d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11471481491501512039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 68.00
Jul 10 2009 10:29pm
Ok so i am 6'2.5" and i am 225 pounds. I am pretty chubby. I have recently gotten a membership at fitness 19. I am looking to lose alot of my fat and gain serious muscle. I am 15 and in 10th grade. I have some real potential in football and im bigger than more of my aged friends. I need a good cardio and workout for the gym. Im looking to lose atleast 20 pounds. I have elite whey isolate which i was told to take right after workout. I also have synthesis-6 by BSN for recovery when i go to bed. I need a diet. Im really serious about lifting and losing weight. I have no car and no job so i bacically devoting alot of time to the gym and cardio. But im having a problem with losing the weight. I have been losing just water weight really. I out it right back on in water. What do i have to do their? Thanks for the help in advance. And as far as cardio i have a track nearby and their is a bike, ellyptical, treadmill, and stairstepper their. I also have creatine kre-alkyan or something pills that i am going to start using.
Stats:
bench=225-230
Squat- 285-300(depending on intensity)
Deadlift-290-300(recently hurt myself with bad form so i have been using a lower back machine att he gym and have been doing leg extentions and leg curls latly)
Curl-30-35

I need to know how many reps i need in a set to mass gain. Some people say 5 some say 6 some say 8 and so on.
Do i have to lose fat before gains for muscle or can i do both? And because basically all of its water weight do i have to rely more on my diet or have to resort or fat burner supplements?
A meal plan would be awesome for my calories for my body weight and trying to lose weight. I roughly think i have about 20-30% body fat. Most likey not that much but i want to play it safe and not lie and be too low
And i know im gonna be made fun of for this but i want to go places with my moms friends and kids and want to look muscular and take off my shirt and not get out of the pool and put it right on =/ lol.
Thanks!

This post was edited by Pman1 on Jul 10 2009 10:37pm
Gold: 6,420.00
Jul 11 2009 11:54am
I don't have work for the next month, I have until Aug 10th (when my school starts) to finish up cutting, this is what I am planning, let me know what you think.

On wakeup: 5g SciFit BCAA, 1 scoop of NO Xplode, drive to gym immediately, and begin cardio (all within in 5 mins of wakeup and bcaa, I live close to gym)

Do 45 mins of ellipticals, ~ 500 calories, during cardio: sip on 5g of bcaa in 16 oz of water. Post cardio: 5g of bcaa right away, while at gym. Then drive home

Once I get home, breakfast: 1 scoop of ON Pro Complex in 8 oz of skim milk (for the sugar), 1 scoop of natural steel cut oats cooked in water.

90 mins after breakfast: 1 scoop of NO Xplode, drive to gym again

Once at gym: 5g BCAA, followed by 45 to 60 mins of workout, sipping on 5g bcaa in 16 oz water again.

Post workout, at gym: 5g bcaa, 1 scoop pro complex, a small amount of NOW! Dextrose (about half the size of Pro Complex scoop), 2.5g of creatine ethyl ester pills.

Wait about 10 mins or so, then begin cardio again (you mentioned cardio postwork right?)

Do 45 mins of ellipticals, ~ 500 calories, during cardio: sip on 5g of bcaa in 16 oz of water. Post cardio: 5g of bcaa right away, while at gym. Then drive home

Have my post workout meal, probably 30grams of boiled chicken breast, and some pasta or oats.

What I'm worried about is, is it safe to take this much BCAA?

Also, is what I'm taking in between weight lifting and cardio good (bcaa, protein, sugar, creatine)? What do you recommend?

Thanks!!!
Gold: 6,420.00
Jul 11 2009 02:23pm
also, I'm thinking of eating some grapes for breakfast instead of oats, so I can just wait 60 mins instead of 90 mins before working out again
Banned
Gold: 20.51
Warn: 70%
Jul 11 2009 02:25pm
Quote (gloryfield @ Sat, Jul 11 2009, 04:23pm)
also, I'm thinking of eating some grapes for breakfast instead of oats, so I can just wait 60 mins instead of 90 mins before working out again

grapes are pretty much sugar and water... that's not really a good source for energy for a workout

@SKC, just out curiousity, have you ever done a "cycle" of anything before o.O?
Jul 11 2009 02:52pm
Quote (Pman1 @ Sat, 11 Jul 2009, 00:29)
Ok so i am 6'2.5" and i am 225 pounds. I am pretty chubby. I have recently gotten a membership at fitness 19. I am looking to lose alot of my fat and gain serious muscle. I am 15 and in 10th grade. I have some real potential in football and im bigger than more of my aged friends. I need a good cardio and workout for the gym. Im looking to lose atleast 20 pounds. I have elite whey isolate which i was told to take right after workout. I also have synthesis-6 by BSN for recovery when i go to bed. I need a diet. Im really serious about lifting and losing weight. I have no car and no job so i bacically devoting alot of time to the gym and cardio. But im having a problem with losing the weight. I have been losing just water weight really. I out it right back on in water. What do i have to do their? Thanks for the help in advance. And as far as cardio i have a track nearby and their is a bike, ellyptical, treadmill, and stairstepper their. I also have creatine kre-alkyan or something pills that i am going to start using.
Stats:
bench=225-230
Deadlift-290-300(recently hurt myself with bad form so i have been using a lower back machine att he gym and have been doing leg extentions and leg curls latly)
Curl-30-35

I need to know how many reps i need in a set to mass gain. Some people say 5 some say 6 some say 8 and so on.
Do i have to lose fat before gains for muscle or can i do both? And because basically all of its water weight do i have to rely more on my diet or have to resort or fat burner supplements?
A meal plan would be awesome for my calories for my body weight and trying to lose weight. I roughly think i have about 20-30% body fat. Most likey not that much but i want to play it safe and not lie and be too low
And i know im gonna be made fun of for this but i want to go places with my moms friends and kids and want to look muscular and take off my shirt and not get out of the pool and put it right on =/ lol.
Thanks!

And i ment to tell you i just dont want to look big, but i want to have good strength as well.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 11 2009 03:32pm
Quote (Pman1 @ Sat, Jul 11 2009, 12:29am)
Stats:
bench=225-230
Curl-30-35

Thanks!

First part - fat loss -

Ok there have been tons of people asking me this same stuff the last few pages. Please go back and read the last few pages worth of posts in regards to fat loss. It's going to be the exact same info unless you fall into some very specific category or have more specific goals than just fat loss.

Eat every 2 hours, eliminate sugar from your diet, eat carbs only the first half of the day (meals 1-3), stick to lean meats and green veggies after that, do 30-45 mins cardio AFTER a workout, work out at least 5 days a week, take caffeine in the morning and pre-workout, also make sure to eat cottage cheese or a casein shake before bed.

Mass gain -

you can lose fat and gain mass at the same time through something called failure training. Essentially you are going to do the following:

mon - chest/bis
tues - back/tris
weds - abs/calves/hams
thurs - shoulders/quads
fri - bis/tris/calves
sat - chest/back
sun - OFF

You are going to perform exercises for these muscle groups in failure format. This means you will do a warmup set, and then begin moving up in weight, set after set, with only about 12 seconds rest between sets. After you reach your peak that you can only do 2-4 reps with....you will immediately start breaking down and lowering the weight and doing sets until you fail, lowering the weight each time you fail. This concludes 1 exercise. You will take no more than 30-45 seconds rest between exercises. Perform at least 15 sets of each muscle group. After finishing training, do cardio for 20-40 minutes. DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE BCAAS THROUGHOUT YOUR WORKOUT!!!!!

Jul 11 2009 03:35pm
Quote (gloryfield @ Sat, Jul 11 2009, 01:54pm)
I don't have work for the next month, I have until Aug 10th (when my school starts) to finish up cutting, this is what I am planning, let me know what you think.

On wakeup: 5g SciFit BCAA, 1 scoop of NO Xplode, drive to gym immediately, and begin cardio (all within in 5 mins of wakeup and bcaa, I live close to gym)

Do 45 mins of ellipticals, ~ 500 calories, during cardio: sip on 5g of bcaa in 16 oz of water.  Post cardio: 5g of bcaa right away, while at gym.  Then drive home

Once I get home, breakfast: 1 scoop of ON Pro Complex in 8 oz of skim milk (for the sugar), 1 scoop of natural steel cut oats cooked in water.

90 mins after breakfast: 1 scoop of NO Xplode, drive to gym again

Once at gym: 5g BCAA, followed by 45 to 60 mins of workout, sipping on 5g bcaa in 16 oz water again.

Post workout, at gym: 5g bcaa, 1 scoop pro complex, a small amount of NOW! Dextrose (about half the size of Pro Complex scoop), 2.5g of creatine ethyl ester pills.

Wait about 10 mins or so, then begin cardio again (you mentioned cardio postwork right?)

Do 45 mins of ellipticals, ~ 500 calories, during cardio: sip on 5g of bcaa in 16 oz of water.  Post cardio: 5g of bcaa right away, while at gym.  Then drive home

Have my post workout meal, probably 30grams of boiled chicken breast, and some pasta or oats.

What I'm worried about is, is it safe to take this much BCAA?

Also, is what I'm taking in between weight lifting and cardio good (bcaa, protein, sugar, creatine)?  What do you recommend?

Thanks!!!

unless you are intentionally leaving out your regular meals....you will be HIGHLY malnourished on this plan.

A good idea for fat loss and muscle gain is 3 shakes a day and 3 meals a day....like this

meal 1 - food
meal 2 - shake
meal 3 - food
meal 4 - shake
meal 5 - food
meal 6 - casein shake

now as far as your actual plan goes....the first part is great, the morning cardio w/ bcaa's etc...beautiful.

2nd time at the gym is good as well.

only problem is...you really need to be loading urself with lots of complex carbs after your first workout and tons of protein from actual food sources. Regardless of how many bcaa's you take, your body can not continue at that level of intensity without actual good food fueling it.

You can have as many bcaa's as you want with no negative effects.

also avoid the grapes, oats are 23564363x more important...you can have some dried fruit in your oatmeal for flavor and added post workout sugar.
Jul 11 2009 03:40pm
Quote (Pman1 @ Sat, Jul 11 2009, 04:52pm)
And i ment to tell you i just dont want to look big, but i want to have good strength as well.

now this can NOT be done. Strength gains and fat loss do NOT work together. These are purely different routines. Once you lose enough fat, you can begin a bulking cycle where you gain strength (and marginal amounts of fat)
Jul 11 2009 03:54pm
Quote (Peachie @ Sat, Jul 11 2009, 04:25pm)
grapes are pretty much sugar and water... that's not really a good source for energy for a workout

@SKC, just out curiousity, have you ever done a "cycle" of anything before o.O?

Only pro-hormones...never steroids. I also never take anything triple methylated because of the horrors it unleashes on the liver.
Jul 11 2009 05:52pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sat, 11 Jul 2009, 17:32)
First part - fat loss -

Ok there have been tons of people asking me this same stuff the last few pages. Please go back and read the last few pages worth of posts in regards to fat loss. It's going to be the exact same info unless you fall into some very specific category or have more specific goals than just fat loss.

Eat every 2 hours, eliminate sugar from your diet, eat carbs only the first half of the day (meals 1-3), stick to lean meats and green veggies after that, do 30-45 mins cardio AFTER a workout, work out at least 5 days a week, take caffeine in the morning and pre-workout, also make sure to eat cottage cheese or a casein shake before bed.

Mass gain -

you can lose fat and gain mass at the same time through something called failure training. Essentially you are going to do the following:

mon - chest/bis
tues - back/tris
weds - abs/calves/hams
thurs - shoulders/quads
fri - bis/tris/calves
sat - chest/back
sun - OFF

You are going to perform exercises for these muscle groups in failure format. This means you will do a warmup set, and then begin moving up in weight, set after set, with only about 12 seconds rest between sets. After you reach your peak that you can only do 2-4 reps with....you will immediately start breaking down and lowering the weight and doing sets until you fail, lowering the weight each time you fail. This concludes 1 exercise. You will take no more than 30-45 seconds rest between exercises. Perform at least 15 sets of each muscle group. After finishing training, do cardio for 20-40 minutes. DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE BCAAS THROUGHOUT YOUR WORKOUT!!!!!

Could you tell me what supplements i should take?
I have pills creatine when gone switching to no shotgun.
I have synthesis-6
and Elite Whey Isolates
And i should get bcaas?
edit: also fish oil and multi vitamin?

This post was edited by Pman1 on Jul 11 2009 05:57pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11471481491501512039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll