d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11771781791801812039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 120.00
Aug 7 2009 09:10pm
Quote (Honestly @ Fri, Aug 7 2009, 10:03pm)
There will always b someone that will help u. Write to oprah etc no lie. Talk about your life. You're a smart guy I think u can eloquate. Talk about the forums how u spend alot of time helping every1. We will back u 100% and troll oprah forums etc

sometimes i wonder if you think before you post.
Gold: 1,551.68
Aug 7 2009 09:13pm
Quote (Boxa @ Fri, Aug 7 2009, 09:10pm)
sometimes i wonder if you think before you post.

never, u ever gonna take my hair advice
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Aug 8 2009 12:59pm
TIP OF THE DAY:

Adding fresh or frozen berries to a shake post-workout is acceptable during cutting and provides adequate sugar to help replenish glycogen after a workout without raising blood sugar levels to the point of excess.

edit:

Roughly 1/2 - 1 cup of berries is the quantity you need per ONE large post-workout shake.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Aug 8 2009 01:01pm
Gold: 250.07
Aug 8 2009 01:18pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sat, Aug 8 2009, 10:59pm)
TIP OF THE DAY:

Adding fresh or frozen berries to a shake post-workout is acceptable during cutting and provides adequate sugar to help replenish glycogen after a workout without raising blood sugar levels to the point of excess.

edit:

Roughly 1/2 - 1 cup of berries is the quantity you need per ONE large post-workout shake.

what about having a myoplex deluxe shake after workout? 54 grams protein , 20 grams carbs , 7 grams fibre , 1 g cla , and hmb..
Gold: 120.00
Aug 8 2009 04:08pm
Quote (Nitro @ Sat, Aug 8 2009, 02:18pm)
what about having a myoplex deluxe shake after workout? 54 grams protein , 20 grams carbs , 7 grams fibre , 1 g cla , and hmb..

those shakes are MRPs.

they're not optimal post workout because it's not a pure whey protein for fast absorption.

from what I saw via google though, they look to be a pretty good mrp shake though the 21g of sugar is a huge turnoff for me.
Aug 8 2009 10:10pm
Quote (Nitro @ Sat, Aug 8 2009, 03:18pm)

Boxa is correct in this case.

Post workout you want a pure whey isolate shake with a simple sugar. A great choice is the NOW! 100% whey isolate with 1 cup of mixed berries or 1 whole large banana or 1 12oz glass of 100% fruit juice DURING CUTTING CYCLE.

On bulking cycle - try 12 ounces of chocolate milk right after the workout followed by a regular whey isolate shake with a whole serving of fruit mixed up with it

Aug 9 2009 03:36am

Oh god... That means for the past month I've been having myoplex deluxe... 15 mins after my weight training.. Gahhhh!!! The only mrps I use is the eas original myoplex for my 3 of my 6 meals a day.. Its not a good feeling knowing your hard work is goin down the drain by chuggin down the wrong MRP...
Aug 9 2009 06:12am
EAS Myoplex Meal Replacement Powder Review: Is Myoplex The Best MRP?
EAS' Myoplex meal replacement shake is probably the reigning king of meal replacement supplements! There are three reasons why... first, while EAS didn't invent the MRP (it was Met-Rx who was responsible for this) they were largely responsible for introducing them to the mainstream marketplace. Secondly... Myoplex shakes taste fantastic!

As far as quality of formulation goes, the Myoplex meal replacement shake sits squarely in the middle of the pack-- not the best, and not the worst.

Each shake contains 42 grams of protein (from fast acting whey proteins, plus slower acting milk, egg, and caseinate sources), and a variety of other ingredients.

Mixed in with a smattering of goodies like alpha ketoglutaric acid and taurine is an extensive vitamin blend.
However, it's really the carbohydrate-element of this shake that—in my opinion anyway—cause it to lapse behind competitors like Prolab's Lean Mass Complex and Isatori's Eat-Smart, neither of which use inferior fillers.

Myoplex Deluxe sports an "updated" carbohydrate blend sourced from whole grains (i.e., no cheap maltodextrin) plenty of glutamine and glutamine precursors, a ton of branched chain amino acids, slightly over a gram of CLA, some MCTs (medium chain triglycerides), and a 3-stage "precision-release protein complex."
Of course, you are going to pay for all these goodies... and you do; an 18-packet box costs just under $55

Bottom line on the original Myoplex?

It's a decent product that packs a potent "protein punch." Its carbohydrate formula is a bit dated though; there are better products on the market for close to the same money (see Prolab's Lean Mass Complex and Isatori's Eat-Smart). Still, you can't really go wrong with EAS stuff. And when you compare these MRPs to the alternative—a quick detour throught the drive-thru— their value is quickly apparent.

And seeing how the body for life competitors are always having 3 of these shakes a day , i thought i'd give it a shot too , now i have a lot of stock remaining ,

Also have -
muscle armor
betagen
CLA
thermodynamx ..

Can the job be done with the stuff that i have?

Aug 9 2009 10:20am
Quote (Nitro @ Sun, Aug 9 2009, 08:12am)
EAS Myoplex Meal Replacement Powder Review: Is Myoplex The Best MRP?
EAS' Myoplex meal replacement shake is probably the reigning king of meal replacement supplements! There are three reasons why... first, while EAS didn't invent the MRP (it was Met-Rx who was responsible for this) they were largely responsible for introducing them to the mainstream marketplace. Secondly... Myoplex shakes taste fantastic! 

As far as quality of formulation goes, the Myoplex meal replacement shake sits squarely in the middle of the pack-- not the best, and not the worst.

Each shake contains 42 grams of protein (from fast acting whey proteins, plus slower acting milk, egg, andcaseinatesources), and a variety of other ingredients.

Mixed in with a smattering of goodies like alpha ketoglutaric acid and taurine is an extensive vitamin blend.
However, it's really the carbohydrate-element of this shake that—in my opinion anyway—cause it to lapse behind competitors like Prolab's Lean Mass Complex and Isatori's Eat-Smart, neither of which use inferior fillers.

Myoplex Deluxe sports an "updated" carbohydrate blend sourced from whole grains (i.e., no cheap maltodextrin) plenty of glutamine and glutamine precursors, a ton of branched chain amino acids, slightly over a gram of CLA, some MCTs (medium chain triglycerides), and a 3-stage "precision-release protein complex."
Of course, you are going to pay for all these goodies... and you do; an 18-packet box costs just under $55

Bottom line on the original Myoplex?

It's a decent product that packs a potent "protein punch." Its carbohydrate formula is a bit dated though; there are better products on the market for close to the same money (see Prolab's Lean Mass Complex and Isatori's Eat-Smart). Still, you can't really go wrong with EAS stuff. And when you compare these MRPs to the alternative—a quick detour throught the drive-thru— their value is quickly apparent.

And seeing how the body for life competitors are always having 3 of these shakes a day , i thought i'd give it a shot too , now i have a lot of stock remaining ,

Also have -
muscle armor
betagen
CLA
thermodynamx ..

Can the job be done with the stuff that i have?

There is no question that myoplex MRPs are great for 3 of your 6 meals a day....however, immediately post workout you need a pure whey protein isolate shake of approx 40g with a good dose of simple carb/sugar (preferably from fruit, waxy maize, or dextrose). This immediate post workout shake does NOT COUNT as a meal.
Aug 9 2009 01:24pm

Do you have any good brand in mind for post workout shakes? I doubt they will be available in Dubai but I'll order 12 boxes online if required...
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11771781791801812039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll