d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11661671681691702039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,113.71
Jul 27 2009 09:49pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, Jul 27 2009, 09:33am)
First of all, thank you Urbain for addressing this problem first.

Honestly - I thank you for trying to help (if that is what you were trying to do) but please keep these terribly misinformed comments and advice to yourself. I suggest you stick to asking questions and researching this thread - rather than offering advice. I mean no disrespect to you, but that answer was potentially devastating to anyone who would actually take it to heart and apply it.

As for you bnrhodes2,

I would recommend a traditional amateur strength routine

do 5x5 format to start - if you find that 5x5 doesn't work out as well for you, try doing more weight or less weight depending...and see which one feels better for an averaged number of reps.

Day 1 (Monday) - Chest
· Bench Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Incline Bench Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Decline Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Cable Crossovers – 5 sets of 8-12 reps (do not use 5x5 for this!)
OTHER CHEST EXERCISES INCLUDE: Dumbbell Bench Press, Incline Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Decline Bench Press, Dumbbell Flies, Pec Deck, Weighted Pushups, Wide Chest Press, Overhead extensions. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 4.

Day 2 (Tuesday) - Back
· Barbell Deadlift - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Lat Pulldown - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Seated Cable Row - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Dumbbell Rows - 5 set of 8-12 reps
OTHER BACK EXERCISES INCLUDE: Lower Back Extensions, Underhand High Cable Rows, Rack Pulls, Good-Mornings, Dumbbell Deadlifts, Close-Grip Pulldowns, or Barbell Rows. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 4.

Day 3 (Wednesday) – Legs
· Barbell Squats - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Seated Machine Leg Extensions - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Seated Machine Leg Curls - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Standing Calf Raises 5 sets of 8-12 reps
· Seated Calf Raises 5 sets of 8-12 reps
OTHER LEGS EXERCISES INCLUDE: Dumbbell leg lunges, Leg Hip Abbduction Machine, Leg Hip Adduction Machine, Laying leg curls, Front Squats, 1 Leg Squats. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 5.

Day 4 (Thursday) - Shoulders
· Military Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Dumbbell Shoulder Shrugs - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
· Dumbbell Shoulder Presses - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Dumbbell Front Raises - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
OTHER SHOULDERS EXERCISES INCLUDE: Lateral Dumbbell Raises, Barbell Shrugs, Arnold Presses, Straight Bar Cable Pulldowns, Herculean Pulls. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 5.

Day 5  (Friday) - Arms
· EZ-Bar Curls - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
· Dumbbell Concentration Curls - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
· Olympic Bar Curls - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Weighted Dips - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Tricep Cable Pulldowns  - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
· Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks - 5 sets of 8-12 reps

For diet - stick to the golden rule -

eat every 2-3 hours, complex carbs only during the first 4 meals of the day, after that only lean meats + green veggies (or shakes and of course cottage cheese before bed). Drink 1-2 gal of water per day, get lots of rest on the weekends, make sure to sleep at least 8 hours a night.

Add in as much cardio activity as you want, but take heed to make sure you are eating enough to prevent catabolism. Depending on your weight height and BMR, you might need anywhere between 2,000-4,000 calories a day just to sustain metabolism. Then you need to figure you will also need 300 calories extra for every 1 hour of exercise you do to break even. For building mass you are going to need approx 500 cal more taken in than burned, for burning fat you need to lose about 500 cal more than you take in.

Hmmm, I don't see pull-ups on back day, why is that?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 27 2009 11:22pm
Quote (RapDawg @ Mon, Jul 27 2009, 11:49pm)
Hmmm, I don't see pull-ups on back day, why is that?

for the same reason you do not see weighted pushups on chest day. pullups, pushups, and all other non-weighted bodyweight exercises should be performed on OFF days of that muscle group. This gives you a chance to use full weight and build appropriate strength on training days without the fatigue that comes from bodyweight exercises. In addition, if you are training for bodybuilding that would be a totally different routine all together - not a 5x5 strength pattern. However, weighted pullups are usually too hard for most people to do - therefore for most average plans I leave them out.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jul 27 2009 11:39pm
Gold: 20.00
Jul 28 2009 04:52am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Fri, Jul 24 2009, 10:45pm)
almost...switch bis and tris...you want to hit bis on chest day and tris on back day. this gives you less fatigue, less catabolism, and more gains.

Hey, i was thinking.. this way i do each muscle group once a week, is that enough?
Gold: 2,328.10
Jul 28 2009 05:59am
what are the steps involved in cutting?
Gold: 3.38
Jul 28 2009 11:21am
Quote (dartzzz @ Tue, Jul 28 2009, 03:59am)
what are the steps involved in cutting?

Read the last few pages, he has MANY different plans for cutting.
Gold: 112.00
Jul 28 2009 11:25am
Quote (Mesonychid @ Tue, Jul 28 2009, 05:21pm)
Read the last few pages, he has MANY different plans for cutting.

From like page 3-160
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 28 2009 11:44am
Quote (SeaBas @ Tue, Jul 28 2009, 06:52am)
Hey, i was thinking.. this way i do each muscle group once a week, is that enough?

yes
Gold: 1,551.68
Jul 28 2009 11:55am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, Jul 27 2009, 11:33am)
First of all, thank you Urbain for addressing this problem first.

Honestly - I thank you for trying to help (if that is what you were trying to do) but please keep these terribly misinformed comments and advice to yourself. I suggest you stick to asking questions and researching this thread - rather than offering advice. I mean no disrespect to you, but that answer was potentially devastating to anyone who would actually take it to heart and apply it.

As for you bnrhodes2,

I would recommend a traditional amateur strength routine

do 5x5 format to start - if you find that 5x5 doesn't work out as well for you, try doing more weight or less weight depending...and see which one feels better for an averaged number of reps.

Day 1 (Monday) - Chest
· Bench Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Incline Bench Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Decline Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Cable Crossovers – 5 sets of 8-12 reps (do not use 5x5 for this!)
OTHER CHEST EXERCISES INCLUDE: Dumbbell Bench Press, Incline Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Decline Bench Press, Dumbbell Flies, Pec Deck, Weighted Pushups, Wide Chest Press, Overhead extensions. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 4.

Day 2 (Tuesday) - Back
· Barbell Deadlift - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Lat Pulldown - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Seated Cable Row - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Dumbbell Rows - 5 set of 8-12 reps
OTHER BACK EXERCISES INCLUDE: Lower Back Extensions, Underhand High Cable Rows, Rack Pulls, Good-Mornings, Dumbbell Deadlifts, Close-Grip Pulldowns, or Barbell Rows. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 4.

Day 3 (Wednesday) – Legs
· Barbell Squats - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Seated Machine Leg Extensions - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Seated Machine Leg Curls - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Standing Calf Raises 5 sets of 8-12 reps
· Seated Calf Raises 5 sets of 8-12 reps
OTHER LEGS EXERCISES INCLUDE: Dumbbell leg lunges, Leg Hip Abbduction Machine, Leg Hip Adduction Machine, Laying leg curls, Front Squats, 1 Leg Squats. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 5.

Day 4 (Thursday) - Shoulders
· Military Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Dumbbell Shoulder Shrugs - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
· Dumbbell Shoulder Presses - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Dumbbell Front Raises - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
OTHER SHOULDERS EXERCISES INCLUDE: Lateral Dumbbell Raises, Barbell Shrugs, Arnold Presses, Straight Bar Cable Pulldowns, Herculean Pulls. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 5.

Day 5  (Friday) - Arms
· EZ-Bar Curls - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
· Dumbbell Concentration Curls - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
· Olympic Bar Curls - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Weighted Dips - 5 sets of 5 reps
· Tricep Cable Pulldowns  - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
· Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks - 5 sets of 8-12 reps

For diet - stick to the golden rule -

eat every 2-3 hours, complex carbs only during the first 4 meals of the day, after that only lean meats + green veggies (or shakes and of course cottage cheese before bed). Drink 1-2 gal of water per day, get lots of rest on the weekends, make sure to sleep at least 8 hours a night.

Add in as much cardio activity as you want, but take heed to make sure you are eating enough to prevent catabolism. Depending on your weight height and BMR, you might need anywhere between 2,000-4,000 calories a day just to sustain metabolism. Then you need to figure you will also need 300 calories extra for every 1 hour of exercise you do to break even. For building mass you are going to need approx 500 cal more taken in than burned, for burning fat you need to lose about 500 cal more than you take in.

yes master sensei

This post was edited by Honestly on Jul 28 2009 12:00pm
Gold: 3.38
Jul 28 2009 11:57am
Quote (Honestly @ Tue, Jul 28 2009, 09:55am)
who cares? Internet (especially this thread) [srs bsnss]
plus u suck at lifting weights u can't even curl faggot

He curls 205, and he's doing this free to help people out, leave the flame out of this thread.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 28 2009 12:01pm
Quote (Honestly @ Tue, Jul 28 2009, 12:55pm)
yes master sensei

you edit again because you faceplanted hard and need to salvage your reputation on this forum (aka irl)
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11661671681691702039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll