d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev12042052062072082039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 748.53
Sep 21 2009 05:45pm
raynor, what is your take on peri workout nutrition? what would you say would be optimal? I saw what one lifting coach on another forum said would be optimal but it was completely different that anything i had ever seen im confused lol
so yeah what would you say would be optimal?
Gold: 0.00
Sep 21 2009 07:25pm
I'm 5'10/150lbs, and have been going to the gym casually for the past 2-3 weeks.As you can see, I'm fairly small, but am not out of shape. I'm going to start taking Protein Whey and maybe BCAA's after a while(7 Deadly Sins recommended them, thanks to him :) ), and was wondering if you could do a quick workout schedule for me. I will be going to the gym Tues, Thurs, and Saturdays, each week. Thanks for the help, you seem to be a big help to people!
Gold: 38,115.35
Sep 22 2009 04:41pm
Hey Raynor, posting this post here as well, since I value your opinion alot (and you helped me in the past, if you remember).

Anyways here it is:

Well, I do know a little about alot, but maybe I don't know as much as I'd like about this.
I've written programs for myself in the past that worked good.
I know something about lifting weights for strength, and a little less I think about lifting weights for the aesthetic part of lifting.

Well just to write a little something about me. I've dabbled in lifting weights before, alot on and off. I've been off during the whole summer, and want to start again.
I've always been lifting more for strength, or at best strength and size, I think. I've been on a 5-split, I wrote myself with much success in the past (but it could have been better maybe?).
The last year I've done alot of lifting for strength (with size as a bi-result).

This summer I've mostly been playing volleyball or playing tennis for exercise, hardly touching the weights.

What I want to do now, is lift purely for size and looks. Over the summer I've lost about 15 pouns of weight.
I also have a history of week knees, but squat and deadlift show to be no problem (sprinting on asfalt, or cycling for long periods of time is not!)

Stats before summer:
bench 5x 170
squat 5x 286
dead 5x 374
SOP 5x 120ish
weight then about 175
now about 155-160

So.. I just wanna ask for your help!
I've recently reopened my access to a gym with whatever I need (also loads of different machines there).
So I can train 5 times a week. Whatever is best to reach my goals of a better body.
Supplements: omega3, multivitaming, creatine (not on now), whey, maltodextrin

I'm mainly interested in the training program, and help to make the optimal one.
I want to get bigger arms, shoulders. A general better looking upper body, and of course gzer legs (and calves if possible).

Of course pictures also follow of how I look now:

Warn: 10%
Sep 23 2009 05:38pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sun, Sep 20 2009, 06:48pm)
mon - chest/bis (incline bench, dumbbell bench, pec flies, db bicep curls, preacher curls, hammer curls)
tues - back/tris (lat pulldowns, cable rows, bb rows, tricep kickbacks, tricep dips, and cable pulldowns)
weds - quads/hamstrings (leg extensions, squats, lunges, seated leg curls, laying leg curls)
thurs - shoulders/calves (dumbbell shoulder presses, military press, db shrugs, db front raises, standing calf raises, seated calf raises, calf raise stairmaster 5-10 minutes)

also when should i take my muscle milk and multivietems? do i take them on days that i dont work out?
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Sep 25 2009 02:37am
Need a easy and simple diet plan, and a excercise routine.

pm me if u can help, ill send over my weight n shit thanks.

110kg/6'1, Never excercised in my life... time to make a change. Lmk if you can help!

This post was edited by MeanMaoriMean on Sep 25 2009 03:01am
Retired Moderator
Gold: 355.06
Trader: Trusted
Sep 25 2009 06:49am
Raynor, when you get a change, PM me and tell me how life's going..hope everything is ok.
Gold: 37,507.25
Sep 28 2009 07:07am
i hear ppl saying never drink soda... but why? too much sugar? im 18 and i weigh 140lbs and im finding it hard to eat lots so... it wouldnt hurt to have like 2 cans a day right? im probably eating 500+ calories under what i need to eat every day and i really wanna gain muscle... ive gained like 15 lbs over 6 months (not sure if thats good or bad...) and ive hit a wall and im not gaining any more so i guess i needa start eating more right?

i probably eat like half a loaf of white bread, 1-2 bananas, 2-4 eggs, maybe a chicken breast fillet and a protein shake after working out and at night every day. not enough right? i need to expand my stomach so i'll start trying to force food down for now on.

Oct 1 2009 06:47pm
first off
Leg Press - 1,400 lbs x 2, Wow nice man! i can only do about 500-650 :P lol

im trying to gain weight bulking up so im switching up my diet to high carbs / proteins / calories do you have any suggestion of a diet i can take i heard from the chef at work i should do red meats / pastas and sugars!

also the work out i plan just using free weights :P
Oct 5 2009 08:28am
I need a bit of help, since nothing I do seems to work.
6'0"
191lbs
max bench: 155
Max squat: 70 (ROFL, serious stat is serious tho)
regular diet: I dont really keep one, but that is what I think the problem is. I'm in weight training class at my school, and i'm improving, but not as much as I would like. My Coach doesn't tell us anything except that we need like 40mgs of protein within 40 minutes of finishing our workout. which i do.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 7 2009 01:50am
So to ice my fucking cake...

my g/f of 5 years has been cheating on me with a 2-bit wanna-be gangster punk.

want to see his pic?

http://www.facebook.com/bezares1

enjoy it.

Seriously...the problems in my life never end...I am now turning my advice thread where you ask me for advice in reverse...I am asking you guys for advice....

This guy dated my gf in the 9th grade...and apparently the two have been fucking around on and off for the 5 years we've been together.

The rage that fills my heart is overwhelming....I am fucking spent.

thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer me.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12042052062072082039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll