d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Ultimate Post Your Own Picture Thread > Show Off Your Hard Earned Body
Prev1204120422043204420452268Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,029.00
Dec 14 2015 05:51am
Quote (serialj0e @ Dec 13 2015 10:39pm)
Yes I know alot more than most I'm.not clueless lol

Lmao shut up dude... How can you possibly make this statement after the post yesterday about arching on bench? You know a lot less than most :wacko:

This post was edited by orpimpin1201 on Dec 14 2015 05:51am
Gold: 320.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 14 2015 08:48am
Quote (orpimpin1201 @ Dec 14 2015 06:51am)
Lmao shut up dude... How can you possibly make this statement after the post yesterday about arching on bench? You know a lot less than most :wacko:

yeah... and grizzley adams had a beard...
Gold: 1,590.64
Dec 14 2015 08:49am
Quote (orpimpin1201 @ Dec 14 2015 07:51am)

lol arching on bench adds the illusion of more strenght but can lead to injury in my opinion was talking about nutrition but alright.

also you may lift more when arching your back but wont get your regular benchpress to same level.

The excessive arch originated as a way to manipulate the rules, which in powerlifting state that the upper back and butt must be on the bench at all times.

The rules don't say anything specifically about the lower back touching the bench, which makes sense. Given the natural curve of the spine and the fact that people have glutes – powerlifters often more than their fair share – a lifter's lower back won't touch the bench unless he lifts his feet off the ground.

In short, it wasn't technically illegal to use a big arch. Since people like to win, the powerlifting big arch was born.

Now if one is competing in a powerlifting competition and the goal is to bench as much as possible, then by all means, arch away. But I still don't believe you should train with an arch very often; just enough to be comfortable with it come competition day.

And if that isn't you – if you're just an ordinary gym rat looking to get bigger and stronger – then lose the goal of replicating the St. Louis Arch with your spine.

first off, this position puts much more pressure on the lower back. When the spine is in extreme extension, the discs and nerves are at a greater risk of injury.

Granted, the spine isn't loaded in the traditional sense during a bench press as it is during a squat, but there's still a lot of weight coming down, and assuming the legs are also driving up, some of these forces will meet in the spine.

Don't believe me? Have someone with a hurt back try to excessively arch while benching – their back pain flares up almost immediately.

Arching the back decreases the range of motion, thereby making the exercise easier and allowing a lifter to lift more weight. The downside is the muscles aren't challenged through their full ROM, so the muscle building potential is diminished.

right im just smoking bad drugs... lol

of course some arching could be alright its just not the proper way to bench and could lead to injury tho i see why some do it to have higher personal bench 1MR

This post was edited by serialj0e on Dec 14 2015 09:07am
Gold: 56.00
Dec 14 2015 09:09am
Quote (serialj0e @ Dec 14 2015 07:49am)
lol arching on bench adds the illusion of more strenght but can lead to injury in my opinion was talking about nutrition but alright.

also you may lift more when arching your back but wont get your regular benchpress to same level.

The excessive arch originated as a way to manipulate the rules, which in powerlifting state that the upper back and butt must be on the bench at all times.

The rules don't say anything specifically about the lower back touching the bench, which makes sense. Given the natural curve of the spine and the fact that people have glutes – powerlifters often more than their fair share – a lifter's lower back won't touch the bench unless he lifts his feet off the ground.

In short, it wasn't technically illegal to use a big arch. Since people like to win, the powerlifting big arch was born.

Now if one is competing in a powerlifting competition and the goal is to bench as much as possible, then by all means, arch away. But I still don't believe you should train with an arch very often; just enough to be comfortable with it come competition day.

And if that isn't you – if you're just an ordinary gym rat looking to get bigger and stronger – then lose the goal of replicating the St. Louis Arch with your spine.

first off, this position puts much more pressure on the lower back. When the spine is in extreme extension, the discs and nerves are at a greater risk of injury.

Granted, the spine isn't loaded in the traditional sense during a bench press as it is during a squat, but there's still a lot of weight coming down, and assuming the legs are also driving up, some of these forces will meet in the spine.

Don't believe me? Have someone with a hurt back try to excessively arch while benching – their back pain flares up almost immediately.

Arching the back decreases the range of motion, thereby making the exercise easier and allowing a lifter to lift more weight. The downside is the muscles aren't challenged through their full ROM, so the muscle building potential is diminished.

right im just smoking bad drugs... lol

You know very little comared to most because u just regurgitate any article on the internet regardless of credibility.

E/ the line about getting someone with an injured back to arch = pain is stupid AF.

Hey next time u tear a bicep try a barbell bicep curl your bicep pain will flare up because barbell bicep curls are bad for your biceps. Fuck sakes man use common sense

This post was edited by turtol on Dec 14 2015 09:10am
Dec 14 2015 09:09am
E/ dBm post

This post was edited by turtol on Dec 14 2015 09:11am
Dec 14 2015 09:11am
Quote (turtol @ Dec 14 2015 11:09am)
You know very little comared to most because u just regurgitate any article on the internet regardless of credibility.

i admire your gains but some of things you say doesnt reflect me at all and you should stop being so cocky as you prob know alot less than me on certain things related. i dont put you down sir. these are fact i was training before u even touched a weight lad.

also no need to double post ty

im glad youre doing well and progress well but saying i know jackshit without even knowing what i know and my backround is very immature ty. just because you might know alot doesnt give you the right to tell me what i know have a nice day

This post was edited by serialj0e on Dec 14 2015 09:31am
Dec 14 2015 09:55am
Quote (serialj0e @ Dec 14 2015 08:11am)
i admire your gains but some of things you say doesnt reflect me at all and you should stop being so cocky as you prob know alot less than me on certain things related. i dont put you down sir. these are fact i was training before u even touched a weight lad.

also no need to double post ty

im glad youre doing well and progress well but saying i know jackshit without even knowing what i know and my backround is very immature ty. just because you might know alot doesnt give you the right to tell me what i know have a nice day

I know very little, but I know more than you because common sense.
Dec 14 2015 10:00am
Quote (turtol @ Dec 14 2015 11:55am)
I know very little, but I know more than you because common sense.

i think if i spoke in my native tongue might make more sense.you assumed too much lad

This post was edited by serialj0e on Dec 14 2015 10:00am
Gold: 8,743.00
Dec 14 2015 10:56am
For people that don't even bench 4 plates for reps you guys talk like you know alot about benching...
Gold: 1.81
Dec 14 2015 11:01am
Quote (yostraydog @ Dec 14 2015 11:56am)
For people that don't even bench 4 plates for reps you guys talk like you know alot about benching...

For someone pretending to be strong on the Internet... You talk like you know a lot about lifting.

This post was edited by Orakpo on Dec 14 2015 11:01am
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1204120422043204420452268Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll