d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1175117521753175417552039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 43,801.66
Feb 19 2014 11:41am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 19 2014 02:45am)
Yes and No.

BCAA's are excellent, but also very expensive. There are times when intake of BCAA's is very strategic. An example would be upon waking, pre/intra/post workout, and before bedtime. However, to replace protein all together with BCAA's, would be a folly. The reason for this is because you would be neglecting the other aminos, as well as the necessary calories from actual protein.

I would advise using BCAA's strategically, and not replacing your protein intake with BCAA's alone.

so would it be possible to still gain muscles slowly with lots of BCAA and your fully protein requirement ? lets say i get +20gram a day of BCAA from bcaa only, not from the protein powder
Gold: 2.00
Feb 19 2014 08:24pm
what kind of program would you suggest for a female approx. bw 115 pounds looking to add definition and muscle?

This post was edited by 3atsarr0ws on Feb 19 2014 08:30pm
Gold: 0.01
Feb 19 2014 10:56pm
if ive been the same weight for a year and was working out 3 days a week
, took a month off dec 12 ish to jan 12 ish then started going 6 days a week and im still the same weight as of now
is that a problem :( shud i be eating more

also my lower back kinda has random pain (might be cause of deadlift./squats but im pretty sure my form is alright)
what are some alternatives in 1 or more exercises to accomplish the same as these
Gold: 0.00
Feb 20 2014 12:35pm
hey there raynor, is there a joint supplement you would recommend using? or is fish oil enough
Gold: 3,804.50
Feb 21 2014 08:03am
when i drink cow's milk (~16oz), i notice i dont need to take fiber to prevent constipation. is this normal, or is this a sign that i'm becoming lactose intolerant? at the moment i dont have to go to the bathroom 15 minutes later, i go at the normal time. so i dont think i'm lactose intolerant yet. it's pretty rare that i drink cow's milk. usually i use unsweet almond milk for my recipes. it's been maybe 3 years since i last drank cow's milk plain, but i do consume cheese / greek yogurt regularly
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 21 2014 10:52am
Quote (Marquina @ Feb 19 2014 01:41pm)
so would it be possible to still gain muscles slowly with lots of BCAA and your fully protein requirement ? lets say i get +20gram a day of BCAA from bcaa only, not from the protein powder

Yes that is correct. The most major component here is for you to meet your macros/calories.
Feb 21 2014 10:55am
Quote (3atsarr0ws @ Feb 19 2014 10:24pm)
what kind of program would you suggest for a female approx. bw 115 pounds looking to add definition and muscle?

Female Training Guide

Basic Guidelines –
1. Perform each rep slow and controlled, focusing on the squeeze each time.
2. If you feel pain (not a burn, but pain), stop and readjust your position or reduce the weight.
3. Take only 12-20 seconds between sets (the shorter the rest, the more calories you burn).
4. Never work out on a full stomach, eat approximately 1-1.5 hours before working out.
5. If you feel like you’re going to throw up, run cold water on the back of your head.
6. Do at least 30 minutes of strength training and 30 minutes of cardio every time you go.
7. Go to as many classes as you like, but you still need to do 30-60 mins of weights.

Note: All exercises will be performed for 5 sets each, but done in a specific way to encourage muscular failure. Begin each exercise with a 15-20 rep warm up set. Then begin your set with moderate weight and go until failure. Take 12-20 seconds, then increase the weight and go again until failure, take another 12-20 seconds, then increase the weight a 3rd time and go until failure. Then you will immediately cut the weight in half, and go until failure one last time with no break.

Monday – (chest/back/abs)

Chest Press Machine, Pec Deck, Seated Row Machine, Assisted Pullup Machine, hanging leg raises. Follow up with 30 minutes of cardio on the bike.

Tuesday – (legs/shoulders)

Hack Squat Machine, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Shoulder Press Machine, Lateral Raise Machine. Follow up with 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill.

Wednesday – (arms/abs)

E-Z bar bicep curls, Dumbbell Bicep Curls (standing), Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks, Dip Machine, Decline Situps. Follow up with 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical

Thursday – (Chest/back/shoulders)

Incline Press Machine, Dumbbell Flies, Lat Pulldowns, Cable Rows, Dumbbell Shoulder Presses, Dumbbell Shoulder Shrugs. Follow up with 30 minutes of cardio on the bike.

Friday – (arms/legs/abs)

High Bicep Curl Machine, Seated Bicep Preacher Curl, Assisted Dips, Cable Pulldowns, Leg Press Machine, Standing Calf Raises, V-Crunch Machine. Follow with 30 mins of cardio on the elliptical.

(Saturday and Sunday OFF – you can do cardio these days, but no weights)

Basic Female Fat Burning Guidelines:

- Burn more calories than you take in (for fat loss) or keep calories equal to those burned (maintenance)

- eliminate sugar and simple carbs from your diet

- reduce carbs overall, and increase protein

- eliminate fast foods and frozen foods

- eat every 2-3 hours

- drink water or diet soda only (or any sugar-free, calorie free beverage)

- drink alcohol as rarely as possible

- get at least 8 hours of sleep a night!!

- Take fat burning supplements like BSN Atrophex, GAT Jet Fuel, or Nutrex Lipo-6

Good overall foods -

Protein - Lean meats like Chicken, turkey, tuna, fish, eggs, lean beef.

Complex Carbs - Whole Grains(all of them, like whole grain breads/pasta/brown rice, etc), Vegetables, legumes.

GOOD fats - Olive Oil, Nuts, Peanut butter, fish, OMEGA 3-6-9 supplements, avocados, etc.

You are going to want to take in approx 300 calories less than you require for fat loss, equal calories taken in to burned for maintainence, and 300 calories more than needed for bulking. To figure your requirements, google BMR Calculator and figure it.

You are going to want to get about 60% from protein, 25% from carbs, and 15% from good fats. READ THE LABELS OF WHAT YOU ARE EATING and keep a FOOD JOURNAL so you can add everything up.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE EATING EVERY 2-3 HOURS (SMALL MEALS)

In addition, make sure you do at least ONE HOUR of exercise each day. Cardiovascular activity like running, jogging, swimming, playing a sport, using a cardio machine at the gym, or lifting weights WITHOUT taking breaks...are all acceptable. See the exercise guide for more info.

Female MEAL PLAN (for the 110-120 lb area)

Meal 1 - 1 bowl of Cascadian Farms Cereal (any) w/ 3/4 cup 5x Protein Almond Milk or 2% organic regular milk (250 cals)
Meal 2 - 1 fruit (apple, orange, pear, peach, nectarine, etc) + 1 oz cheese (cheese stick is good) (140 cals)
Meal 3 - 2 slices of whole grain bread + 1 can of tuna + veggies (tuna sandwich) (380 cals)
Meal 4 - handful of almonds or 1tbsp peanut butter + celery sticks + a fruit (160 cals)
Meal 5 - 1 large green salad + 4 oz chicken breast + 1tbsp olive oil + vinegar (280 cals)
Meal 6 - 1 regular serving-cup of Stonyfield Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt (any flavor) (140 cals)

This is 1,350 cals per day.

Make sure that she drinks approx 1 gal of water per day. It also also preferred to drink 1-2 cups of coffee or tea in the morning on an empty stomach about 20-30 minutes before eating breakfast. This will accelerate fat burning in the morning from fasting all night.

If she eats this, along with doing the proper exercise routine as illustrated above in the training guide, she can stand to lose around 1.5-2 lbs of fat per week.

In addition, for supplementation please see below:

Female Supplementation:

1. Multivitamin (NOW! Eve)
2. NOW! Super Omega 3-6-9 (take 2x pills 2x a day with meals)
3. Twinlab Stress-B complex (take 2 capsules 1x per day with a meal - this product also has 1g of vitamin c which is excellent)
4. NOW! Vitamin d-3 4,000 iu (take 1x per day)

Buy these supplements from Bodybuilding.com for the best price. Google for the 10% off coupon which changes periodically.
Feb 21 2014 10:56am
Quote (Haxs @ Feb 20 2014 12:56am)
if ive been the same weight for a year and was working out 3 days a week
, took a month off dec 12 ish to jan 12 ish then started going 6 days a week and im still the same weight as of now
is that a problem :( shud i be eating more

also my lower back kinda has random pain (might be cause of deadlift./squats but im pretty sure my form is alright)
what are some alternatives in 1 or more exercises to accomplish the same as these

If you aren't making gains, it's because of any of the following:

1. Improper diet (not enough macros/calories)
2. Improper lifting technique/routine
3. Not enough sleep

Please post your diet and workout routine, and let me know how much sleep you usually get.
Feb 21 2014 10:58am
Quote (Noun @ Feb 20 2014 02:35pm)
hey there raynor, is there a joint supplement you would recommend using? or is fish oil enough

Universal Animal Flex is excellent! I use that and NOW! Super Omega 3
Feb 21 2014 10:59am
Quote (carteblanche @ Feb 21 2014 10:03am)
when i drink cow's milk (~16oz), i notice i dont need to take fiber to prevent constipation. is this normal, or is this a sign that i'm becoming lactose intolerant? at the moment i dont have to go to the bathroom 15 minutes later, i go at the normal time. so i dont think i'm lactose intolerant yet. it's pretty rare that i drink cow's milk. usually i use unsweet almond milk for my recipes. it's been maybe 3 years since i last drank cow's milk plain, but i do consume cheese / greek yogurt regularly

You are probably getting sufficient fiber in your regular food diet as it is. Raw veggies, whole grains, and nuts are the best source of fiber - are you eating a lot of those?

Lactose Intolerance usually has rapid onset symptoms, so I doubt that is an issue here.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1175117521753175417552039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll