d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Motivation Thread For The Next Year Of Fitness > Pictures
Prev1161718192092Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 4.00
Warn: 60%
Feb 14 2011 06:58pm
good stuff I also support this aids free movement. Nice work keep it up
Gold: 87.99
Warn: 100%
Feb 14 2011 08:19pm
Quote (Morholt @ Jan 1 2011 02:05pm)
You can speak for yourself, but you can't speak for everyone.

My entire life I've been told, "you can't, you can't, it's impossible, you'll never succeed."  However, I disagree and continue to do stuff that people would never imagine being real.  My whole life, I've just been saying, "F*** you!"  The feeling...it's euphoric and drives me to do more.

When I first started posting here I laid out some high goals and a lot of people said impossible.  Guess what...I'm knocking on the door.
The doubt was all that I needed.

Telling someone they can't do something will be received as hateful words.

Sorry but that is down right stupid.

One should never need any extra stimulus or action to cause them to want to be the best they can possibly be; If you do, you are only being held back by others. Every ounce of motivation required to achieve greatness is fully capable of being conjured up from within.

One quote that my father has always tried to instill in me is:
Dont try to be better than anyone else, rather, try to be better than you were the day before.

Setting limits based on anothers perspective is stupid
Gold: 450.00
Feb 15 2011 10:43am
Gold: 92,566.69
Warn: 10%
Feb 15 2011 10:49am
Quote (Gila @ Feb 14 2011 07:43pm)
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1795/notreality.png

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/6873/fightclubm.jpg

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6316/getyourselftogether.jpg

first 1 was great...
Gold: 120,593.01
Feb 15 2011 12:13pm
Quote (Da_PkEr @ Feb 14 2011 10:19pm)
Sorry but that is down right stupid.

One should never need any extra stimulus or action to cause them to want to be the best they can possibly be; If you do, you are only being held back by others. Every ounce of motivation required to achieve greatness is fully capable of being conjured up from within.

One quote that my father has always tried to instill in me is:
Dont try to be better than anyone else, rather, try to be better than you were the day before.

Setting limits based on anothers perspective is stupid
You just may actually be retarded...
that whole thing you quoted was about saying to NOT let others set limits for you.

That desire to exceed what others say you can't do comes from the fire WITHIN you.

If you don't see something/someone to surpass, you don't have anything to aim to achieve and surpass. If you just say better than yesterday, that better may be a very small improvement, rather than having the desire to improve by leaps and bounds. Your better may be good, but my better is better than your better.
Gold: 3.00
Feb 15 2011 02:10pm
Some quotes, I realize this is a visual thread but I learned that some quotes also motivate:

Nike (along with many others) does an insane job in marketing their products, the message gets out simply put. This is from one of their ads

"You pretended the snooze button didn’t exist. You dragged your butt out of bed while other slept. While other ate their pancakes. You had a feast of protein, glucose and electrolytes. You double-knotted. You left the porch light on and locked the door behind you. You ran. 5ks, 10ks, 26.2 miles. Some days more, some days less. You rewarded a long run with a short run. And a short run with a long run. Rain tried to slow you. Sun tried to microwave you. Snow made you feel like a warrior. You cramped. You bonked. You paid no mind to comfort. On weekends. On holidays. You made excuses to keep going. Questioned yourself. Played mind games. Put your heart before your knees. Listened to your breathing. Sweat sunscreen into your eyes. Worked on your farmer’s tan. You hit the wall. You went throught it. You decided to be a man about it. You decided to be a woman about it. Finished what you started. Proved what you were made of. Just kept putting mile after mile on your internal odometer. We ran with you. How much farther will we go? As far as you will."

Some random one, could be used for dieting, fat loss, girl troubles, whatever:

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade in what they want most for what they want at the moment."

And this is from J.K. Rowling's commencement speech which if you haven't seen it, is really inspiring. (Again I realize this has nothing to do with fitness, but use your imagination and it could relate to anything which you need motivation for)
http://vimeo.com/1711302

"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default"
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 50%
Feb 15 2011 03:49pm
Motivation isn't even necessary. Just get a good workout partner and a good routine established. On days I'm dragging , my workout partners always help motivate me, and vice versa.

Once you've been seriously committed to a routine for a while, days off just don't feel right. Your body even questions you because it's used to the activity.

#1 key to gains in my case is NOT getting sick.
Feb 15 2011 10:46pm
Quote (Morholt @ Feb 15 2011 11:13am)
You just may actually be retarded...
that whole thing you quoted was about saying to NOT let others set limits for you.

That desire to exceed what others say you can't do comes from the fire WITHIN you.

If you don't see something/someone to surpass, you don't have anything to aim to achieve and surpass.  If you just say better than yesterday, that better may be a very small improvement, rather than having the desire to improve by leaps and bounds.  Your better may be good, but my better is better than your better.

No dude you are autistic, and very much moronic.
RECEIVING MOTIVATION BASED ON OTHERS WORDS AND STATEMENTS IS LETTING THEM SET YOUR LIMITS.

What if no one bashed you? Would you still have motivation.

To the bold:
The only person you should be trying to beat is yourself; Grow up punk.
And if you only make small gains in the process of trying to be better than yourself, than you are SERIOUSLY lacking SELF-MOTIVATION

come at me again bro; ill intellectually rape you into the earth
Gold: 120,593.01
Feb 15 2011 11:17pm
Quote (Da_PkEr @ Feb 16 2011 12:46am)
No dude you are autistic, and very much moronic.
RECEIVING MOTIVATION BASED ON OTHERS WORDS AND STATEMENTS IS LETTING THEM SET YOUR LIMITS.

What if no one bashed you? Would you still have motivation.

To the bold:
The only person you should be trying to beat is yourself; Grow up punk.
And if you only make small gains in the process of trying to be better than yourself, than you are SERIOUSLY lacking SELF-MOTIVATION

come at me again bro; ill intellectually rape you into the earth
You don't seem to understand the whole 'not letting others' set your limits by going beyond what they say' thing. If they say your limit is 523.83 ka-jiggers, THAT is the limit THEY set for you. You say to hell with that, and not only go beyond it, you SHATTER it, and continue to go further and further; you don't just go to 523.84 ka-jiggers and stop there.
How exactly is not letting someone set your limits to be considered letting someone set your limits? I guess when you type a line in caps lock, it becomes true? :headscratch:

If you're only trying to beat yourself, then you could be starting at "5" and progressing every single day by ".01." Hey, you're still being better than yesterday, right? But, how exactly do you plan to surpass the person at "135,987" before your time is up?

Also, how are you lacking self-motivation if you are making gains, regardless of size of said gains? What if those small gains truly are a person's best? Sometimes, your best isn't good enough to be THE best; hence why we have clear-cut winners in the Olympics--one person's best was better than every other person's best, and it is measurable by constants (time, distance, etc.).

:cheers:
Feb 15 2011 11:25pm
Quote (Morholt @ Feb 15 2011 10:17pm)
You don't seem to understand the whole 'not letting others' set your limits by going beyond what they say' thing.  If they say your limit is 523.83 ka-jiggers, THAT is the limit THEY set for you.  You say to hell with that, and not only go beyond it, you SHATTER it, and continue to go further and further; you don't just go to 523.84 ka-jiggers and stop there.
How exactly is not letting someone set your limits to be considered letting someone set your limits?  I guess when you type a line in caps lock, it becomes true? :headscratch:

If you're only trying to beat yourself, then you could be starting at "5" and progressing every single day by ".01." Hey, you're still being better than yesterday, right? But, how exactly do you plan to surpass the person at "135,987" before your time is up?

Also, how are you lacking self-motivation if you are making gains, regardless of size of said gains?  What if those small gains truly are a person's best?  Sometimes, your best isn't good enough to be THE best; hence why we have clear-cut winners in the Olympics--one person's best was better than every other person's best, and it is measurable by constants (time, distance, etc.).

I dont even want to argue this anymore, but please try to understand:

if all you do is base your motivation, your hatred to break their limits, on what they say to you, then you are essentially letting them dictate your motivation and personal goals.

I will end with this:
You keep speaking about people not reaching their potential because their best isnt at all good, well, what if you ARE the best; Than should you be looking at #2 and trying to beat him? NO! You would be trying to beat yourself.

See the difference between me and you is my outlook on life is being the best, whereas your outlook is being better than someone else. Sorry dude

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1161718192092Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll