d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11961971981992002039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.01
Aug 24 2009 04:26pm
Quote (Nitro @ Mon, Aug 24 2009, 11:29am)
but do i burn fat if i remain in the 140-175 heart rate range?

heart rate numbers are more for when you are doing HIIT where you make your heart work hard for a burst and then let it recover, then burst and recover again, almost like doing reps on weights for your heart to get stronger
but for burning fat that is based on calories burned+calories in+macros/vitamens so do what you can to burn the most calories imo if you are trying to lose some weight but dont burn like 1k calories on cardio a day and then only eat 1.5k calories that=bad
Aug 24 2009 07:37pm
I've been going to the gym for the past 2 months cause I am tired of being a skinny mother fucker. I've been just alternating upper body and lower body every day with cardio in both. Should I keep that up or add rest days?
Aug 24 2009 07:43pm
Quote (Kcow @ Mon, Aug 24 2009, 07:37pm)
I've been going to the gym for the past 2 months cause I am tired of being a skinny mother fucker. I've been just alternating upper body and lower body every day with cardio in both. Should I keep that up or add rest days?

look at the splits sticky, you need to be doing one of those, as well as buying some whey protein, as well as eating around 3k calories a day and 1.5g protein per lb and some goos complex carbs(lots of wheat and veggies).
That is just my advice.
but deffinitely stop doing upperbody and lowerbody on a 2 day split and doing cardio everyday, you burning too many calories aka going to get skinnier.
Aug 24 2009 07:51pm
Fffuckkk. Alright, I tried to stick to splits before but I always ended up fucking up but I will try it out this week.
Gold: 120.00
Aug 24 2009 08:07pm
Quote (bones0187 @ Mon, Aug 24 2009, 08:43pm)
look at the splits sticky, you need to be doing one of those, as well as buying some whey protein, as well as eating around 3k calories a day and 1.5g protein per lb and some goos complex carbs(lots of wheat and veggies).
That is just my advice.
but deffinitely stop doing upperbody and lowerbody on a 2 day split and doing cardio everyday, you burning too many calories aka going to get skinnier.

Whey is not necessary and he didn't say how much he weighs so just saying 3k calories isn't a smart blanket statement.
Gold: 31.01
Aug 24 2009 09:40pm
Quote (bones0187 @ Mon, Aug 24 2009, 08:43pm)
That is just my advice.

hijacking is not allowed
Aug 24 2009 10:21pm
Quote (Osirislives @ Mon, Aug 24 2009, 09:40pm)
hijacking is not allowed

dood skc is dealing with personal shit and has been gone for like a week now just trying to give him some advice until he gets back so he isnt stuck doing the same thing
Gold: 129.13
Aug 24 2009 11:40pm
GJ man. I can see the dedication and hard work you put in into building this body.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 355.06
Trader: Trusted
Aug 25 2009 12:48pm
Raynor can cover these again if he wants.
Quote (bones0187 @ Wed, Aug 19 2009, 06:52pm)
Ok mr professional i got a couple questions for you if you dont mind, if you read this 7deadly curious to hear your input too

1)
What is your view on full body splits, I am having a couple issues with mine but it is too early to tell if I am getting bigger from the split or from the creatine i been eating/eating more food lately
right now what I am doing is MWF split with 2x10 per exercise, about 2 exercises per muscle group, doing a different set of exercises one day from the other so M and F will be the same stuff repeated, and W and the next M will be the same stuff repeated
and then on TTSatruday I do HIIT cardio  and hit the muscle groups i didnt hit strait during the week(forearms, rotater cup/shoulder, abs, obliques)
I just came from doing a whole year strait non stop with maybe 2 weeks off the whole year of doing a 4-5 day split non-full body doing 1-2 muscle groups a day  started out doing 8-12 reps for a few months, then 5-10, then 5x5 and wanted to do full body to switch it up for hypertrophy
But I am curious what you think of my routine and if you think full body might be overworking my muscles, and I may see more benefits from doing a split, also I am going to take a cycle of PH's soon I am pretty sure so would like to do something that would go good with those, right now I am way too strong for my size and just want to worry about hypertrophy and dont care about losing a little strength( i see guys much bigger then me all the time doing less weight they normally laugh when i grab 100 dumbells for bench and then when i actually do 8x they look pissed)

2)
Just looking to see what your view is on pro-hormones, like what brand you think is good to take(if any), if you think the negatives>positives when taken right(correct dosage+milk thistle+correct diet+routine), if you think they are just a waste of time and you lose the gains too easily etc...

sorry if you answered any of this already but i spent a bit looking and couldnt find

1) Full body splits are not bad..depends on how you have it set up..compound movements only.
2) you arent ready for a PH..you have alot of natural potential left. Diet is most important if you want to gain.
The side effects of PHs are unknown, but they're being illegal soon, they're infact REAL STEROIDS, not OTC stuff, dont think they're pussy stuff.

Quote (killa911 @ Fri, Aug 21 2009, 08:53pm)
Question.. Does it really matter if I take a protein shake before bed, people say it is better but by how much.. or can i take it once i wake up in the morning then once again later on, would there be a significant difference if i took it before bed or will it really wont matter how i consume it

The reason behind taking protein before bed is b/c you're going to sleep for 7-9 hours, and be in a cantabolic state..AKA bad..you generally want a slow digesting protein, such as casein.
But yea, before bed would make a difference, say 11 hours w/o food, or 9? Which do you think is better?

Quote (Kcow @ Mon, Aug 24 2009, 09:37pm)

2 Months is nothing, weight lifting is a marathron, not a sprint, it takes TIME to get gains. You need to be constant, but if for some reason you arent getting stronger, or gained any weight, your diet is what's holding you back.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 25 2009 02:50pm
Quote (7_Deadly_Sins @ Tue, Aug 25 2009, 06:48pm)
2 Months is nothing, weight lifting is a marathron, not a sprint, it takes TIME to get gains. You need to be constant, but if for some reason you arent getting stronger, or gained any weight, your diet is what's holding you back.

oh just diet right?

it could be diet, it could be ur not lifting hard. your lifting weights u feel comfortable with. you need to be uncomfortable with what your lifting and push urself to failure to see gains. you might not be gettin enough sleep. lack of SLEEP WILL CAUSE U TO WEAKEN OR NOT GET STRONGER FACT.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11961971981992002039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll