it for daily use - but I prefer NOW! 100% whey isolate (which is actually a lot more expensive).

i'm not arguing the benefits of cholesterol.

fats + cholesterol are great, and the cholesterol consumed through diet doesn't affect triglyceride levels, i know this.

i was just using the amount of fat/carbs/cholesterol and other shit in whey protein products are a measure to judge their purity.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 355.06
Trader: Trusted
Oct 23 2009 06:25pm
Quote (Peachie @ Oct 23 2009 08:12pm)
lmao.

you're better off getting an isolate vs. that hydro whey nonsense ON recently put out

I was about to post in b4 peachie, but you beat me..that new crap is horrible.
Banned
Oct 23 2009 07:46pm
i'm also pretty sure that alan aragon has busted the myth on hydroslate and proved that isolate gets absorbed/utilized superiorly
Gold: 8,422.77
Oct 23 2009 10:55pm
Quote (Peachie @ Oct 23 2009 09:46pm)
i'm also pretty sure that alan aragon has busted the myth on hydroslate and proved that isolate gets absorbed/utilized superiorly

this is all possible...but in all honesty...hydrowhey hasn't been studied enough to draw any definite conclusions

NOW! 100% whey isolate is probably the most non-medical non-chemical stuff you can get....and a 10 lb bag is usually only about $70 on bb
Banned
Oct 23 2009 11:00pm
yeah, i'm learning more and finding that the non-flashier companies (like NOW! foods) and not-as-mainstream companies are exponentially superior to the ones always being hyped up
Gold: 9,244.19
Oct 24 2009 06:07am
Hi I saw your post and would like some help. Im going to be getting some FG soon and 100% ill be sending some for your help. What im looking for is some advice on nutrition/Workout.

Some background on myself.

I am a big guy however im not one of the fat guys that cant do anything. I BMX 6-7 hours a week so I have pretty solid legs(Nothing bulging but would look great on a guy smaller then me. 5-6 years ago I played AAA hockey(I'm Canadian) and I had 8 Hours on ice + 5 hours off ice training + 2-3 games per week and while I was ALOT smaller then I am now I was never a small/skinny guy. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get in shape as I see how it is negatively effecting my life. This is not the only place im going to be going for information, I got a meeting with one of the trainers at the gym I'm going to that deals with diet/workout however I'm looking to hear from multiple people. About 1 month ago I joined my local gym and have been focusing more of cardio (Elliptical + Bike) however I do about 30 minutes of weights when I go as well(I go with a friend and hes looking to bulk up but I'm not very workout educated (Names of exercises and whatnot so I just follow what he does). Im not looking to take any intense drugs or completely stop eating for a week to loose weight I'm looking to do this the healthy way.

If your just going to post "Haha Fatty please send it to my PM box and enjoy your ignore.

What basic things about yourself should you post in a fitness help thread?

* Goals
Im just looking to get into a more active lifestyle and be more healthy all around

* Height/Weight
72 Inches(6 Feet)/290 pound

* Chest- # Push-ups, or bench press
I can do +/- 20 Push ups

* Back- # Pull-ups
Not able to do any pull ups

What information should you post in a diet related thread?

* How many meals you eat per day and when
I eat 2-3 meals a day depending on if I have time for breakfast with work

* Some of the regular foods you eat/drink
I eat a lot of pasta(Gotta get away from that) and I have a fairly balanced diet.(Oatmeal /w milk is my normal breakfast if I have time) I eat lots of veggies though I do eat Chinese food quite often(Nice sit down place not crappy takeout) so im guessing I takein a decent amount of oil as well.

* Supplements you are currently on
I was on something called Magic milk for a about 3 weeks(Stopped taking it last week) this is a protein powder and is non bulking.

* How often you work out
Right now Im working out roughly 3 times a week(I started working out 1 month ago) though sometimes its 5 days a week sometimes I can only get there 1-2 days a week.(If this is a huge issue to helping me get in better shape I can change come stuff around at work.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 355.06
Oct 24 2009 07:22am
Quote (Peachie @ Oct 24 2009 01:00am)
yeah, i'm learning more and finding that the non-flashier companies (like NOW! foods) and not-as-mainstream companies are exponentially superior to the ones always being hyped up

That's the exact reason why I use TP..why would you pay more for a fancy label? Plus, have you ever seen the guy who owns TP..and the guys he trains? He knows his stuff.

I just looked at NOW!, doesn't look bad, but still a bit on the expensive side...plus on their 10 pound bags I don't like how they dont list what's in it(the ratio)
Their whey isolate is a joke..12 bucks a pound.
And their ZMAs are really high too.
Gold: 1,551.68
Oct 24 2009 09:14am
Quote (Bignoga @ Oct 24 2009 06:07am)
Hi I saw your post and would like some help. Im going to be getting some FG soon and 100% ill be sending some for your help. What im looking for is some advice on nutrition/Workout.

Some background on myself.

I am a big guy however im not one of the fat guys that cant do anything. I BMX 6-7 hours a week so I have pretty solid legs(Nothing bulging but would look great on a guy smaller then me. 5-6 years ago I played AAA hockey(I'm Canadian) and I had 8 Hours on ice + 5 hours off ice training + 2-3 games per week and while I was ALOT smaller then I am now I was never a small/skinny guy. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get in shape as I see how it is negatively effecting my life. This is not the only place im going to be going for information, I got a meeting with one of the trainers at the gym I'm going to that deals with diet/workout however I'm looking to hear from multiple people. About 1 month ago I joined my local gym and have been focusing more of cardio (Elliptical + Bike) however I do about 30 minutes of weights when I go as well(I go with a friend and hes looking to bulk up but I'm not very workout educated (Names of exercises and whatnot so I just follow what he does). Im not looking to take any intense drugs or completely stop eating for a week to loose weight I'm looking to do this the healthy way.

If your just going to post "Haha Fatty please send it to my PM box and enjoy your ignore.

What basic things about yourself should you post in a fitness help thread?

* Goals
Im just looking to get into a more active lifestyle and be more healthy all around

* Height/Weight
72 Inches(6 Feet)/290 pound

* Chest- # Push-ups, or bench press
I can do +/- 20 Push ups

* Back- # Pull-ups
Not able to do any pull ups

What information should you post in a diet related thread?

* How many meals you eat per day and when
I eat 2-3 meals a day depending on if I have time for breakfast with work

* Some of the regular foods you eat/drink
I eat a lot of pasta(Gotta get away from that) and I have a fairly balanced diet.(Oatmeal /w milk is my normal breakfast if I have time) I eat lots of veggies though I do eat Chinese food quite often(Nice sit down place not crappy takeout) so im guessing I takein a decent amount of oil as well.

* Supplements you are currently on
I was on something called Magic milk for a about 3 weeks(Stopped taking it last week) this is a protein powder and is non bulking.

* How often you work out
Right now Im working out roughly 3 times a week(I started working out 1 month ago) though sometimes its 5 days a week sometimes I can only get there 1-2 days a week.(If this is a huge issue to helping me get in better shape I can change come stuff around at work.

look through this thread. I've told my friends that want to get into fitness to read this and they say literally every question has been answered by page fifty or so
Gold: 0.00
Oct 24 2009 09:39am
What is your opiniong on peanuts / peanut butter

I'm talking about the fact that it contains estrogen
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12132142152162172039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll