d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1174317441745174617472039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 31 2014 05:05pm
Quote (GameBox @ Jan 31 2014 03:16am)
okay, so:

Monday: Back, Biceps <-- hate it (mainly deadlift, i love the other exercises)
Tuesday: Legs, Shoulders and Abs (i like squats more than deadlifts, the other exercises on the other hand, i don't really like that much.. LOVE shoulders and abs tho)
Wednesday: Chest, Triceps (i LOOOOOVE chest! don't like triceps too much)

as you can see, there's some of the muscle groups that i enjoy more than the others, but they are splitted out on the different days.. but i believe that above is how i like it.. unsure about the back and leg day..

Wouldn't training shoulders on the day before chest/tric make the chest/tric day harder? Doesn't shoulder exercises target triceps as well? ex overhead press?

Although it would be preferable to separate shoulders from chest day, you are working on a 3 day split, which makes it difficult regardless.

Some solutions you can do.....Back/shoulders (Monday), Legs/biceps/abs (Tuesday), Chest/triceps (Wednesday).

Jan 31 2014 05:20pm
I just realized that I haven't done a "tip of the day" in a few years now. I've decided to TRY to resurrect that sort of thing, with occasional tips/recipes/etc.

Without further ado, here's the first one of hopefully many to come.

Calorie Bomb Recipe for Bulking

Generally, an easy to make, and very tasty calorie bomb consists of the following:

Bacon without nitrates (try applegate or other natural brands)
Ground beef 90/10 approximately
Whole grain pasta
Olive Oil
Tomato Sauce (preferably organic)
Romano or Parmesan cheese
Provolone Cheese

Side dish of veggies (really good to do broccoli w/ olive oil + garlic w/ this dish)

Cook the ground beef w/ the tomato sauce, and whatever seasonings you enjoy (I use cayenne pepper + basil + garlic)
Cook the whole grain pasta until chewy
Cook the bacon until it's crispy - pat the bacon dry
Mix a generous helping of pasta w/ 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil, and add the tomato sauce + beef
Add romano/parmesan cheese to taste, and mix it up.
Now, put everything into an oven safe dish, CRUMBLE the bacon on top of the pasta, add more romano/parmesan cheese on top, and some sliced provelone cheese.

Pop the dish into the oven, and BROIL for approximately 3-5 minutes at 500 degrees.

The outcome will be a melted bacon pasta bomb. It's unbelievable and a real bulking treat.

Depending on how much meat + pasta + cheese + o oil you use, it's anywhere from 1,000-3,000 calories, in one meal!

Just a note, please watch the sodium of this dish. It's best to try and use reduced sodium bacon, cheese, and sauce.

Gold: 8,000.00
Jan 31 2014 06:26pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 1 Feb 2014 00:05)
Although it would be preferable to separate shoulders from chest day, you are working on a 3 day split, which makes it difficult regardless.

Some solutions you can do.....Back/shoulders (Monday), Legs/biceps/abs (Tuesday), Chest/triceps (Wednesday).

cool, might try that..! thanks :)
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Feb 1 2014 04:48pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 31 2014 03:03pm)
That looks a lot lot a calcified and improperly set fracture.

What medical treatment did you receive for that fall?

Had no medical treatment, i simply just let it heal on it's own with some icing during the first few weeks and some simple wrist stretches to speed the healing.

Is there any way to fix it?
Gold: 82,551.50
Feb 1 2014 05:55pm
hey raynor,

i'm 82 kgs (~180 pounds) with approximately 13-14% bodyfat. i asked you quite a long time ago on how to lose bodyfat rapidly, and you tole me to go on a keto diet. i didn't strictly follow it because of lack of knowledge and probably discipline.

now my question is, i want to be at around 9-10% bodyfat by the end of may, would you still recommend using keto? if not, what else?

my workouts are currenly:

monday - chest
tuesday - legs
wednesday - arms
thursdays - shoulders
fridays - back
saturday - whatever i feel like working out (mostly lats and biceps, because i think they are lacking)
sunday - rest

no cardio atm.

for food i currently have:

breakfast - oatmeal + skimmed mild + 1 banana + half a handful of almonds + ("a few") mixed seeds
breakfast 2 - 4 egg whites + 3 eggs
lunch: 300g chicken breast + green veg (mostly broccoli) + 1,5 sweet potato
pre workout: 1 protein shake with bcaa's and ~4g creatine
post workout: 1 protein shake (2 scoops) + ~4g creatine + 1 banana
dinner: 300g chicken breast + green veg + 1,5 sweet potato
before bed i have a casein protein shake

apart from the bodyfat reduction question, any other recommendations to my current routine?

thank you very much!

edit: oh and i've done some research on keto, they all say i should not go lower than 20% caloric deficit, is that true?

and you can maybe help me out even further, i am a student and don't really do alot all day except for going to uni and work out, what would be my required caloric intake for maintenance? (i figured it would be at around 2,5k cals?)

This post was edited by HonorNgLory on Feb 1 2014 06:00pm
Gold: Locked
Feb 1 2014 07:54pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 1 2014 01:20am)
I just realized that I haven't done a "tip of the day" in a few years now. I've decided to TRY to resurrect that sort of thing, with occasional tips/recipes/etc.

Without further ado, here's the first one of hopefully many to come.

Calorie Bomb Recipe for Bulking

Generally, an easy to make, and very tasty calorie bomb consists of the following:

Bacon without nitrates (try applegate or other natural brands)
Ground beef 90/10 approximately
Whole grain pasta
Olive Oil
Tomato Sauce (preferably organic)
Romano or Parmesan cheese
Provolone Cheese

Side dish of veggies (really good to do broccoli w/ olive oil + garlic w/ this dish)

Cook the ground beef w/ the tomato sauce, and whatever seasonings you enjoy (I use cayenne pepper + basil + garlic)
Cook the whole grain pasta until chewy
Cook the bacon until it's crispy - pat the bacon dry
Mix a generous helping of pasta w/ 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil, and add the tomato sauce + beef
Add romano/parmesan cheese to taste, and mix it up.
Now, put everything into an oven safe dish, CRUMBLE the bacon on top of the pasta, add more romano/parmesan cheese on top, and some sliced provelone cheese.

Pop the dish into the oven, and BROIL for approximately 3-5 minutes at 500 degrees.

The outcome will be a melted bacon pasta bomb. It's unbelievable and a real bulking treat.

Depending on how much meat + pasta + cheese + o oil you use, it's anywhere from 1,000-3,000 calories, in one meal!

Just a note, please watch the sodium of this dish. It's best to try and use reduced sodium bacon, cheese, and sauce.

should i break the dish into 10 even portions?
so not to take in too much protein at once and lose the benefit / not to get too much fat from eating it all in 1 sitting
Feb 2 2014 12:18am
Quote (Massage @ Feb 1 2014 06:48pm)
Had no medical treatment, i simply just let it heal on it's own with some icing during the first few weeks and some simple wrist stretches to speed the healing.

Is there any way to fix it?

I don't want to alarm you, but you need to see a doctor and get an xray done ASAP.

Assuming it was a fracture that did not heal correctly, surgery will be required to cut and set the bone properly.
Feb 2 2014 12:20am
Quote (Lightman @ Feb 1 2014 09:54pm)
should i break the dish into 10 even portions?
so not to take in too much protein at once and lose the benefit / not to get too much fat from eating it all in 1 sitting

On a dirty bulk, you can break the dish into as many portions as the size of the "casserole" that you make.

Assuming it was only a 6-8oz portion of meat w/ 2-3 cups of pasta, you can have at in one sitting.

This would vary by individual, but in general if you are bulking, just hit the macros you're looking for and save the rest for later - however you already knew that ;)
Feb 2 2014 01:18pm
Quote (HonorNgLory @ Feb 1 2014 07:55pm)
hey raynor,

i'm 82 kgs (~180 pounds) with approximately 13-14% bodyfat. i asked you quite a long time ago on how to lose bodyfat rapidly, and you tole me to go on a keto diet. i didn't strictly follow it because of lack of knowledge and probably discipline.

now my question is, i want to be at around 9-10% bodyfat by the end of may, would you still recommend using keto? if not, what else? Yes - Keto is the most effective way to lose fat rapidly and be able to rebound strength quickly after returning to a normal diet

my workouts are currenly:

monday - chest
tuesday - legs
wednesday - arms
thursdays - shoulders
fridays - back
saturday - whatever i feel like working out (mostly lats and biceps, because i think they are lacking)
sunday - rest

no cardio atm. Add at LEAST 30 minutes of HIIT cardio per day post-workout

for food i currently have:
breakfast - 1 cup cooked oatmeal + 6 oz skim milk + 1/2 banana + half a handful of almonds
breakfast 2 - 4 egg whites + 3 whole eggs
lunch: 300g chicken breast + green veg (mostly broccoli) + 1/2 sweet potato
pre workout: 1 protein shake with bcaa's and ~4g creatine
post workout: 1 protein shake (2 scoops) + ~4g creatine + 1 banana
dinner: 300g chicken breast + green veg + 1/2 sweet potato
before bed i have a casein protein shake

I made some basic modifications to the above diet to better serve you for cutting if you choose NOT to do a keto diet

apart from the bodyfat reduction question, any other recommendations to my current routine?

Just make sure when you train the above muscle groups that you do so at a cardio pace...meaning, less rest between sets, more exertion, more failures, and so forth

thank you very much!

edit: oh and i've done some research on keto, they all say i should not go lower than 20% caloric deficit, is that true?

That is correct...lower than 20% deficit can negative effect keto...although you have nothing to worry about, because a 2,000 calorie maintenance diet, 20% would be 400 calories less. Remember, you are figuring 20% under BMR calories, not 20% under total calories (exercise included)

and you can maybe help me out even further, i am a student and don't really do alot all day except for going to uni and work out, what would be my required caloric intake for maintenance? (i figured it would be at around 2,5k cals?)

Just look up a BMR calculator, and figure it for "mild" activity - do not consider the time you work out to figure into your BMR for cutting - only for bulking

In case you didn't notice, all answers are in bold above

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Feb 2 2014 01:18pm
Gold: 82,551.50
Feb 2 2014 02:06pm
thanks alot raynor!
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1174317441745174617472039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll