d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Need Some Guidance/info
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 714.57
Nov 16 2010 08:34pm
Quote (ReinNoSekai @ Nov 16 2010 10:28pm)
what if I was able to stick to it and keep going though? would it be a problem? I'm very determined and it's not like I'm a weakling or anything, I'm a hard worker too.

Well, for awhile I was running ~5 miles a day and doing full body every other day (3 times a week, 2 off on the weekend) it honestly wasn't overly difficult, but I didn't start overweight, I started underweight (skinnyfat) with a lot of previous cardio/endurance. I'm definitely not the best person around here to be giving you advice though, just saying.. don't bite off more than you can chew.

This post was edited by Mitchymo on Nov 16 2010 08:34pm
Gold: 11.11
Warn: 40%
Nov 16 2010 08:36pm
Quote (Mitchymo @ Nov 16 2010 09:34pm)
Well, for awhile I was running ~5 miles a day and doing full body every other day (3 times a week, 2 off on the weekend) it honestly wasn't overly difficult, but I didn't start overweight, I started underweight (skinnyfat) with a lot of previous cardio/endurance. I'm definitely not the best person around here to be giving you advice though, just saying.. don't bite off more than you can chew.

fair enough. thanks for your input, I'll keep that in mind.
Gold: 1,310.23
Nov 16 2010 08:39pm
Quote (ReinNoSekai @ Nov 16 2010 09:28pm)
what if I was able to stick to it and keep going though? would it be a problem? I'm very determined and it's not like I'm a weakling or anything, I'm a hard worker too.

rest,rest,rest,rest

1st off it can lead to OVERTRAINING, many ppl think if they lift longer its always better, this is not the case. your musles grow while resting.

i would workout NO LONGER THAN 1HOUR 30MIN, you should work ur ass in this time so therefor you dont need to lift/run again until the following day.
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Nov 16 2010 08:42pm
Quote (TheOak @ Nov 16 2010 07:12pm)
i would like to point out to YOU that he is also 6'4

i am 5'9 and i weigh 190lbs, and im deff not fat.

OP

i would advise u to go to SkyRaynors thread at the top of this forum, he gives free advice (jst copy and paist ur original post)

but here is what i think

you goals are kinda mixed together... to get "stronger" you need to lift heavy, remember anything can be used as weights.

( i flip a 500lb tire for one of my workouts :P )

trees,logs, anything you can find.

now to "tone" has more to do with diet, you should be eating frequently ( roughly every 3 hours )

you need proteins ( meats,chicken,fish,tuna, etc )
and eat lots of veggies 2.

your meals should be smaller since ur eating more frequently.

edit

i see someone else already directed you torwards that thread ^_^

ya i saw the 6'4 after i wrote my post and was too lazy to edit
>start reading
>see that line
>see 200 lbs right after
>add reply
Nov 16 2010 08:43pm
Quote (TheOak @ Nov 16 2010 09:39pm)
rest,rest,rest,rest

1st off it can lead to OVERTRAINING, many ppl think if they lift longer its always better, this is not the case. your musles grow while resting.

i would workout NO LONGER THAN 1HOUR 30MIN, you should work ur ass in this time so therefor you dont need to lift/run again until the following day.

I see. I didn't know that. so as important as it is to work out, diet properly, etc. it's also important to get my rest in for those purposes among a few others. so, I should work out 1hr30min per day, give or take, all at once or in intervals? any specific time of the day or just whenever is convenient? the morning is very good for me, but I have a lot of spare time as is anyway, so I could workout whenever. work out my ass means, running and using my stationary bicycle? or sitting down and relaxing?
Gold: 1,310.23
Nov 16 2010 09:04pm
Quote (ReinNoSekai @ Nov 16 2010 09:43pm)
I see. I didn't know that. so as important as it is to work out, diet properly, etc. it's also important to get my rest in for those purposes among a few others. so, I should work out 1hr30min per day, give or take, all at once or in intervals? any specific time of the day or just whenever is convenient? the morning is very good for me, but I have a lot of spare time as is anyway, so I could workout whenever. work out my ass means, running and using my stationary bicycle? or sitting down and relaxing?

time doesnt rlly matter, like i said you could do ur running in the morning and this is where intervals can come into play... its called High intensity interval training.

you could jog for 45 seconds then spring for 15 then jog again for 45 then spring for 15 etc and just repeat until you get to around 30min of cardio.

and then you could train weights later in the afternoon.

OR

another option is you can workout in w/e u like and then when ur done with weight training go do cardio right after.

and as for the "ass" remark, lmao i ment work ur "ass off" in other words train hard! make sure ur keeping ur workout INTENSE!
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Nov 16 2010 09:11pm
Quote (TheOak @ Nov 16 2010 08:04pm)
time doesnt rlly matter, like i said you could do ur running in the morning and this is where intervals can come into play... its called High intensity interval training.

you could jog for 45 seconds then spring for 15 then jog again for 45 then spring for 15 etc and just repeat until you get to around 30min of cardio.

OR

another option is you can workout in w/e u like and then when ur done with weight training go do cardio right after.

and as for the "ass" remark, lmao i ment work ur "ass off" in other words train hard! make sure ur keeping ur workout INTENSE!

time of training does kind of matter,

early morning = higher testosterone
afternoon = balance between the two
evening = higher energy
Nov 16 2010 09:22pm
Quote (TheOak @ Nov 16 2010 10:04pm)

OR

Quote (Vi[R]aL @ Nov 16 2010 10:11pm)

evening = higher energy

thanks guys, I'll keep this info in mind.
Nov 20 2010 06:03am
things have been going well for me so far. today I think will be my first day of rest. been doing well, fatigue has been less of a problem, my body's just getting in to the groove of things and it feels good.
Gold: 1.00
Nov 20 2010 02:00pm
Quote (Vi[R]aL @ Nov 17 2010 01:45am)
would like to point out to op that "I'm not obese or anything, but I don't have a flat stomach or six pack" @ 200 lbs pretty much means you are obese/fat.

Im 5'10" and weigh ~190. I would slap you silly and choke you out with your own arm if you called me obese.

Quote (ReinNoSekai @ Nov 20 2010 12:03pm)
things have been going well for me so far. today I think will be my first day of rest. been doing well, fatigue has been less of a problem, my body's just getting in to the groove of things and it feels good.

keep it up man, dont expect results over night dude.

Quote (Vi[R]aL @ Nov 17 2010 03:11am)

evening = higher energy

yes, but you burn way more fat first thing in the AM.

This post was edited by linuxpenguin on Nov 20 2010 02:01pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll