d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1173717381739174017412039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 20 2014 02:59pm
Quote (GameBox @ Jan 20 2014 08:39am)
she does have many allergies..
she can't eat anything with milk in it.. it's not lactose, it's some kind of protein in it that her body can't take..

so it's a dead end? nothing will make her better?

also, she's complaining about her body all the time.. "it hurts here and there" mainly her back/shoulders, but also her feet.. i guess that has something to do with her low physical activity?

I think you need to get her to a psychiatrist and go from there. Her problems are most likely caused by a mental/emotional component and thus made worse by inactivity and poor diet.
Jan 20 2014 03:00pm
Quote (GetSpanked @ Jan 20 2014 12:36pm)
What's your thoughts on taking pre workout?

Should I stop doing it?

I recommend caffeine as a pre-workout, that's it. Plain black coffee, or a caffeine pill like GAT Jet Fuel, would be a good choice. Preworkout formulas with lots of artificial ingredients are not recommended because of potential long term effects, as well as high cost.
Gold: 20,142.63
Jan 21 2014 02:41pm
Hey Raynor

I am out of fish oil and was about to order NOW! which I usually go with but came across this deal:

http://www.puritan.com/bargain-bin-127/one-day-omega-3-fish-oil-l-019250?ssl=1&&scid=4150&cmp=ls-_-default-_-text&siteid=lw9MynSeamY-sb8NMKif_2ACKJCSWABm9g

Is this stuff trash or should I stock up while its super cheap? I'm thinking im getting plenty of 6-9 as im on keto diet, so having only omega-3 shouldn't be a problem.

Gold: 38,115.35
Jan 21 2014 03:53pm
What are some good exercises for increasing shoulder flexibility? And how much should I do each day etc.

I've been holding a belt with straight arms and rolling my shoulders from the front to the back about 4-5 days each week for over a month (keeping it up for about 10 minutes, then doing some neck stretches for about 5).

I need more flexibility to perform the snatch properly.
Jan 21 2014 04:36pm
Quote (exonerated @ Jan 21 2014 04:41pm)
Hey Raynor

I am out of fish oil and was about to order NOW! which I usually go with but came across this deal:

http://www.puritan.com/bargain-bin-127/one-day-omega-3-fish-oil-l-019250?ssl=1&&scid=4150&cmp=ls-%5F-default-%5F-text&siteid=lw9MynSeamY-sb8NMKif%5F2ACKJCSWABm9g

Is this stuff trash or should I stock up while its super cheap?  I'm thinking im getting plenty of 6-9 as im on keto diet, so having only omega-3 shouldn't be a problem.

That should be fine, I don't see any issues with this product.
Jan 21 2014 04:38pm
Quote (Dragon_Reborn @ Jan 21 2014 05:53pm)
What are some good exercises for increasing shoulder flexibility? And how much should I do each day etc.

I've been holding a belt with straight arms and rolling my shoulders from the front to the back about 4-5 days each week for over a month (keeping it up for about 10 minutes, then doing some neck stretches for about 5).

I need more flexibility to perform the snatch properly.

You need to do some Pass Throughs (a type of stretch) as well as Deep Cleans (another stretch).

It's fairly difficult to explain these, so instead I did a quick google search for some pictures and found this for you:

http://www.allthingsgym.com/upper-body-stretches-for-olympic-weightlifting/

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Good luck!
Gold: 1,093.37
Jan 22 2014 09:04am
Wow lots of good info in this thread/forum. I recently started lifting again and attempting to do a little cardio at the same time but just enough to keep me from getting out if breath while I'm lifting lol.. The last 3-4 years haven't been good to me. I got a membership at a local planet fitness, it's the only gym around aside from the Y that I know of.

I have kind of been going at it blind the last two weeks, I'll work my arms all the way around, lats and abs/glutes then hit the tread mill for 15-20 minutes to let my upper body cool down a bit, then do it again.

Why does everyone always concentrate on certain areas of the body on certain days? Is there something wrong with what I'm doing? I work full time 60-80hrs a week and I work out before work so I can't go too crazy and be sore and wore out all day. I have been keeping myself in a constant state of soreness but it's not that bad. A buddy of mine recommended I take a pre workout supplement called c4, and after the gym session take protein. I've done protein before years ago but never the pre workout stuff. He gave me a bottle of the c4 stuff yesterday and it really seemed to give me some energy, all day, and I spent a solid 2 1/2 hrs in the gym instead of the normal 1.5-2. Would you recommend any certain kind of supplement? From what I understand the creatine helps rebuild muscles and keeps them from getting sore, so if I can lift more and not get sore that would be pretty awesome.

I'm going to keep browsing some of the info, there's quite a few pages so it might take a few days haha.. I'll let you know if I have any more questions.
Jan 22 2014 03:00pm
Quote (mykromisfit @ Jan 22 2014 11:04am)
Wow lots of good info in this thread/forum. I recently started lifting again and attempting to do a little cardio at the same time but just enough to keep me from getting out if breath while I'm lifting lol.. The last 3-4 years haven't been good to me. I got a membership at a local planet fitness, it's the only gym around aside from the Y that I know of.

I have kind of been going at it blind the last two weeks, I'll work my arms all the way around, lats and abs/glutes then hit the tread mill for 15-20 minutes to let my upper body cool down a bit, then do it again.

Why does everyone always concentrate on certain areas of the body on certain days? Is there something wrong with what I'm doing? I work full time 60-80hrs a week and I work out before work so I can't go too crazy and be sore and wore out all day. I have been keeping myself in a constant state of soreness but it's not that bad. A buddy of mine recommended I take a pre workout supplement called c4, and after the gym session take protein. I've done protein before years ago but never the pre workout stuff. He gave me a bottle of the c4 stuff yesterday and it really seemed to give me some energy, all day, and I spent a solid 2 1/2 hrs in the gym instead of the normal 1.5-2. Would you recommend any certain kind of supplement? From what I understand the creatine helps rebuild muscles and keeps them from getting sore, so if I can lift more and not get sore that would be pretty awesome.

I'm going to keep browsing some of the info, there's quite a few pages so it might take a few days haha.. I'll let you know if I have any more questions.

Hey there.

OK well let's start here...

What are your goals? How many days and how much time do you have to dedicate to the gym per week?

What is your height/weight/age and body fat %?
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 22 2014 06:44pm
Question about injury
I sprained my wrist about 5 months ago and I would say it's healed about 95% or so? It hasn't progressed since though. I have 97% full range of motion. The only thing I have trouble is extending my hand back far will hurt a little.
There is also a bump where the knuckle of the wrist is that hasn't gone away for months.

What should I do about this? I can't go to doctors, don't have insurance atm :(

I heard wrist sprains only last a month or so yet mine has been 5+ months of healing and seems to have stopped healing.
Gold: 1,093.37
Jan 22 2014 09:48pm
Haha sorry I should have started with that info!

I'm 28, 5' 9", and I weigh in at 194 right now(when I first started I haven't weighed myself in over a week)

If I plug the numbers into a bmi calculator it says 28.6, but I'm not sure if that's what your asking for.

My goal is to get rid of the fat. For right now I would be happy if I could get down to 15-20% body fat, maybe less after that but it will just depend on how things are going in life when I get that far, it might take awhile.

I've pretty much made it a point to go work out every day except today for the last week and a half or so. I'm going at 5am when I get off work with a friend. I think 4-5 days a week will be doable and I think I can spare 1-3 hours a day on it, that's what I've been doing so far.

I am not trying to overdo it but so far I'm feeling pretty good about the way the schedule is working out so I think I can keep it up.

The main goal is to lose my gut, even if I don't have a 6 pack I don't want to look down and see a beer belly, I don't even drink. But eventually I want to start bulking my arms, and I need the stamina to lift without running out of breath and having my heart rate shoot up to 200, so cardio is on the backburner but I still need to do some, I would like to be able to run a mile without feeling like I'm gonna pass out or have a heart attack. As it is I can only run for a little over half a mile at a time.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1173717381739174017412039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll