d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11831841851861872039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.07
Aug 12 2009 11:03am

Accessin jsp thru blackberry

Okay I'm in the store now , and the good news is that they do have ON gold standard whey protein isolate 100% and they have twinlab bcaa.. Shud I pick it up?
Gold: 0.01
Aug 12 2009 12:08pm
Quote (Nitro @ Wed, Aug 12 2009, 11:03am)
Accessin jsp thru blackberry

Okay I'm in the store now , and the good news is that they do have ON gold standard whey protein isolate 100% and they have twinlab bcaa.. Shud I pick it up?

if it is cheaper than 40$ for a 5lb bag or equivalent $ per lb(8$ per lb) then sure, otherwise bodybuilding.com is cheaper
Gold: 120.00
Aug 12 2009 12:11pm
Quote (bones0187 @ Wed, Aug 12 2009, 01:08pm)
if it is cheaper than 40$ for a 5lb bag or equivalent $ per lb(8$ per lb) then sure, otherwise bodybuilding.com is cheaper

he lives in Dubai.
If you're going to stick your nose into everything, then at least pay attention.
Gold: 250.07
Aug 12 2009 12:15pm
Quote (bones0187 @ Wed, Aug 12 2009, 10:08pm)

5 lb box , they also had a huge ass bag.. i didnt see the Retail price on that , i picked up the box.. is for 315 dhs - since i get 25% discount so i paid 236.25 which is 64 us dollars.. i ordered a caliper from body building . com.. damn.... even if i ordered with urgent shipping it wud be cheaper!

ill go refund this tmrw :D - refunds allowed within 14 days!
Gold: 0.01
Aug 12 2009 12:18pm
Quote (Boxa @ Wed, Aug 12 2009, 12:11pm)
he lives in Dubai.
If you're going to stick your nose into everything, then at least pay attention.

lol wat?

first sorry i dont keep track of where everyon on h and f forums lives creeper?

second where he lives has NOTHING to do with what i said, the internet is global, as is shipping, and im sure he would equate shipping cost into the 40$ as i assume he isnt retarded, and he could differentiate the price for himself between the shop and bb.com

you attempt to call me an idiot has once again failed
Gold: 6.66
Aug 12 2009 01:00pm
Quote (7_Deadly_Sins @ Wed, 12 Aug 2009, 01:29)
You're using to much weight...you aren't going low enough and you're leaning foward to much..drop the weight down..and get your form correct...you need to go atleast 90 degrees, if not ass to grass.

not wanting to be an ass but thats the dumbest thing i ever heard. you will damage yourself if you go over 90°

and no. i am not using too much weight. that was a tri-contest. bench, backlift, squat (hope the words are right in english). ofc i had to go high weight.

and yet you need to lean forward to not drop backwards with huge weights... shoudnt have posted here. people know less than me lol.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 12 2009 01:20pm
Quote (K_e_v @ Wed, Aug 12 2009, 07:00pm)
not wanting to be an ass but thats the dumbest thing i ever heard. you will damage yourself if you go over 90°

and no. i am not using too much weight. that was a tri-contest. bench, backlift, squat (hope the words are right in english). ofc i had to go high weight.

and yet you need to lean forward to not drop backwards with huge weights... shoudnt have posted here. people know less than me lol.

not wanting to be an ass but thats the dumbest thing I ever heard.
Go deep.
You were using to musch weight.
You were SO bended forward, you probably did a good morning to come up.
You more than likely have poor mobility.

**If it was a contest and that you simply had to go that shallow, then I guess it is not your fault.

I will let SKCRaynor address this, but here's Bill Starr (an idiot probably to your eyes) comment :

There are several schools of thought on squat depth. Many misinformed individuals caution against squatting below parallel, stating that this is hazardous to the knees. Nothing could be further from the truth. (2) Stopping at or above parallel places direct stress on the knees, whereas a deep squat will transfer the load to the hips,(3) which are capable of handling a greater amount of force than the knees should ever be exposed to. Studies have shown that the squat produces lower peak tibeo-femoral(stress at the knee joint) compressive force than both the leg press and the leg extension.(4) For functional strength, one should descend as deeply as possible, and under control. (yes, certain individuals can squat in a ballistic manner, but they are the exception rather than the rule). The further a lifter descends, the more the hamstrings are recruited, and proper squatting displays nearly twice the hamstring involvement of the leg press or leg extension. (5,6) and as one of the functions of the hamstring is to protect the patella tendon (the primary tendon involved in knee extension) during knee extension through a concurrent firing process, the greatest degree of hamstring recruitment should provide the greatest degree of protection to the knee joint. (7) When one is a powerlifter, the top surface of the legs at the hip joint must descend to a point below the top surface of the legs at the knee joint.

Knee injuries are one of the most commonly stated problems that come from squatting, however, this is usually stated by those who do not know how to squat. A properly performed squat will appropriately load the knee joint, which improves congruity by increasing the compressive forces at the knee joint. (8,(9) which improves stability, protecting the knee against shear forces. As part of a long-term exercise program, the squat, like other exercises, will lead to increased collagen turnover and hypertrophy of ligaments. (10,11) At least one study has shown that international caliber weightlifters and powerlifters experience less clinical or symptomatic arthritis. (12) Other critics of the squat have stated that it decreases the stability of the knees, yet nothing could be further from the truth. Studies have shown that the squat will increase knee stability by reducing joint laxity, as well as decrease anterior-posterior laxity and translation. (13,14) The squat is, in fact, being used as a rehabilitation exercise for many types of knee injuries, including ACL repair. (15)

One of the most, if not the most critical factor in squatting is spinal position. It is incredibly important not to round the back. This can lead to problems with the lower back, and upper back as well. The back should be arched, and the scae retracted, to avoid injury. This position must be maintained throughout the entire lift, as rounding on the way up is even more common than rounding on the way down, and people who make this mistake are the ones who perpetuate the “squats are bad for your back” myth. Furthermore, spinal position is essential to maintaining a proper combined center of gravity (CCOG). The farther one leans forward or, even worse, rounds the back, the more strain the erectors are forced to bear, and the less the abdominals can contribute to the lift. To say nothing of the fact that the greater the lean, the greater the shearing force placed on the vertebrae. Proper spinal alignment will assist in ensuring that the majority of the force the spine must bear is compressive in nature, as it should be. Another reason for descending below parallel is that the sacrum undergoes a process known as nutation (it tilts forward, relative to the two ilia on either side of it). At only 90 degrees of knee flexion, the sacrum is still tilted backward, which inhibits proper firing of the erectors and gluteus maximus and minimus. Going through a full range of motion completes the rotation of the sacrum and allows maximal muscular recruitment.

Source/links to sources : http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/weight-training-weight-lifting/bill-starrs-5-x-5-program-variation-per-madcow2-thanx-so-here-k-up-now-375215-83.html#post5124176

This post was edited by Urbain on Aug 12 2009 01:22pm
Aug 12 2009 01:26pm
Quote (Urbain @ Wed, 12 Aug 2009, 21:20)
bla bla

so you say my ass should touch the ground and thats healthy?
Gold: 31.01
Aug 12 2009 01:27pm
Quote (K_e_v @ Wed, Aug 12 2009, 02:26pm)
so you say my ass should touch the ground and thats healthy?

you should squat as far down as possible, not everybody can go to the ground

This post was edited by Osirislives on Aug 12 2009 01:27pm
Aug 12 2009 01:28pm
Quote (Osirislives @ Wed, 12 Aug 2009, 21:27)
you should squat as far down as possible, not everybody can go to the ground

sounds healthy for the knees indeed. maybe hawkings did that b4 he used the chair to move.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11831841851861872039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll