d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1179617971798179918002039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jun 4 2014 07:01am
Quote (illyria @ Jun 3 2014 03:43pm)
For the last two or three weeks I have been getting headaches whenever I eat meat or processed food..

In order of severity -
Three pieces of bacon a small throbbing headache
A chicken breast gave me a small throbbing headache
A single hotdog gave me an aching headache (Almost on par with the burger headache).
Burger patty gave me a splitting headache
Rueben sandwich gave me a splitting headache
15-20 pieces of pepperoni gave me a splitting headache
Two hotdogs gave me a splitting headache
Two frozen bean and cheese burritos gave me a massive splitting headache

The headache is always right in my temples with the pain beating to my pulse.

E -
Oh, and my eyes become sore as well, specifically the upper half of them.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks.

It sounds like you have very sensitive to Tyramine, which is a substance that occurs in processed and fermented meats. Hot dogs, sausage, pepperoni, bacon, etc. are all extremely high in tyramine.

Chicken breast, should be VERY low in tyramine.

Excessive sodium can also exacerbate the problem. Everything you posted, with exception of the chicken, is also very high in sodium.

In order to fix the problem, let's first start by cleaning up your diet.

Do not eat ANY meats, other than chicken breast (100% natural chicken breast, that you cook either broiled/grilled/baked, without salt) and whey protein shakes, for 1 week.
Make sure to drink at LEAST 1 gallon of water per day (actual water, not coffee/tea/juice/etc).
Make sure to keep your intake of raw veggies and fruits high.
Eat natural complex carbs like sweet potatoes, whole grain pasta, and quinoa.
Avoid caffeine, including coffee, tea, and especially soda.
Reduce or eliminate sugar intake (except from fruits).

Get back to me and let me know if the problem improves with these changes. You really need to get away from those heavily processed meats.
Jun 4 2014 07:01am
Quote (tidus_ffx2 @ Jun 4 2014 01:30am)
Is there anything wrong with pre mixing a bunch of protein with milk or water? Ie I hate mixing a shake every day so I want to pre mix a weeks worth with milk ahead of time and just pour some out when I want to drink it

That is fine. Just make sure to shake it up or stir it up before drinking to combat the settling.

I wouldn't do more than a weeks worth in advance though.
Gold: 71.02
Jun 4 2014 08:22am
Hey man, I've come here a few times over the past 5-6 or so years and always gotten great advice from you. I'm amazed you're still doing this - best thread on jsp no doubt.

So I got back into it about a year ago, and for the past 8 weeks I've been doing your 5 day hypertrophy split (http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=352563664#p352563664). I really like it, but my problem is that it takes me about 1.5 hours to complete. That leaves me no time for cardio, as I just don't have time to spend 2+ hours in the gym every day; too many irl obligations.

I wasn't worried about it, but now that it's summer I'm super pleased with the strength and size I've added, but I wish I had found time to squeeze in more cardio. Chest/shoulds/arms/legs look great, but I've still got just enough fat around my stomach and lower back to keep abs from showing.

My diet is really good on the weekdays, but a little less awesome on the weekends. That's just the only way I can sustain for long periods of time.

So my question is do you have a split that is similar to the one linked above that could be done a little more quickly to allow for cardio time at the end?
I also considered a 3 day split with two days of cardio, but I kind of like the method of lifting every weekday.
Jun 4 2014 12:31pm
Quote (hoodang329 @ Jun 4 2014 10:22am)
Hey man, I've come here a few times over the past 5-6 or so years and always gotten great advice from you. I'm amazed you're still doing this - best thread on jsp no doubt.

So I got back into it about a year ago, and for the past 8 weeks I've been doing your 5 day hypertrophy split (http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=352563664#p352563664). I really like it, but my problem is that it takes me about 1.5 hours to complete. That leaves me no time for cardio, as I just don't have time to spend 2+ hours in the gym every day; too many irl obligations.

I wasn't worried about it, but now that it's summer I'm super pleased with the strength and size I've added, but I wish I had found time to squeeze in more cardio. Chest/shoulds/arms/legs look great, but I've still got just enough fat around my stomach and lower back to keep abs from showing.

My diet is really good on the weekdays, but a little less awesome on the weekends. That's just the only way I can sustain for long periods of time.

So my question is do you have a split that is similar to the one linked above that could be done a little more quickly to allow for cardio time at the end?
I also considered a 3 day split with two days of cardio, but I kind of like the method of lifting every weekday.

Hey there.

If your primary goal at this point is to lose some body fat, you would benefit greatly from making some of the following changes (if possible)

1. Do fasted cardio first thing in the morning upon waking up (30 minutes of HIIT would be superior). Then wait at least 15 minutes (good time to shower) and then eat your first meal
2. Decrease carb intake (lower your carb intake by around 50g per day, preferably removing sugar all together)
3. Continue the regular workout routine, but keep it separate from the cardio session
4. Increase the tempo of the workout routine (fewer breaks, less rest between sets, even lighter weight if you have to - but keep the heart-rate up for optimal caloric burn)

Let me know if that would work for you. I can make other modifications to the actual plan if necessary.
Gold: 71.02
Jun 4 2014 02:33pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jun 4 2014 01:31pm)
Hey there.

If your primary goal at this point is to lose some body fat, you would benefit greatly from making some of the following changes (if possible)

1. Do fasted cardio first thing in the morning upon waking up (30 minutes of HIIT would be superior). Then wait at least 15 minutes (good time to shower) and then eat your first meal
2. Decrease carb intake (lower your carb intake by around 50g per day, preferably removing sugar all together)
3. Continue the regular workout routine, but keep it separate from the cardio session
4. Increase the tempo of the workout routine (fewer breaks, less rest between sets, even lighter weight if you have to - but keep the heart-rate up for optimal caloric burn)

Let me know if that would work for you. I can make other modifications to the actual plan if necessary.

I'll give it a shot for a while. Morning cardio should be easy to work in.

Also considered going no carbs at all after 3 or 4pm - will that leave me too depleted in the morning if I'm doing HIIT fasted and haven't had any carbs in like 15 hours?
I have loads of BCAAs bc amazon screwed up and sent me 3 tubs by accident and never asked for them back, so that should help a little ;)

This post was edited by hoodang329 on Jun 4 2014 02:36pm
Jun 4 2014 03:31pm
Quote (hoodang329 @ Jun 4 2014 04:33pm)
I'll give it a shot for a while. Morning cardio should be easy to work in.

Also considered going no carbs at all after 3 or 4pm - will that leave me too depleted in the morning if I'm doing HIIT fasted and haven't had any carbs in like 15 hours?
I have loads of BCAAs bc amazon screwed up and sent me 3 tubs by accident and never asked for them back, so that should help a little  ;)

That would work just fine. Give it a shot, and let's see how it goes.
Gold: 10,445.00
Jun 4 2014 07:54pm
hey whats you opinion on zero calorie diet soda?
so many fitness channel people drink it, and most of them are IIFYM followers, they eat lots of sugar and sodium but are in great shape
Jun 4 2014 09:31pm
Quote (Hboy @ Jun 4 2014 09:54pm)
hey whats you opinion on zero calorie diet soda?
so many fitness channel people drink it, and most of them are IIFYM followers, they eat lots of sugar and sodium but are in great shape

The only diet soda that I advocate is stevia based, such as Zevia or Honest Fizz. Other diet sodas contain aspartame or sucuralose, both of which have negative long term effects on health.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 5 2014 01:51am
What's the difference in doing cardio in the morning before eating vs cardio with my workout in the afternoon?
Gold: 75.50
Jun 5 2014 03:25am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 26 2014 01:39pm)
Apparently so.

Those macros should be OK. 9.2% BF? What type of testing did you use? Electronic? Underwater? Caliper?

Electronic machine thingy. How wrong do they go? I am soft lol

E: she retested it too and was same

This post was edited by Cher on Jun 5 2014 03:25am
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1179617971798179918002039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll