d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1175517561757175817592039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 27 2014 04:15pm
Quote (Snazzy @ Feb 27 2014 03:22pm)
Okay, so my roommate has been skinny all his life, ridiculously high metabolism.. the works.

He tried a weight gainer while working out but it made him nauseous and too full to really eat anything else half the time.

What kind of diet / workouts should he be doing to get bigger?

6 feet
~140 lbs

http://i57.tinypic.com/biv82g.jpg

Follow this routine:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345094501
Hardgainer Diet and Exercise Guide

If he can't stomach the cytogainer shakes, he can replace that with a regular protein shake, and another full meal of his choice.
Feb 27 2014 04:16pm
Quote (Honestly @ Feb 27 2014 05:40pm)
all these years later... topic still going stronk

bless your heart dude. hope life is treating you well man

Thank you for the kind words. If my profile had more space, I'd immortalize it there.

I wish you the best. Thanks again.
Gold: 2,381.00
Feb 27 2014 07:51pm
As a personal trainer how do you make your money?
Do you work for a gym as their specific trainer?
Do you work independently and work at clients place/your place?
Do you work independently as a trainer and take your own clients to a gym and just offer the gym some of your profit?

How much do you charge customers?
Gold: 13,891.00
Feb 27 2014 11:04pm
Im getting more and more in to a natural food regiment.
Really iinterested in food benefits and those unknown to americans or mainstream consumption. Its just interesting to me.

Anyways, do you have any thoughts about Maca/maca root? I saw Frank Medrano (vegetarian body weight pro) use it in post workout drink. When I googled it seemed like 7/10 links were contained warnings.
Anything to worry about here?

Also- if there is a common place that is like the bible for this kind of stuff I would love to know about it. Always interested in some spice with certain benefits or a tea that is common in china and used for whatever. Very intriguing.

As always- thanks for hosting this thread! What a resource!

This post was edited by Stealth on Feb 27 2014 11:04pm
Feb 28 2014 07:08pm
Quote (Casualfridays @ Feb 27 2014 09:51pm)
As a personal trainer how do you make your money?
Do you work for a gym as their specific trainer?
Do you work independently and work at clients place/your place?
Do you work independently as a trainer and take your own clients to a gym and just offer the gym some of your profit?

How much do you charge customers?

If you're asking me directly...

I used to work for gyms. Now I'm independent with regular clients. I don't currently accept new clients because of medical school. Once I am done with residency and can officially start working as a surgeon, I'll have let all of my clients go.

I train these clients at a multitude of locations including their homes, gyms, and so forth.

My current customers are charged based on their necessities. I can not release exact numbers out of courtesy to my clients - however, most trainers charge in the area of $50-$100 per hour, depending on the services rendered.
Feb 28 2014 07:29pm
Quote (Stealth @ Feb 28 2014 01:04am)
Im getting more and more in to a natural food regiment.
Really iinterested in food benefits and those unknown to americans or mainstream consumption.  Its just interesting to me.

Anyways,  do you have any thoughts about Maca/maca root? I saw Frank Medrano (vegetarian body weight pro) use it in post workout drink. When I googled it seemed like 7/10 links were contained warnings. 
Anything to worry about here?

Also- if there is a common place that is like the bible for this kind of stuff I would love to know about it. Always interested in some spice with certain benefits or a tea that is common in china and used for whatever. Very intriguing. 

As always- thanks for hosting this thread! What a resource!

Hey there.

There are actually quite a few foods and herbs, mostly unknown to Americans, which can have potential positive health effects. This topic is so wide and expansive that it can often be difficult to discuss without breaking topic completely.

Anyway - Maca has been used successfully in middle aged women primarily as a hormone balancing agent. It's very mild compared to pharmaceuticals, however it's side effects are almost nothing by comparison.
Gold: 1,093.37
Mar 2 2014 06:29pm
I'm curious about calories, specifically wondering if theres any correlation between the number I'm supposed to eat on a non workout day, and the number of Calories I burn on a non workout day. Or on workout days?

I've been monitoring my heart rate with a polar watch and even though i know it cant give me an accurate calorie burn number it gives me A number, and I'm hoping i can use it as a training tool to hit a certain number of calories per workout. I really like cardio, havent been doing any major lifting at all just small weights multiple times, not going anywhere near maxing out or getting in a routine yet until i lose enough weight.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 2 2014 08:02pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 27 2014 08:20am)
Are you able to get some more equipment? Such as an olympic bar, a bench, more weight plates, dumbbells and so forth?

No on the bench for sure. I might be able to get the bar, dumbbells, and weights though.
Mar 2 2014 09:26pm
Quote (mykromisfit @ Mar 2 2014 08:29pm)
I'm curious about calories, specifically wondering if theres any correlation between the number I'm supposed to eat on a non workout day, and the number of Calories I burn on a non workout day.  Or on workout days?

I've been monitoring my heart rate with a polar watch and even though i know it cant give me an accurate calorie burn number it gives me A number, and I'm hoping i can use it as a training tool to hit a certain number of calories per workout. I really like cardio, havent been doing any major lifting at all just small weights multiple times, not going anywhere near maxing out or getting in a routine yet until i lose enough weight.

Your calories should be generally around this:

Cutting:

500 cals under BMR (non workout days)
700 cals under total cals burned [bmr + exercise] (workout days)

Clean Bulking:

200 cals over BMR (non-workout days)
500 cals over total cals burned [bmr + exercise] (workout days)

Mass Bulking:

500 cals over BMR (non-workout days)
1000 cals over total cals burned [bmr + exercise] (workout days)

These are just approximations, but you get the idea.
Mar 2 2014 09:27pm
Quote (killerz888 @ Mar 2 2014 10:02pm)
No on the bench for sure. I might be able to get the bar, dumbbells, and weights though.

The bench is very important for a lot of exercises - however, even without the bench the other equipment would be very helpful.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1175517561757175817592039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll