d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1172617271728172917302039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Dec 26 2013 09:04pm
Quote (d3yek @ Dec 25 2013 01:28pm)
thank you. one last question

stubborn accessories being like dumbbell chest press(inclinr) after compound flat?  normal accessories being like flies?

Stubborn accessories being accessory muscle groups that have difficulty growing.

normal accessories being accessory muscle groups that have no problem growing.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 27 2013 01:26am
First question: Should I do bicep curls every day? Or would that do more bad than good?

Second question: Do you have like a workout plan? I'm not really sure on types of workouts so all I really do is bicep curl>diamond push ups>bicep curl>regular push ups>bicep curls. I don't really have a lot of equipment, my dad has a home workout system type thing but I'm only ever at his house every other weekend. At my moms house all I have is a couple of low weight dumbbells and I stick those in my backpack and use that for curls and wear it when doing push ups.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Gold: 8,000.00
Dec 27 2013 07:33am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 27 Dec 2013 04:03)
Perform all large muscle group (chest/back/quads/hams) exercises in 5x5 format. For all other exercises, perform 8-10 reps of medium/heavy weight for 5 sets, going up in weight each set.

Day 1 (Chest/Tris) - Bench Press, Incline Bench Press, Decline Bench Press, Close-Grip Bench Press, Skullcrushers, Close-Grip Dips

Day 2 (Back/Bis) - Deadlifts, Bent Over BB rows or T-Bar Rows, Weighted Pull-ups or Lat Pulldowns, Olympic Bar Curls, E-Z Preacher Curls, Alternating DB Curls

Day 3 (Legs/Shoulders) - Squats, Leg Press, Calf Raises, Military Press, Front Raises, BB Shrugs

Granted this is for FUNCTIONALITY, not aesthetics.

I recommend that on all of these sets you perform each rep slowly and with control. Maintain good form, and avoid cheating unless you are trying to build more volume at the end of each set.

You MUST push yourself with these exercises. You are going to be going heavy and really cranking out each rep as if your life depends on it.

As far as your shoulders go, you will have to explain better. Is it just your posture you're talking about? Or is there some actual factual physiological issue going on?

i'm not sure, actually. it feels like it is an actual factual physiological issue.. like, when i do shoulder exercises, i feel like there is a difference.. or for example chin-ups

when doing deadlifts, should i change the grip from time to time? i've been holding my hands the same every time i do it. (both palms facing forward, which drag my shoulders forward?) maybe i should switch grip?

what do you think about this routine?

Monday: (Chest/Shoulders/Tricep (Push)) BB Bench Press, BB Incline Bench Press, Machine Fly, DB Pullover, BB Shoulder Press, BB Shrug, DB Lateral Raise, Lying BB Triceps Extension, Cable Triceps Pushdown
Tuesday: (Leg/Back/Bicep (Pull)) BB Squat, BB Deadlift, Leg Extension, Leg Curls, BB Bent Over Row, Lat Pulldown, DB One Arm Row, BB Bicep Curl, Cable Hammer Curls
Thursday: Push
Friday: Pull

How many Rep/Set should i do for each exercise?
How would you chance any of these exercises?
I marked the exercises i love to do in bold

I've been doing full body workouts 3 times every week. i feel like working out one muscle group every week is too little..

This post was edited by GameBox on Dec 27 2013 07:43am
Gold: 3,804.50
Dec 27 2013 07:06pm
i want to make dried pinto/black beans in the slow cooker for ~10 hours on low. should i pre-soak them overnight or not? i've read conflicting information. some say presoaking removes undigestable stuff, others say it removes nutrients, and others say there's no point presoaking it if it's gonna cook for 10 hours.

This post was edited by carteblanche on Dec 27 2013 07:18pm
Dec 27 2013 10:55pm
Quote (killerz888 @ Dec 27 2013 03:26am)
First question: Should I do bicep curls every day? Or would that do more bad than good?

Second question: Do you have like a workout plan? I'm not really sure on types of workouts so all I really do is bicep curl>diamond push ups>bicep curl>regular push ups>bicep curls. I don't really have a lot of equipment, my dad has a home workout system type thing but I'm only ever at his house every other weekend. At my moms house all I have is a couple of low weight dumbbells and I stick those in my backpack and use that for curls and wear it when doing push ups.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I wouldn't do any particular exercise every single day. For stubborn muscle groups, you can hit them 2-3 times per week, maximum.

Use this:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=331731288
Bodyweight exercises

get back to me and let me know all the equipment you have available to you, as well as how much weight.
Dec 27 2013 11:00pm
Quote (GameBox @ Dec 27 2013 09:33am)
i'm not sure, actually. it feels like it is an actual factual physiological issue.. like, when i do shoulder exercises, i feel like there is a difference.. or for example chin-ups

when doing deadlifts, should i change the grip from time to time? i've  been holding my hands the same every time i do it. (both palms facing forward, which drag my shoulders forward?) maybe i should switch grip?

what do you think about this routine?

Monday: (Chest/Shoulders/Tricep (Push)) BB Bench Press, BB Incline Bench Press, Machine Fly, DB Pullover, BB Shoulder Press, BB Shrug, DB Lateral Raise, Lying BB Triceps Extension, Cable Triceps Pushdown
Tuesday: (Leg/Back/Bicep (Pull)) BB Squat, BB Deadlift, Leg Extension, Leg Curls, BB Bent Over Row, Lat Pulldown, DB One Arm Row, BB Bicep Curl, Cable Hammer Curls
Thursday: Push
Friday: Pull

How many Rep/Set should i do for each exercise?
How would you chance any of these exercises?
I marked the exercises i love to do in bold

I've been doing full body workouts 3 times every week. i feel like working out one muscle group every week is too little..

If you notice that your shoulders are rolling forward during shoulder exercises, this could be a sign of weak trapezius muscles. Is there any pain associated with doing the exercises?

Secondly, for deadlifts, you can stick to whatever grip you are comfortable with. I personally use the over/under grip.

You should do 5x5 for all the power/compound exercises and 15/12/10/8/6 with all other exercises.

Another thing to consider, if you do have significantly weak traps, you are going to need to aggressively hit shrugs, both front and side shrugs. If we determine that is your problem, you are going to do 15-20 sets of both side and front SHRUGS at least 2-3x per week (in addition to your regular routine). Also you will make sure to pay very close attention to your form and hold each shrug at the top for a full second and let it down for another full second. Do not roll your shoulders during the shrug, but rather feel the trap swell and push forward, as if you are shrugging from saying "I don't know."
Dec 27 2013 11:01pm
Quote (carteblanche @ Dec 27 2013 09:06pm)
i want to make dried pinto/black beans in the slow cooker for ~10 hours on low. should i pre-soak them overnight or not? i've read conflicting information. some say presoaking removes undigestable stuff, others say it removes nutrients, and others say there's no point presoaking it if it's gonna cook for 10 hours.

No need to presoak if you're doing a slow-cook. Pre-soaking is for making the beans able to be cooked rapidly.
Dec 27 2013 11:05pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 27 2013 09:55pm)
I wouldn't do any particular exercise every single day. For stubborn muscle groups, you can hit them 2-3 times per week, maximum.

Use this:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=331731288
Bodyweight exercises

get back to me and let me know all the equipment you have available to you, as well as how much weight.

I have a 8lb dumbbell and a 10lb dumbbell as well as a backpack and some textbooks. I've been looking to buy either an Olympic bar or a set of adjustable dumbbells, which one do you think would be better? I don't really have that much funds so I can't buy too much equipment. Where do you think would be the best place to buy equipment, amazon, walmart, or?
Dec 28 2013 10:58am
Quote (killerz888 @ Dec 28 2013 01:05am)
I have a 8lb dumbbell and a 10lb dumbbell as well as a backpack and some textbooks. I've been looking to buy either an Olympic bar or a set of adjustable dumbbells, which one do you think would be better? I don't really have that much funds so I can't buy too much equipment. Where do you think would be the best place to buy equipment, amazon, walmart, or?

If you can afford it, it would be much better to get a gym membership (around $20 / month). If you consider that is around $140 / yr, that is much cheaper than buying your own equipment, which would cost easily a few hundred dollars for even the most basic equipment.

Is joining a gym possible for you?
Dec 28 2013 04:03pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 28 2013 09:58am)
If you can afford it, it would be much better to get a gym membership (around $20 / month). If you consider that is around $140 / yr, that is much cheaper than buying your own equipment, which would cost easily a few hundred dollars for even the most basic equipment.

Is joining a gym possible for you?

Ya I think that would be possible. I work on Mondays and Thursdays though so I doubt I would be able to workout on those days.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1172617271728172917302039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll