d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1171117121713171417152039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.01
Oct 30 2013 02:24pm
Of the three things you posted about what it could be i know obviously shin splints arent serious. But how serious are the other two? I've had fractures before but never a stress fracture that i know of. And from what i googled about compartment syndrome it could be anything from next-to-nothing to being very serious and needing my leg cut off if it worsens.

So im unsure what to think.
Gold: 1,303.00
Oct 30 2013 08:32pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 29 2013 09:52pm)
I don't know who that is.

However, you are already on target. Are your TDEE numbers configured to reflect exercise? Or without? On non training days you need FAR fewer carbs than on training days. Also, on training days, more protein is required. Total calories on training days should be increased (obviously).

That being said, assuming you are ~2800 cals when TDEE is 3144, you will see a slow cut occur, which is optimal.

Exactly what you said in reference to carbs. Manipulate them ONLY in order to achieve more cutting. Fat/Protein need not be reduced in favor of carbs. Keep up the good work!

To the disbelievers who say all macros are equal when cutting, please attempt a 10/80/10 of p/c/f with 500 less calories than your TDEE and lets see how that works out.

Lightman is your arch enemy. He basically disagrees with nearly everything you say and basically believes most of your methods are old school and are not backed by scientific evidence, and he is a firm believer in iifym. He also hates on you for never uploading new pictures assuming you've gotten really fat or scrawny. Lightman hates you and you should hate Lightman.

You are quite the topic for some people in our forum, lol.
Gold: 290.70
Oct 30 2013 08:54pm
Quote (tommyd323 @ Oct 31 2013 02:32am)
Lightman is your arch enemy. He basically disagrees with nearly everything you say and basically believes most of your methods are old school and are not backed by scientific evidence, and he is a firm believer in iifym. He also hates on you for never uploading new pictures assuming you've gotten really fat or scrawny. Lightman hates you and you should hate Lightman.

I highly doubt lightman has much of any feelings for Raynor.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 31 2013 02:02pm
Quote (Shekkie @ Oct 29 2013 11:49pm)
Awesome thank you!
would alternating between your suggested rep scheme and heavier lifts with very little rest in between each set also be beneficial?

It can be! Give it a shot.
Oct 31 2013 02:04pm
Quote (tidus_ffx2 @ Oct 30 2013 03:26pm)
Almo

Almost immediately after seeing this I biked and swam yesterday. No pain. Just got back from running and there was slight pain. No where near as much. Unsure  if it was just lingering pain or somethin else. Do you recommend getting an x ray or getting it checked out?

It can't hurt to get it x-rayed, which at the least will give you closure.

At this point, continue what we discussed and you should be good to go.

If the xray reveals any type of fracture, you will need to see an orthopedist.
Oct 31 2013 02:07pm
Quote (tidus_ffx2 @ Oct 30 2013 04:24pm)
Of the three things you posted about what it could be i know obviously shin splints arent serious. But how serious are the other two? I've had fractures before but never a stress fracture that i know of. And from what i googled about compartment syndrome it could be anything from next-to-nothing to being very serious and needing my leg cut off if it worsens.

So im unsure what to think.

Don't worry about it right now. Based on your symptoms, it seems that your condition is minor. There are varying degrees of both stress fractures and compartment syndrome - both of which can be easily diagnosed. Start with Xrays and go from there.
Oct 31 2013 02:10pm
Quote (tommyd323 @ Oct 30 2013 10:32pm)

Quote (Afficionado @ Oct 30 2013 10:54pm)
I highly doubt lightman has much of any feelings for Raynor.

I don't know him, and have never heard of him except in passing by members in the thread.

I also do not monitor or view other threads in the forum unless members directly link me to them, asking for assistance.

I am indeed of the "old school" but mostly because the methods I stick to are ones that have been extensively tested, studied, and proven. Newer methodology may or may not work, and may or may not be a good idea over time. However, the premise with various new styles of training tend to be anecdotal and lack credible research under controlled environments.
Gold: 285.01
Oct 31 2013 02:11pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 31 2013 03:04pm)
It can't hurt to get it x-rayed, which at the least will give you closure.

At this point, continue what we discussed and you should be good to go.

If the xray reveals any type of fracture, you will need to see an orthopedist.

Pretty much what i need lol. Never really been injured before other than some freak accident like 8 years ago, so its odd.

Will do though thank you

Gold: 82,551.50
Nov 2 2013 02:22am
hey raynor!

just 2 quick questions:

how is the protein is consume used by the body? is the protein i eat after a workout used more effectively for building muscle or does it not matter if i eat the protein pre or post workout? i just can't really imagine that protein i eat for breakfast i used as well as protein i have right after a workout, pls explain :D

and secondly, i know you don't think highly of fat burners ... so i use them and my friend told me that i should use them 1 week and then take 1 week off becasuse they have diminishing marginal effectivity basically, is that true?

thanks alot! hope you're having a good day
Gold: 8,911.32
Nov 2 2013 11:59am
just came here to say a quick thanks to you raynor for the program you gave me a little bit more than 2 months ago. i kept going to the gym 5-6 times a week and i'm seeing great improvements both physically and mentally! :)
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1171117121713171417152039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll