d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1179317941795179617972039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 30 2014 09:28am
Quote (ForbiddenOath606 @ May 30 2014 08:11am)
Hey you say to no go high sugar on a cut.

But if all that matters is calories at the end of the day, why would sugar matter? How would insulin spikes affect your fat loss, even though you're in a deficit?

I'm currently on my last 10lbs or so of my goal.. my god is it ever a slow process.. is it me? Or is the last 10 lbs really going to take over a month, even at deficit?

I would like to know this as well. I went on a 14 week cut and most of my carbohydrates consist fruits/cereal/milk to hit my carb macros
this is me at the end of my cut. http://oi61.tinypic.com/13zqwdt.jpg
would i have gotten better result if i ate more slow digesting carbs?

will like to hear from u so i can improve on my next bulk/cut cycle
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 30 2014 10:00am
Quote (ForbiddenOath606 @ May 30 2014 08:11am)
Hey you say to no go high sugar on a cut.

But if all that matters is calories at the end of the day, why would sugar matter? How would insulin spikes affect your fat loss, even though you're in a deficit?

I'm currently on my last 10lbs or so of my goal.. my god is it ever a slow process.. is it me? Or is the last 10 lbs really going to take over a month, even at deficit?

Insulin spikes have a LOT to do with fat gain. Insulin in and of itself is an anabolic agent that immediately suspends catabolism and increase amino acid uptake into the muscles. In addition, it triggers the mechanism behind storing excess calories as lipids. The problem here is that "excess" calories are calories in excess at ANY given time. If the body consumes a meal and your glycogen levels are not depleted, and your protein synthesis is maxed out, the remaining calories will get shuttled into your adipose tissue as fat, in an insulin rich environment.

Thus, the more insulin, the more your body will store fat. The less insulin, and the more fat you have the ability to lose.

When you are on CUTTING, your body is in a state of catabolism. The constant consumption of amino acids from protein will assist with maintaining muscle. Also, sugar immediately PWO with your PWO shake (when not on keto) is the only time you absolutely need that insulin spike to shuttle aminos rapidly to the muscle groups for repair.

All macros are NOT created equal, even on a deficit.

If you were to take two groups of people, both on 500 cal deficits, but the one group consumed 100g of sugar per day, and the other consumed 20g of sugar per day, the first group would have slower and less overall fat loss.

edit::

Quote (Noun @ May 30 2014 11:28am)
I would like to know this as well. I went on a 14 week cut and most of my carbohydrates consist fruits/cereal/milk to hit my carb macros
this is me at the end of my cut. http://oi61.tinypic.com/13zqwdt.jpg
would i have gotten better result if i ate more slow digesting carbs?

will like to hear from u so i can improve on my next bulk/cut cycle

Yes, although you did very well with your cut, you can ALWAYS improve. Fewer simple carbs will ALWAYS help with reduction of body fat on a cut. That is one of the easiest and best ways to maximize a cut.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on May 30 2014 10:01am
Gold: 4.75
May 30 2014 08:20pm
I read in a study that creatine increases DHT by 40%, is enough to worry about baldness? Or other effects?

And "should" you go above 5g a day? If you do, what happens?

Also if all it does is help with lifts etc.. i hear its not aesthatically appealing since it makes you look big fluffer due to the water retention and not as much definition? What do you think.

And should creatine be taking by itself? Or can I have it with my post workout protein shake

This post was edited by ForbiddenOath606 on May 30 2014 08:40pm
May 30 2014 09:57pm
is keto-adaptation real? if it is, is there any way to speed it up?

noticed yesterday i wasnt as fast and i was trying harder to keep up at work, today after 8-9 hours of sleep i was still yawning all day. bought some keto stix and though i dont have large amount in my urine, im def in ketosis.
May 31 2014 01:25am
Zero Carb Flax Bread

Ingredients
2 cups flax seed
5 egg whites
2 whole eggs
5 tablespoons flax oil, coconut oil, or olive oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
3 packets Stevia

Directions
Mix all dry ingredients then add the wet. Whisk together and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. This recipe can also be made into muffins: divide batter into muffin pans and bake for about 10-15 minutes.

A sweet chocolate bread can be made by adding Capella Flavor Drops. Some other awesome additions are pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and protein powder flavor of choice. Great topped with almond or peanut butter!

Nutrition info per serving (1 serving/1 slice)

145 cal, 11 g fat, less than 1 g carbs, 6.5g protein Didn't say how many grams/serving, but weighing out the ingredients should make it pretty easy to figure out.

i plan to make this so i can go back to making chicken sandwhiches and having burgers. do you think i should use heavy cream instead of 1/2 cup water? anyopinions about this?
Gold: 1,505.00
May 31 2014 01:46am
I understand a lot of the anatomy and the workings of muscles, but I've been having significant issues trying to develop the inner part of my chest muscles. Will it come with time or is it just a genetics. I have a slightly caved in chest, also known as "Funnel Chest" or medically known as pectus excavatum. I understand it might just be stuck like that but I know with hard work and effort I can change and increase the muscle mass

That's my routine for chest/arms
Bench 6x3 (speed work, 65-70% normal 3 rep)
Incline Dumbbell Press 3x8-12
Chest Press 3x12-15
Incline Cable Flies 2x15-20
Preacher Curls 3x8-12
Rope Hammer Curls 2x12-15
Triceps-Extension Machine 3x8-12
Rope Extensions 2x12-15
Cable Kickbacks 2x15-20
May 31 2014 06:01am
Quote (ForbiddenOath606 @ May 30 2014 10:20pm)
I read in a study that creatine increases DHT by 40%, is enough to worry about baldness? Or other effects?

And "should" you go above 5g a day? If you do, what happens?

Also if all it does is help with lifts etc.. i hear its not aesthatically appealing since it makes you look big  fluffer due to the water retention and not as much definition? What do you think.

And should creatine be taking by itself? Or can I have it with my post workout protein shake

If used correctly, 5g / day, you shouldn't have any issues. Increased testosterone levels, including DHT levels, are indeed a "side-effect" of creatine, however, long term studies of the exact levels have never been conducted, or are inconclusive at this time. Short term creatine use spikes these levels, but after a while, the body should become more resistant and accommodating, and thus have an overall lower DHT side-effect.

Again, there is no long term study on this, unfortunately.

If you use Nizoral shampoo 1-2x per week, you won't need to worry about DHT causing male pattern baldness, as this shampoo dissolves DHT at the root of the hair.

Also, creatine doesn't exactly cause you to look "fluffy", but a bit more smooth. However, with proper diet and water consumption, you shouldn't have any significant issues. I would personally recommended seeing how your body responds to the creatine intake, and going from there. There are plenty of very lean bodybuilders, shredded down to the 4-6% area, on creatine.

Creatine can be taken by itself, or with the shake. It's optimal to take with a shake, right after a 30-40g PWO sugar hit to spike insulin levels on bulking. Just never mix it with anything acidic.
May 31 2014 06:03am
Quote (Kiston @ May 30 2014 11:57pm)
is keto-adaptation real? if it is, is there any way to speed it up?

noticed yesterday i wasnt as fast and i was trying harder to keep up at work, today after 8-9 hours of sleep i was still yawning all day. bought some keto stix and though i dont have large amount in my urine, im def in ketosis.

It's completely normal to have some side effects of keto, including tiredness and rebound issues.

Some obvious solutions include black coffee or hot green tea for energy, as well as increasing your carb-up day to a 24 hour period, instead of a day's worth of eating.
May 31 2014 06:05am
Quote (Kiston @ May 31 2014 03:25am)
Zero Carb Flax Bread

Ingredients
2 cups flax seed
5 egg whites
2 whole eggs
5 tablespoons flax oil, coconut oil, or olive oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
3 packets Stevia

Directions
Mix all dry ingredients then add the wet. Whisk together and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. This recipe can also be made into muffins: divide batter into muffin pans and bake for about 10-15 minutes.

A sweet chocolate bread can be made by adding Capella Flavor Drops. Some other awesome additions are pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and protein powder flavor of choice. Great topped with almond or peanut butter!

Nutrition info per serving (1 serving/1 slice)

145 cal, 11 g fat, less than 1 g carbs, 6.5g protein Didn't say how many grams/serving, but weighing out the ingredients should make it pretty easy to figure out.

i plan to make this so i can go back to making chicken sandwhiches and having burgers. do you think i should use heavy cream instead of 1/2 cup water? anyopinions about this?

That is a VERY interesting recipe! I would be very eager to try it out myself.

I would try it the normal way first, and see how the texture of the "bread" comes out. If you think it needs to be "fluffier" try adding heavy cream next time and see what happens.
May 31 2014 06:10am
Quote (xrmd @ May 31 2014 03:46am)
I understand a lot of the anatomy and the workings of muscles, but I've been having significant issues trying to develop the inner part of my chest muscles. Will it come with time or is it just a genetics. I have a slightly caved in chest, also known as "Funnel Chest" or medically known as pectus excavatum. I understand it might just be stuck like that but I know with hard work and effort I can change and increase the muscle mass

That's my routine for chest/arms
Bench 6x3 (speed work, 65-70% normal 3 rep)
Incline Dumbbell Press 3x8-12
Chest Press 3x12-15
Incline Cable Flies 2x15-20
Preacher Curls 3x8-12
Rope Hammer Curls 2x12-15
Triceps-Extension Machine 3x8-12
Rope Extensions 2x12-15
Cable Kickbacks 2x15-20

Hey there.

In general, inner-chest development hinges LARGELY on genetics and frequency of training. For someone with a stubborn chest, you should be training chest, independently, 2-3x per week.

Read up here:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=382232412
Stubborn Chest Guide

Also, remember, your inner chest and outer chest are all the same muscle. The way that one portion of the muscle develops faster than the other has largely to do with range of motion and constant muscle squeeze during contraction of reps. I would advise that you make a conscious effort to maximize range of motion with all chest exercises, and try (hard), to squeeze the chest at the top of each rep, and keep it flexed all the way back down through the negative.

The best exercises for chest...

Bench Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
Decline Bench Press
Flat Bench Flies
Cable Crossovers
Weighted Chest Dips
Pushups (for hypertrophy on off-days)

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1179317941795179617972039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll