d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11751761771781792039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 5 2009 10:31pm
Quote (Honestly @ Wed, Aug 5 2009, 11:30pm)
shut the fuck up kyke

cody bitchaud

out of respect for raynor i wont post here anymore

This post was edited by Dangers on Aug 5 2009 10:36pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Aug 6 2009 10:31pm
I am back...I'm staying at my uncle's house which is about 50 miles north of my house.

First of all, thank you to everyone who was concerned with my problems and wished me well - I can not tell you how much I appreciate the support....it's good to know people are genuinely appreciative.

Anyway here is what happened.

During the night, I heard a huge crash. I jumped out of bed to see what happened....the entire roof of my house over top of my living room, dining room, kitchen, and den was collapsed, my entire house wrecked. The bedrooms were fine, and the garage was fine...but everything else was completely destroyed and covered in water (i figured this was from rain as it was storming all night). At first I thought a tree fell on the house...but when I went outside through the garage to inspect everything...I found that there was absolutely no tree to be found. Totally confused, I called 911 and explained the situation. Fire dept, and police arrived shortly and documented the situation and checked for the cause of the problem. Within the hour, the fire dept had discovered that a water line that runs through my attic had burst earlier that day (which explains the shitty water pressure I had that morning and figured it was just the city doing maintenance). Anyway, the water line had flooded the insulation, drywall, and support beams in the attic. The weight from the water caused the ceiling to buckle and collapse. The damage has made the house totally unlivable.

Now the severe problem....no one wants to accept responsibility for this. The city says the water line is on my property so its my problem. The homeowners insurance says that the water line is the city's problem because there was no reason for the pipe to burst except for a sudden extreme rush of pressure or a faulty pipe (which they said would be the fault of the pipe manufacturer or the building contractor), and lastly the company that built my house claims that they are not responsible because everything was installed fine and insurance should cover this as a fluke incident. So now begins the long and tiresome battle with the insurance company to pay out. Until then (i live in a gated community) - I am responsible for all repairs to my house and have to have them completed within 90 days or else start getting hit up with fines of $250 for every day that the house is the way it is.

The total cost to repair everything...not counting all the stuff that was destroyed....is approximately $42,000. I am up to my eyeballs in debt from medical school as it is...and have absolutely NO WAY to pay this. In addition, all the stuff that was destroyed in my house has been totaled out to nearly $20,000. Thats a total of $62,000 in the hole for me now....with the insurance company not willing to pay.

Even with monthly payments, I can not even come CLOSE to affording the repairs. I am probably going to lose the house and forfeit it to the bank and hope that I can fight the insurance company in the duration...which of course, I don't have the time or money to do given that I go to school full time, work, and probably can't afford the type of lawyer I'll need to fight a gigantic company.

Either way, the point is simple. I am going to be forced to live with my uncle for the next few weeks, then I'll have to get out of here and find a new place to stay....and I have no idea where I can go.

I am seriously in the worst possible situation of my life. I need money which I don't have. I need a place to live in the area...which I don't have. I need a lawyer...which I don't have. I need a normal day to last 48 hours rather than 24. I need a lot of things...and I don't see any of them happening for me.

I'm at a huge crossroads...and here are my choices...

1. quit medical school, work additional jobs, pay for a new place + a lawyer + repairs to my house and hope to fight the insurance company and get my money.

2. continue with school and work as usual, forfeit my house, pay for a cheap apt, lose 90% of my stuff, bend over and take it from the insurance company.

3. quit life in general (this seems to be much more simple than the rest...I am so sick of all the BS that has to happen to me)

anyway...thats the story. $42,000 needed, house destroyed, most of my stuff gone, more problems than id care to think about to be honest.

I won't be able to offer much advice until I get this cleared up. I'll try to be on for 10-15 mins at night to help out a bit if I can over these next few weeks - sorry for the inconvenience.

Gold: 3.38
Aug 6 2009 10:39pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Thu, Aug 6 2009, 08:31pm)
I am back...I'm staying at my uncle's house which is about 50 miles north of my house.

First of all, thank you to everyone who was concerned with my problems and wished me well - I can not tell you how much I appreciate the support....it's good to know people are genuinely appreciative.

Anyway here is what happened.

During the night, I heard a huge crash. I jumped out of bed to see what happened....the entire roof of my house over top of my living room, dining room, kitchen, and den was collapsed, my entire house wrecked. The bedrooms were fine, and the garage was fine...but everything else was completely destroyed and covered in water (i figured this was from rain as it was storming all night). At first I thought a tree fell on the house...but when I went outside through the garage to inspect everything...I found that there was absolutely no tree to be found. Totally confused, I called 911 and explained the situation. Fire dept, and police arrived shortly and documented the situation and checked for the cause of the problem. Within the hour, the fire dept had discovered that a water line that runs through my attic had burst earlier that day (which explains the shitty water pressure I had that morning and figured it was just the city doing maintenance). Anyway, the water line had flooded the insulation, drywall, and support beams in the attic. The weight from the water caused the ceiling to buckle and collapse. The damage has made the house totally unlivable.

Now the severe problem....no one wants to accept responsibility for this. The city says the water line is on my property so its my problem. The homeowners insurance says that the water line is the city's problem because there was no reason for the pipe to burst except for a sudden extreme rush of pressure or a faulty pipe (which they said would be the fault of the pipe manufacturer or the building contractor), and lastly the company that built my house claims that they are not responsible because everything was installed fine and insurance should cover this as a fluke incident. So now begins the long and tiresome battle with the insurance company to pay out. Until then (i live in a gated community) - I am responsible for all repairs to my house and have to have them completed within 90 days or else start getting hit up with fines of $250 for every day that the house is the way it is.

The total cost to repair everything...not counting all the stuff that was destroyed....is approximately $42,000. I am up to my eyeballs in debt from medical school as it is...and have absolutely NO WAY to pay this. In addition, all the stuff that was destroyed in my house has been totaled out to nearly $20,000. Thats a total of $62,000 in the hole for me now....with the insurance company not willing to pay.

Even with monthly payments, I can not even come CLOSE to affording the repairs. I am probably going to lose the house and forfeit it to the bank and hope that I can fight the insurance company in the duration...which of course, I don't have the time or money to do given that I go to school full time, work, and probably can't afford the type of lawyer I'll need to fight a gigantic company.

Either way, the point is simple. I am going to be forced to live with my uncle for the next few weeks, then I'll have to get out of here and find a new place to stay....and I have no idea where I can go.

I am seriously in the worst possible situation of my life. I need money which I don't have. I need a place to live in the area...which I don't have. I need a lawyer...which I don't have. I need a normal day to last 48 hours rather than 24. I need a lot of things...and I don't see any of them happening for me.

I'm at a huge crossroads...and here are my choices...

1. quit medical school, work additional jobs, pay for a new place + a lawyer + repairs to my house and hope to fight the insurance company and get my money.

2. continue with school and work as usual, forfeit my house, pay for a cheap apt, lose 90% of my stuff, bend over and take it from the insurance company.

3. quit life in general (this seems to be much more simple than the rest...I am so sick of all the BS that has to happen to me)

anyway...thats the story. $42,000 needed, house destroyed, most of my stuff gone, more problems than id care to think about to be honest.

I won't be able to offer much advice until I get this cleared up. I'll try to be on for 10-15 mins at night to help out a bit if I can over these next few weeks - sorry for the inconvenience.

That's terrible man, your insurance company should be paying for all the damage...
My family got ripped by an insurance company also, there was a car accident involving my 2 sisters, grandmother, mom, and aunt where the car got completely totaled, aunt is currently paralyzed, car flipped 8 times on the freeway, and my mom got thrown out of the car. Our insurance was supposed to cover the car, and give 30,000$ split among the people in the car, they gave it to the ones who had health insurance while my mom and sister had to pay the full medical bills, which we couldn't afford, and only got 10,000 instead of 20,000 for the car.
Insurance companies are evil :(

Anyways, I really hope things work out for you.
Gold: 31.01
Aug 6 2009 10:54pm
damn.
Aug 6 2009 11:03pm
Quote (Mesonychid @ Fri, Aug 7 2009, 12:39am)
That's terrible man, your insurance company should be paying for all the damage...
My family got ripped by an insurance company also, there was a car accident involving my 2 sisters, grandmother, mom, and aunt where the car got completely totaled, aunt is currently paralyzed, car flipped 8 times on the freeway, and my mom got thrown out of the car. Our insurance was supposed to cover the car, and give 30,000$ split among the people in the car, they gave it to the ones who had health insurance while my mom and sister had to pay the full medical bills, which we couldn't afford, and only got 10,000 instead of 20,000 for the car.
Insurance companies are evil :(

Anyways, I really hope things work out for you.

thanks for the support....sorry for your family and those unfortunate circumstances. I wish you guys the best as well.
Banned
Gold: 20.51
Warn: 70%
Aug 6 2009 11:19pm
wow, holy shit that is a fucked up situation.

i'd go for the lawyer if necessary, i mean... these types of things are WHY people buy insurance in the first place

if worst comes to worst, try to workout a leave of absence with your school and explain your situation, most schools shouldn't give you too much of a hassle

hope you get through it man
Gold: 112.00
Aug 7 2009 12:12am
Quote (Peachie @ Fri, Aug 7 2009, 05:19am)
wow, holy shit that is a fucked up situation.

i'd go for the lawyer if necessary, i mean... these types of things are WHY people buy insurance in the first place

if worst comes to worst, try to workout a leave of absence with your school and explain your situation, most schools shouldn't give you too much of a hassle

hope you get through it man

Yeah most schools are understandable, you could probably even do 6 months without school and work during that time and fight the insurance company. I mean sometimes life hits us hard in the balls but if you persevere and push through all the shit you can make it through, don't lose hope man. Bad things happen to good people but in the end I do believe that the good will come for those that deserve it and you definitely deserve a break in life.

Hope everything does end up working out.
Gold: 31.01
Aug 7 2009 04:32am
something good is bound to happen after you get out of this mess, i bet once this is all thru, something great will happen

I mean with helping everyone around here, you definitely deserve a lot of something good

gl irl m9

This post was edited by Osirislives on Aug 7 2009 04:32am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 7 2009 10:20am
Quote (Honestly @ Tue, Aug 4 2009, 05:19pm)
Subway ain't too gz. Get a rotissary chicken instead naw meen

More meat
no yoghurt, try smoothies with 100% fruits, yoghurt is full of suggar and bad stuff
and subway....not good
Aug 7 2009 10:39am
Quote (M00NSHINE @ Fri, Aug 7 2009, 12:20pm)
More meat
no yoghurt, try smoothies with 100% fruits, yoghurt is full of suggar and bad stuff
and subway....not good

if you insist on going to subway there is ONE sub that you can get which fulfills a good deal of macros and is the lesser of all evils.

Here is what you should order:

Double Meat Chicken Breast on Wheat (toasted is pretty good)

All Veggies (avoid pickles/banana peppers because of sodium)

Cheese is optional

Mustard is optional

Vinegar is optional

No mayo, oil, or sauces - also no chips/cookies/etc.

The macros for EACH 6" half of this sandwich are 50protein/50carbs/18fat(with cheese)/562 calories

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11751761771781792039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll