d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11821831841851862039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 748.53
Aug 11 2009 09:00pm
Mon - Back/Tris
Tues - Chest/Bis/Abs
Weds - Legs/Shoulders
Thurs - OFF
Fri - Chest/Back/Abs
Sat - Arms/Legs/Shoulders
Sunday - OFF

for this split, since it's working each muscle twice a week how many sets should i use for each body part a day? normally on a once a week body part split i'd do like 12 sets total for small muscle groups and about 16-20 sets for big muscle groups, but i was thinking it'd be different since it's hitting em all twice a week...
goal: mass ofc
:)
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Aug 11 2009 10:50pm
Quote (Balla @ Tue, Aug 11 2009, 11:00pm)
Mon - Back/Tris
Tues - Chest/Bis/Abs
Weds - Legs/Shoulders
Thurs - OFF
Fri - Chest/Back/Abs
Sat - Arms/Legs/Shoulders
Sunday - OFF

for this split, since it's working each muscle twice a week how many sets should i use for each body part a day? normally on a once a week body part split i'd do like 12 sets total for small muscle groups and about 16-20 sets for big muscle groups, but i was thinking it'd be different since it's hitting em all twice a week...
goal: mass ofc
:)

You should be doing between 20-25 sets per day TOTAL. So on a 2 muscle group day, do 10 of each with one or two sets extra of the weaker muscle group. On a triple muscle group day do 8 sets of each - with one or two extra sets of the weaker muscle group.
Aug 11 2009 10:54pm
Quote (Nitro @ Tue, Aug 11 2009, 02:43pm)
yeah the cross trainer is just like that , im mostly using my leg muscles and also my back and arms.. i did lower body the other day and my ass started to hurt like hell... it was my 1st time with a trainer in the gym , he made me do the leg machine instead of the quad machine... while pushing the plates forward i used all my strength.... now my ass is sore :D

Question: if i do cardio on this machine (every alternate day of the week except free day) - i won't be overtraining my muscles right? because it says total body...

i think im buyin one of these cross trainers for home too , getting a good deal with the massage chair..

I cant run , when i run something happens to me.... i weigh too much i guess , so i use this for now until i lose like 20 kgs..

I plan to start supplementing with creatine ,hmb and glutamine ,CLA, i also want to start with a good fat burner , which ones are good? and how often should i take them? The directions on the label are not very clear..

That cardio equip is fine to do frequently...you will NOT overtrain ;-)

I would recommend a cross trainer like that one over running any day. Running is very hard on the legs (particularly the knees and feet) and can actually cause damage to your body. Cross trainers, elipticals, stationary bikes, stair steppers, and gliders are all better choices for pure fat loss and minor muscle stimulation.

as for supplements....those are all good but I will recommend the brands/types....for creatine get Optimum micronized creatine monohydrate, get SciFit HMB capsules, and for glutamine get Optimum or NOW! 100% L-Glutamine powder. Try NOW! CLA. As for a fat burner...I recommend the following three to choose from: GAT Jet Fuel, Nutrex Lipo 6, and BSN Atrophex.
Gold: 250.07
Aug 12 2009 12:32am

Thanks Raynor!! I love the cross trainer even more now , every week I increase the intensity as my stamina and strength goes up..
Regarding the supplements I have in stock:

CLA
Betagen
Muscle armor
Thermodynamx
Nutrex lipo 6 Black (underground)

How shud I supplement with these?

I just got my body composition from inbody 550 , within a day I gained 10 percent body fat?? The machine must be broken right? I should measure body fat with calipers.. ?

Since a month I've been havin half cup of cooked boiled long grain brown rice, 3 times a day, but when I went for my food intolerance test, it says I have a major intolerance to yeast and mild intolerance to rice..
Shud I start havin 100 gram potato as my carb now instead of rice?

This post was edited by Nitro on Aug 12 2009 12:55am
Aug 12 2009 01:10am
Quote (Nitro @ Wed, Aug 12 2009, 02:32am)
Thanks Raynor!! I love the cross trainer even more now , every week I increase the intensity as my stamina and strength goes up..
Regarding the supplements I have in stock:

CLA
Betagen
Muscle armor
Thermodynamx
Nutrex lipo 6 Black (underground)

How shud I supplement with these?

I just got my body composition from inbody 550 , within a day I gained 10 percent body fat?? The machine must be broken right? I should measure body fat with calipers.. ?

Since a month I've been havin half cup of cooked boiled long grain brown rice, 3 times a day, but when I went for my food intolerance test, it says I have a major intolerance to yeast and mild intolerance to rice..
Shud I start havin 100 gram potato as my carb now instead of rice?

follow all directions with those supplements. take the lipo 6 in the morning and before a workout, take the CLA 2x a day one morning one night. take the others as recommended by the label.

as for the body fat....yes....only use calipers...its much more efficient than electronic.

sweet potato would be MUCH better than rice or regular potato.
Aug 12 2009 02:33am

Ah yes, I'm goin to have to choose low glycemic carbs so its slow release and all day energy right?
I'm goin through all this because of what I did 3 years ago man..
2005 jan - weight 120 kgs
2006 jan - weight 60 kgs..
Lost 60 kgs without exercise , and all I did was atkins, I regret it so much... I lost all my muscle....
When I stopped atkins and ate 1 slice of bread I shot back upto 90 kgs... And then 100..
Started training frm july 4th 2009 with the body for life , and today I weigh 92 kgs.. Lost lot of fat and gained muscle because of my 6 small meals a day..
Out of which 3 are myoplex original..

I want to introduce healthy fats in my body too but I'm afraid so I use the 'I can't believe its not butter spray' while cookin the food, since a month I've been havin brown rice half cup, 120 grams chicken breast and 100 grams okra for my 3 meals..

I'm tired of eatin chicken..... May be if I change my protein I might eat happier...
Aug 12 2009 10:11am
Quote (Nitro @ Wed, Aug 12 2009, 04:33am)
Ah yes, I'm goin to have to choose low glycemic carbs so its slow release and all day energy right?
I'm goin through all this because of what I did 3 years ago man..
2005 jan - weight 120 kgs
2006 jan - weight 60 kgs..
Lost 60 kgs without exercise , and all I did was atkins, I regret it so much... I lost all my muscle....
When I stopped atkins and ate 1 slice of bread I shot back upto 90 kgs... And then 100..
Started training frm july 4th 2009 with the body for life , and today I weigh 92 kgs.. Lost lot of fat and gained muscle because of my 6 small meals a day..
Out of which 3 are myoplex original..

I want to introduce healthy fats in my body too but I'm afraid so I use the 'I can't believe its not butter spray' while cookin the food, since a month I've been havin brown rice half cup, 120 grams chicken breast and 100 grams okra for my 3 meals..

I'm tired of eatin chicken..... May be if I change my protein I might eat happier...

choose from the following for the first 3 meals of the day

1 lean meat - chicken, turkey, tuna, eggs, fish, lean beef, lean lamb, or protein shake

1 complex carb - brown rice, sweet potato, whole grain pasta, oatmeal, cream of wheat (farina), whole grain bread/cereal

1 veggie or fruit - any vegetable except for regular potato, corn, or peas. OR 1 serving of any fruit (not dried or cooked).

for the next 3 meals of the day choose from the following:

1 lean meat - chicken, turkey, tuna, eggs, fish, lean beef, lean lamb, or protein shake

2 veggies - any vegetable except for regular potato, corn, or peas.

For good fats, you need to be eating the following: Olive oil, avocado, eggs (whole eggs because the good fat is in the yolk), omega 3-6-9 supplements, or fatty fish.

remember, 6 meals a day spread out into small portions is the best way to go.
Aug 12 2009 10:27am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Wed, Aug 12 2009, 08:11pm)
choose from the following for the first 3 meals of the day

1 complex carb - brown rice, sweet potato, whole grain pasta, oatmeal, cream of wheat (farina), whole grain bread/cereal

1 veggie or fruit - any vegetable except for regular potato, corn, or peas. OR 1 serving of any fruit (not dried or cooked).

for the next 3 meals of the day choose from the following:

2 veggies - any vegetable except for regular potato, corn, or peas.

For good fats, you need to be eating the following: Olive oil, avocado, eggs (whole eggs because the good fat is in the yolk), omega 3-6-9 supplements, or fatty fish.

remember, 6 meals a day spread out into small portions is the best way to go.

Thanks mate!
any idea how much of good fat do i need per day?
Aug 12 2009 10:48am
Quote (Nitro @ Wed, Aug 12 2009, 12:27pm)
Thanks mate!
any idea how much of good fat do i need per day?

approx 70g
Gold: 0.00
Aug 12 2009 10:50am
Nice guide I would probably start doing this if I wasnt a lazy fuck
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11821831841851862039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll