d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1173417351736173717382039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 14 2014 05:52pm
Quote (Marquina @ Jan 14 2014 03:03pm)
what is your point of view on these vitamin pills and protein powder.
http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html (PROTEIN WHEY)
http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/micellar-casein/10798909.html ( CASEIN)
http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/daily-vitamins/10530076.html ( VITAMINS)
my question is
are these vitamins good enough for a full daily use? i mean do they cover it all 100 % and even more?

at the moment i use animal pak which is insane ^^ but they are so pricy and theres like 8 pills to swallow and theyre huge..
whats ur thoughs on this myprotein place? its very cheap imo, but is it quality? i usually buy optinum nutrition etc but the price is high and im on low budget atm.

The only problem with the protein is that it contains sucralose. I'm strongly opposed to artificial sweeteners. I would recommend you look into either Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex Natural, Gold Standard Natural, or NOW! Whey protein.

As far as the vitamins go, those are very weak. I would recommend going with NOW! Adam if you want a great multi, and only have to take 2x per day.

Lastly, the site itself is a UK site. I'm not personally familiar with it, but a quick google check revealed mixed reviews in the 7.xx of 10.00 area.
Gold: 43,801.66
Jan 14 2014 05:57pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 15 2014 12:52am)
The only problem with the protein is that it contains sucralose. I'm strongly opposed to artificial sweeteners. I would recommend you look into either Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex Natural, Gold Standard Natural, or NOW! Whey protein.

As far as the vitamins go, those are very weak. I would recommend going with NOW! Adam if you want a great multi, and only have to take 2x per day.

Lastly, the site itself is a UK site. I'm not personally familiar with it, but a quick google check revealed mixed reviews in the 7.xx of 10.00 area.

so besides this sucalose, is it all good? can it be used during cuts? because its cheap 5kg for 100$ where its optinum is 100$for 2kg or so close xD
Jan 14 2014 06:18pm
Quote (Marquina @ Jan 14 2014 07:57pm)
so besides this sucalose, is it all good? can it be used during cuts? because its cheap 5kg for 100$ where its optinum is 100$for 2kg or so close xD

Yes it's otherwise fine.
Gold: 3,008.00
Jan 14 2014 08:23pm
Hi Raynor
I was wondering if you can give me advice on my supp atm,
This is the creatine im taking
After the gym i take this
i went with a weight gainer because i normally dont eat after i workout because of school/work

and this is my vitamin

Reason why I have so much Arnold stuff is because im a mp/arnold fan it was pretty cheap buy one get one half off and 30%
thanks
Gold: 285.01
Jan 14 2014 10:06pm
hey.

My training has been going well recently. However i have found the hardest thing for me to add mass or any sort of definition to is my calves. Was wondering if you had any programs specific to people having problems with this. Like a smolovs for calves kinda thing

Also, i have been looking to increase my vertical jump and jumps in general. Was wondering if you recommend plyo training or somethin else. And if so, if you have any programs for that.

Thanks a bunch!
Jan 14 2014 10:07pm
Quote (noodles4eva @ Jan 14 2014 10:23pm)
Hi Raynor
I was wondering if you can give me advice on my supp atm,
This is the creatine  im takinghttp://www.hardsupplements.com/images/products/1555.jpg
After the gym i take thishttp://store.lockoutforums.com/images/pGNC1-16444537dt.jpg
i went with a weight gainer because i normally dont eat after i workout because of school/work

and this is my vitamin http://store.bbcomcdn.com/deploy/images/brands/arnold-schwarzenegger-series/iron-pack/Arnold_IronPack_03.jpg

Reason why I have so much Arnold stuff is because im a mp/arnold fan it was pretty cheap buy one get one half off and 30%
thanks

As much as I love Arnold...his products are shoddy at best. They typically have a lot of artificial ingredients, and the overall composition of each product is average. As far as creatine nitrate, I don't advise taking this because of the potential long term effects of nitrates. As far as the vitamins go, they lack a lot of micros that other vitamins provide. Lastly, the weight gainer has OK ingredients, but again artificial sweetener and flavor. I would stick to the tried and true for now, and avoid these products in the future.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 15 2014 01:29pm
hey raynor, looking to bulk up some more then cut for the summer

im 6'0, last time i weighed myself i was 160 but its been a couple weeks (dont have a scale)

155 bench x3
225 DL x5
205 squat x5

been looking at wendlers for bulking up as before ive pretty much just done my own thing at the gym but wanna get serious about it

i would really appreciate some feedback on how to bulk up quickly and a how to do a proper cut when its time :)
Gold: 2,065.70
Jan 15 2014 02:43pm
Yo Raynor

This is more of a health question. Anyways, been getting an upset stomach (inbetween wanting to throw up or shit myself, it's a mix between the two feelings but neither actually happen).

Pretty much just stomach discomfort about an hour after eating, it's happened the past 3 days after my first meal of the day. Any idea what it could be?

Feels like I want to throw up or take a dump at the same time, but I don't have to do either. Don't think I'm constipated as I'm pretty regular.
Jan 15 2014 05:29pm
Quote (tidus_ffx2 @ Jan 15 2014 12:06am)
hey.

My training has been going well recently. However i have found the hardest thing for me to add mass or any sort of definition to is my calves. Was wondering if you had any programs specific to people having problems with this. Like a smolovs for calves kinda thing

Also, i have been looking to increase my vertical jump and jumps in general. Was wondering if you recommend plyo training or somethin else. And if so, if you have any programs for that.

Thanks a bunch!

Calf size is MOSTLY genetic and also directly correlated to long term weight endurance. This means, heavier individuals tend to have much larger calves, as they have to support large amounts of weight throughout the day as they walk. Heavier people who play sports tend to have the largest calves of all, without ever even training them at the gym.

However, even stubborn calves can be forced to grow with enough persistence. For someone like myself, who has disproportionately small calves, I'm forced to train them 3x per week, as a special 1-hour calf workout in addition to my normal 5 day routine. In other words, I conduct a normal 5 day routine, including legs day. In addition to that, I also train calves by themselves on a second workout, 3 days a week.

The training looks like this:

(All sets performed hypertrophy style, starting with a light 15-20 rep warmup, and then moving into a 6 set double breakdown)

Sample set:

Warmup: 15-20 reps light weight with good stretch
Set 1: 15 reps, maximum possible weight, fail, and immediately perform at least 5 more reps after failing
(rest 30 seconds)
Set 2: 12 reps, maximum possible weight, fail, and immediately perform at least 4 more reps after failing
(rest 30 seconds)
Set 3: 10 reps, maximum possible weight, fail, and immediately perform at least 3 more reps after failing
(rest 60 seconds)
Set 4: 8 reps, maximum possible weight, fail, and immediately perform at least 2 more reps after failing
(NO REST)
set 5: As many reps as possible with 50% of set 4 weight, fail, and immediately perform at least 4 more reps after failing
(NO REST)
set 6: As many reps as possible with 50% of set 5 weight, fail, and immediately perform at least 4 more reps after failing

You will do the following exercises with that style:

Standing calf raises
Seated calf raises
Donkey calf raises
Leg-Press calf raises
DB Calf Raises

You must train calves 3x per week as their own independent workout. In addition, try to engage the calves as much as possible on your own - ie: Calf Raises on stairs, walking on your toes as much as possible, and so forth.

Good luck!
Jan 15 2014 05:32pm
Quote (Clicquot @ Jan 15 2014 03:29pm)
hey raynor, looking to bulk up some more then cut for the summer

im 6'0, last time i weighed myself i was 160 but its been a couple weeks (dont have a scale)

155 bench x3
225 DL x5
205 squat x5

been looking at wendlers for bulking up as before ive pretty much just done my own thing at the gym but wanna get serious about it

i would really appreciate some feedback on how to bulk up quickly and a how to do a proper cut when its time :)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=396548696
Bulking Diet, workout, and supplement guide
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1173417351736173717382039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll