d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev12122132142152162039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 20.51
Warn: 70%
Oct 23 2009 12:24pm
Quote (Boxa @ Oct 23 2009 02:22pm)
Right...I don't care for taste, I can chug it down if need be.
and I don't care about cost.
I'm looking for the absolute best product.

If that means getting a complete iso/hydrowhey mix from tp...so be it.

But I'm looking to really optimize the intake I get from the shake as I'm flirting with what's probably an unhealthy caloric deficit so I'm looking to get the most out of the calories that I do intake.

and while I'm aware that I should be taking in more calories, mentally I'm at a point where that's just not going to happen.

true protein or all the whey
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 23 2009 12:30pm
Quote (Peachie @ Oct 23 2009 01:10pm)
even if they used a majority of isolate and the rest conc and a sprinkle of hydro, its still somewhat lower quality stuff if you look @ the cholesterol and compare to other legit whey

(all the whey isolate has 0% cholesterol and their concentrate has 7% in a serving, their conc/iso blend has 4% in a serving)

optimum has 10% cholesterol in a serving...

just sayin'

trueprotein has 8% in a serving
Retired Moderator
Gold: 355.06
Trader: Trusted
Oct 23 2009 12:33pm
Quote (:Thanatos: @ Oct 23 2009 02:30pm)
trueprotein has 8% in a serving

They also list what's in each bag, you're also comparing iso/conc to only iso.
Their ISO has 0%.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 23 2009 12:33pm
Quote (7_Deadly_Sins @ Oct 23 2009 01:33pm)
They also list what's in each bag, you're also comparing iso/conc to only iso.
Their ISO has 0%.

I'm comparing iso/conc to iso/conc...
Gold: 1,551.68
Oct 23 2009 01:25pm
So as a solution for lack of calories, you shy from food. Gz
Gold: 8,422.77
Oct 23 2009 05:46pm
Quote (Peachie @ Oct 23 2009 02:10pm)
even if they used a majority of isolate and the rest conc and a sprinkle of hydro, its still somewhat lower quality stuff if you look @ the cholesterol and compare to other legit whey

(all the whey isolate has 0% cholesterol and their concentrate has 7% in a serving, their conc/iso blend has 4% in a serving)

optimum has 10% cholesterol in a serving...

just sayin'

Actually...

the cholesterol is beneficial as you all should know. Cholesterol is the simplest form of steroid that we can get. Chole = bile or fat and sterol = steroid.

High cholesterol diets actually are extremely helpful in muscle growth. Heavy cream is used as a supplement amongst hard gainer bodybuilders.

Do not forget, eating cholesterol doesn't increase cholesterol levels in the body!!! Instead, saturated fats do. When too many saturated fats enter the bloodstream, white blood cells are alerted that there is an invader (no real idea why this is...) and they go to attack the saturated fat. This causes the white blood cells to get stuck in the saturated fat molecules which lead to a spongy occlusion of fat around the arterial walls. High density lipids like olive oil, avocado, fish oil, flax, etc - all help CLEAN these arterial occlusions. As your arterial walls become occluded, cholesterol levels in your body begin to rise.

So simply consuming a high level of cholesterol in your diet, as long as you are getting a good balance of HDL to LDL fats is the best way to spark testosterone production and increase anabolism.

As far as Optimum protein goes, its very pure and very good quality overall - I would recommend it for daily use - but I prefer NOW! 100% whey isolate (which is actually a lot more expensive).
Oct 23 2009 05:48pm
Quote (Boxa @ Oct 23 2009 02:22pm)
Right...I don't care for taste, I can chug it down if need be.
and I don't care about cost.
I'm looking for the absolute best product.

If that means getting a complete iso/hydrowhey mix from tp...so be it.

But I'm looking to really optimize the intake I get from the shake as I'm flirting with what's probably an unhealthy caloric deficit so I'm looking to get the most out of the calories that I do intake.

and while I'm aware that I should be taking in more calories, mentally I'm at a point where that's just not going to happen.

Listen to me.

If you want the "BEST" protein shake for your purposes....you can either take my advice and go with the NOW! 100% whey isolate mixed with 1 banana and water or alternatively you could go with something new and unproven but scientifically is much better...

Optimum Platinum Hydrowhey - I personally do not have any personal trial/error with this product, but I have done plenty of research. It appears to be one of the purest mainstream proteins out there...give it a shot if you want cutting edge stuff.

edit:

NOW! 100% whey isolate is literally 100% whey isolate. There is NO concentrate.

ingredients are:

Cross-Flow Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate (Providing B-Lactoglobulin, A-Lactalbumin, Immunoglobulins, And Glycomacro Peptides), Natural Flavors, Fructose, Xanthan Gum, Sea Salt, Soy Lecithin, And Stevia Rebaudiana Herbal Extract. Contains Milk And Soy Derivatives.

Contains No Starch, Yeast, Wheat, Gluten Preservatives.

Extremely healthy and very effective from one of my favorite companies who have proven themselves year after year as one of the best.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Oct 23 2009 05:50pm
Gold: 1,551.68
Oct 23 2009 05:49pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 23 2009 05:46pm)
Actually...

the cholesterol is beneficial as you all should know. Cholesterol is the simplest form of steroid that we can get. Chole = bile or fat and sterol = steroid.

High cholesterol diets actually are extremely helpful in muscle growth. Heavy cream is used as a supplement amongst hard gainer bodybuilders.

Do not forget, eating cholesterol doesn't increase cholesterol levels in the body!!! Instead, saturated fats do. When too many saturated fats enter the bloodstream, white blood cells are alerted that there is an invader (no real idea why this is...) and they go to attack the saturated fat. This causes the white blood cells to get stuck in the saturated fat molecules which lead to a spongy occlusion of fat around the arterial walls. High density lipids like olive oil, avocado, fish oil, flax, etc - all help CLEAN these arterial occlusions. As your arterial walls become occluded, cholesterol levels in your body begin to rise.

So simply consuming a high level of cholesterol in your diet, as long as you are getting a good balance of HDL to LDL fats is the best way to spark testosterone production and increase anabolism.

As far as Optimum protein goes, its very pure and very good quality overall - I would recommend it for daily use - but I prefer NOW! 100% whey isolate (which is actually a lot more expensive).

best thing I've read. Egg yolks are pretty wretched I hear for general consumption.

This correct?

This post was edited by Honestly on Oct 23 2009 05:50pm
Oct 23 2009 05:54pm
Quote (Honestly @ Oct 23 2009 07:49pm)
best thing I've read.  Egg yolks are pretty wretched I hear for general consumption.

This correct?

negative.

Egg yolks are amazing for overall health. the cholesterol, good fats, and immune properties of egg yolk are virtually essential for bodybuilders.

Egg whites are used all the time for cutting diets but I disagree with this philosophy.

Without sufficient good fats, you lose out on a lot of solid gains and also harm your body.

Just because fats have 9 cal / gram doesn't mean that they are more fattening than protein/carbs.

Simple carbs remain the most "fattening" macro - and HDL fats actually are the most "slimming" macro. (not counting fiber which is not a macro and provides no nutrition)

The amount of calories it takes to burn 1 gram of HDL fat vs 1 gram of whey protein is actually more for the fat. However, the fat can not be broken down into amino acids like the protein.

Thus it comes down to balance.

Fats are required for anabolism and testosterone production and circulatory system health

Protein is required for muscle building and overall health through amino acid breakdown and assembling as well as satiety

Carbs are required for glycogen and glucose breakdown which provide insulin (also a steroid), release energy (as ATP), and provide growth and nourishment for the brain

the key is balancing all of these macros appropriately to suit your needs.
Gold: 120.00
Oct 23 2009 05:59pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 23 2009 06:48pm)
Listen to me.

If you want the "BEST" protein shake for your purposes....you can either take my advice and go with the NOW! 100% whey isolate mixed with 1 banana and water or alternatively you could go with something new and unproven but scientifically is much better...

Optimum Platinum Hydrowhey - I personally do not have any personal trial/error with this product, but I have done plenty of research. It appears to be one of the purest mainstream proteins out there...give it a shot if you want cutting edge stuff.

edit:

NOW! 100% whey isolate is literally 100% whey isolate. There is NO concentrate.

ingredients are:

Cross-Flow Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate (Providing B-Lactoglobulin, A-Lactalbumin, Immunoglobulins, And Glycomacro Peptides), Natural Flavors, Fructose, Xanthan Gum, Sea Salt, Soy Lecithin, And Stevia Rebaudiana Herbal Extract. Contains Milk And Soy Derivatives.

Contains No Starch, Yeast, Wheat, Gluten Preservatives.

Extremely healthy and very effective from one of my favorite companies who have proven themselves year after year as one of the best.

I'll give the new ON product a whirl and see how it goes.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12122132142152162039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll