d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1175417551756175717582039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 26 2014 07:36am
Quote (MrBobMarley @ Feb 26 2014 07:41am)
What is the difference between methylphenidate and meth you would use to get high.

My elementary knowledge is methylphenidate is much slower absorbing in the body and is just basically a delayed release "meth" as to not have the same feeling.

Any and as much info that you have would be great. Just curious. I'm prescribed to adderall but hate/don't take besides rare occasions.

I can talk for hours and hours about this topic, as it is something I feel very strongly about.

Essentially...methylphenidate (adderrall/ritalin) and methamphetamine (street meth) are all basically the same thing. Street meth (methamphetamine), tends to be more concentrated, less safe, and more "simple" of a compound. The prescription meth (methlypenidate), tends to be less concentrated (per dose), safer in terms of production quality, and more complex of a compound.

Here is a link that will show you the chemical differences:

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/chemistry/chemistry_compare.php?lm=methamphetamine_2d&rm=methylphenidate_2d

As you can see, they are generally the same compound, with minor differences in terms of chemical makeup.

So to answer the question in short order....yes, the two are both essentially meth. The prescription version differs slightly in the compound to avoid the stigma of being directly associated with a street drug. This is also to protect the drug companies and continue litigation against street drugs.

In general, is meth safe? The answer is absolutely not, unless dire circumstances exist. Addiction, physical side-effects, mental/emotional changes, and even withdrawals can exist from using any type of meth.

One of the original uses for meth was for Air Force Pilots to be able to fly for extremely long periods of time without fatigue. The Germans also used it in WW2 by giving it to soldiers so that they could fight longer and harder. The outcome for those soldiers was devastating, and often lead to heart attacks, heart failure, chronic addiction, extreme fatigue when not using them, sleeplessness, and so forth.
Gold: 40.00
Feb 26 2014 09:16am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 26 2014 01:36pm)
I can talk for hours and hours about this topic, as it is something I feel very strongly about.

Essentially...methylphenidate (adderrall/ritalin) and methamphetamine (street meth) are all basically the same thing. Street meth (methamphetamine), tends to be more concentrated, less safe, and more "simple" of a compound. The prescription meth (methlypenidate), tends to be less concentrated (per dose), safer in terms of production quality, and more complex of a compound.

Here is a link that will show you the chemical differences:

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/chemistry/chemistry_compare.php?lm=methamphetamine%5F2d&rm=methylphenidate%5F2d

As you can see, they are generally the same compound, with minor differences in terms of chemical makeup.

So to answer the question in short order....yes, the two are both essentially meth. The prescription version differs slightly in the compound to avoid the stigma of being directly associated with a street drug. This is also to protect the drug companies and continue litigation against street drugs.

In general, is meth safe? The answer is absolutely not, unless dire circumstances exist. Addiction, physical side-effects, mental/emotional changes, and even withdrawals can exist from using any type of meth.

One of the original uses for meth was for Air Force Pilots to be able to fly for extremely long periods of time without fatigue. The Germans also used it in WW2 by giving it to soldiers so that they could fight longer and harder. The outcome for those soldiers was devastating, and often lead to heart attacks, heart failure, chronic addiction, extreme fatigue when not using them, sleeplessness, and so forth.

Alright thanks. Yea I have been prescribed to it since I was like 14-15 years old. Never liked it, and never took it consistently (going like at most 2-3 years at one time w/out taking it). Now my one month prescription will last me 6+ months to a year usually. Only really took it when studying for my LSAT's and like finals as of recent.

I have a friend who actually uses a drug called modafinil, which apparently has little to no side affects and helps with mental alertness and combats tiredness
Gold: 40.00
Feb 26 2014 10:00am
another question while I'm at it.

I have all my midterms this week, three in a row. Today, Thursday, and 6 page paper due Friday by 4pm.

Senior year/accepted to grad school so I really slacked and haven't done readings etc. I literally screwed myself, but whatever it already happened.

Didn't sleep at all last night studying, planning on taking a 2-3 hour nap at like 12:30 today, then studying all night for my exam tomorrow/ doing some of the 200 pages of reading for my paper due friday (just the minimum course pack reading, none of the additional). Then at like 10am tomrrow, figure i'll take another 3 hour power nap, wake up at 1ish, go to class and take my exam. I'll get out of next exam at like 5:30 tomorrow, and I'll probably be forced to take a quick nap which I won't really have time for then, then stay up all night finishing reading/writing the 6 page paper due the next day.

So, that's my situation. Obviously not ideal, but needs to get done. Will I live? I plan on taking an abundance of caffeine etc to stay up and alert. Any tips to optimize brain function? I feel like i'm going to be so dead. Will drastically reducing my physical movement as much as possible help?

This post was edited by MrBobMarley on Feb 26 2014 10:06am
Feb 26 2014 03:36pm
Quote (MrBobMarley @ Feb 26 2014 12:00pm)
another question while I'm at it.

I have all my midterms this week, three in a row. Today, Thursday, and 6 page paper due Friday by 4pm.

Senior year/accepted to grad school so I really slacked and haven't done readings etc. I literally screwed myself, but whatever it already happened.

Didn't sleep at all last night studying, planning on taking a 2-3 hour nap at like 12:30 today, then studying all night for my exam tomorrow/ doing some of the 200 pages of reading for my paper due friday (just the minimum course pack reading, none of the additional). Then at like 10am tomrrow, figure i'll take another 3 hour power nap, wake up at 1ish, go to class and take my exam. I'll get out of next exam at like 5:30 tomorrow, and I'll probably be forced to take a quick nap which I won't really have time for then, then stay up all night finishing reading/writing the 6 page paper due the next day.

So, that's my situation. Obviously not ideal, but needs to get done. Will I live? I plan on taking an abundance of caffeine etc to stay up and alert. Any tips to optimize brain function? I feel like i'm going to be so dead. Will drastically reducing my physical movement as much as possible help?

Doing that is going to actually reduce cognitive brain function tremendously, and might even backfire.

You need to make sure that if you are going to deprive yourself of sleep, that it is truly necessary in terms of studying. If you can condense studying and improve your sleep, you will see better brain function, and thus better test scores. This, however, will not work if you don't know the material to start with.

There really isn't anything else you can do besides stimulants. Make sure you are constantly feeding yourself foods that are high in protein, and low in sugar/gluten, as these will increase your fatigue over time.
Gold: 0.01
Feb 26 2014 08:43pm
I've been doing your 5x5 Plan for quite a while now and have been gaining good gains and been getting stronger and stronger, but I was always wondering whats the difference between your SS and Mark Rippetoe's SS?

Whats your opinion on his SS? Any Pros/Cons? Would you recommend it?
Gold: 0.00
Feb 26 2014 11:28pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 26 2014 06:18am)
What are your GOALS? I will give you a routine based on that.

I mean i'm just trying to get cut. Want to have a six pack, decent size biceps etc.
Feb 27 2014 09:20am
Quote (FiGi @ Feb 26 2014 10:43pm)
I've been doing your 5x5 Plan for quite a while now and have been gaining good gains and been getting stronger and stronger, but I was always wondering whats the difference between your SS and Mark Rippetoe's SS?

Whats your opinion on his SS? Any Pros/Cons? Would you recommend it?

His plan is also very good. It all depends with what works for your body. I personally have been better gains with my 5x5 plan than with his. I have tried his in the past, and although it's good, it's just not the be-all-end-all for myself.

Some people MIGHT find his plan more effective. The only way to know is to try.

However, based on years of training people, I've found that my 5x5 has offered better overall results.
Feb 27 2014 09:20am
Quote (killerz888 @ Feb 27 2014 01:28am)
I mean i'm just trying to get cut. Want to have a six pack, decent size biceps etc.

Are you able to get some more equipment? Such as an olympic bar, a bench, more weight plates, dumbbells and so forth?
Gold: 0.00
Feb 27 2014 01:22pm
Okay, so my roommate has been skinny all his life, ridiculously high metabolism.. the works.

He tried a weight gainer while working out but it made him nauseous and too full to really eat anything else half the time.

What kind of diet / workouts should he be doing to get bigger?

6 feet
~140 lbs

Gold: 1,551.68
Feb 27 2014 03:40pm
all these years later... topic still going stronk

bless your heart dude. hope life is treating you well man
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1175417551756175717582039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll