d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1176017611762176317642039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 12 2014 03:04am
Hello,

this is hard for me to post, but i gotta stop caring what people care about my weight but here it goes.

I want to change my life for the better good (Depression for 13 years and going)
and i feel working out would help ease the pain..

Im currently unemployed and on social assistance and looking to start eating/drinking healthier and possibly finding a workout plan that doesnt involve too much money.

i was hoping I could get advice from this thread since so many positive reviews.

right now im 5'7 and 226 Lbs at 23 years.. not the worse body shape but cant stand it no more.
i have been having tuna sandwiches and drinking earl grey tea as its a cheaper alternative.

I dont know where to start, but im here asking for help.

Thanks,

Corey
Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Mar 12 2014 08:00am
Quote (jagroen @ Mar 12 2014 05:04am)
Hello,

this is hard for me to post, but i gotta stop caring what people care about my weight but here it goes.

I want to change my life for the better good (Depression for 13 years and going)

Im currently unemployed and on social assistance and looking to start eating/drinking healthier and possibly finding a workout plan that doesnt involve too much money.

i was hoping I could get advice from this thread since so many positive reviews.

right now im 5'7 and 226 Lbs at 23 years.. not the worse body shape but cant stand it no more.
i have been having tuna sandwiches and drinking earl grey tea as its a cheaper alternative.

Thanks,

Corey

Gotta start walking for excercise and lifting light weights till you get your weight down. Try drinking mostly water (the tea wont hurt, nothing in it really)

Also find an online calorie counter (type in google) and it'll.ask for age, weight, height ans give you your caloric intake required for weight loss.

Just a start

This post was edited by WhoBut_WBMason on Mar 12 2014 08:04am
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Mar 12 2014 11:06am
Quote (smoothy9 @ Mar 12 2014 04:01am)
I think I've actually lost body fat because I'm eating healthier than I have ever before. How many calories should I be aiming for and any cheap suggestions for healthy and caloric foods?

Depends on your height/weight/activity level/body fat.

Given that I believe you said you were 180 and 9% bf, I'd only need your height. I know your activity level based on your routine - however just in that area, I'd say that 3,500 cals on workout days, and 2,500-2,800 cals on non-workout days would be fine for building mass without too much fat gain.
Mar 12 2014 11:09am
Quote (jagroen @ Mar 12 2014 05:04am)
Hello,

Thanks,

Corey

Hello there.

You have just taken the first step on a very long, and VERY important road. You are now on your way to becoming healthy, fit, and ultimately successful.

Before we go any further, I understand your funding is limited, but you certainly aren't short on time. As a result, I will be giving you a lot of bodyweight exercises and things you can do at home that do not require a gym.

Secondly, as far as diet goes, I can create virtually any diet to accomodate you, however I need to know what your food likes/dislikes are. I also need to know if you have any food allergies.

Lastly, besides depression, do you have any medical conditions? DO you take any prescription meds or drugs?

Get back to me and we'll begin the process. Good luck, and congratulations for starting the process of making a positive change for yourself.

Mar 12 2014 11:11am
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Mar 12 2014 10:00am)
Gotta start walking for excercise and lifting light weights till you get your weight down. Try drinking mostly water (the tea wont hurt, nothing in it really)

Also find an online calorie counter (type in google) and it'll.ask for age, weight, height ans give you your caloric intake required for weight loss.

Just a start

Hello -

Please DO NOT offer advice, assistance, or opinion in this thread.

This sticky is reserved for me to answer questions directly in order to avoid confusion, prevent bad information, and keep the thread on topic.

There is absolutely no reason for you or anyone else to be posting advice to anyone on this sticky. The spread of bad information, incomplete information, and misrepresented information are some of the worst things for the field of health and fitness.

Either way, thank you for your cooperation. If you would like to reply to threads, please do so in the general H&F forum, and not in the stickies above.

And remember...if you ever need help or assistance directly from myself, please feel free to post in the sticky.

Thanks!

Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Mar 12 2014 11:16am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mar 12 2014 01:11pm)
Hello -

Please DO NOT offer advice, assistance, or opinion in this thread.

This sticky is reserved for me to answer questions directly in order to avoid confusion, prevent bad information, and keep the thread on topic.

There is absolutely no reason for you or anyone else to be posting advice to anyone on this sticky. The spread of bad information, incomplete information, and misrepresented information are some of the worst things for the field of health and fitness.

Either way, thank you for your cooperation. If you would like to reply to threads, please do so in the general H&F forum, and not in the stickies above.

And remember...if you ever need help or assistance directly from myself, please feel free to post in the sticky.

Thanks!

yah cause i havent read hundreds of other posts with people doing it and you thanking them
Gold: 10,445.00
Mar 12 2014 12:34pm
Been reading a bit about carb cycling and thinking about trying it, what are your thoughts on it?
and if i were to try it, how should my low carb/high carbs be mon-sun and how much carbs each day
Gold: 0.01
Mar 12 2014 01:09pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mar 12 2014 10:06am)
Depends on your height/weight/activity level/body fat.

Given that I believe you said you were 180 and 9% bf, I'd only need your height. I know your activity level based on your routine - however just in that area, I'd say that 3,500 cals on workout days, and 2,500-2,800 cals on non-workout days would be fine for building mass without too much fat gain.

6'4 and on top of my routine I play about 5-7 hours of volleyball a week.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 12 2014 01:54pm
Casein or cottage cheese for pre-bed snack on a cut?

The only cottage cheese I can get is :

2g fat
860mg sodium
19g carbohydrates
32g prots

Thats might be too much carbs/sodium, thats why i'm wondering about casein! But since I already take 2.5scoop of whey per day, thats might be too much powder

Thank you

This post was edited by Chalifour on Mar 12 2014 01:59pm
Gold: 10,445.00
Mar 12 2014 03:21pm
Quote (Hboy @ Mar 12 2014 06:34pm)
Been reading a bit about carb cycling and thinking about trying it, what are your thoughts on it?
and if i were to try it, how should my low carb/high carbs be mon-sun and how much carbs each day

Also question about 6 day split
Is it best to knock out legs then shoulders or alternate them , same with bis/chest and back/tri

This post was edited by Hboy on Mar 12 2014 03:21pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1176017611762176317642039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll