d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11451461471481492039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 799.00
Jul 8 2009 04:26pm
hey im 21 years old
havnt been to the gym since last Aug. im lazy now, and i need to change that
im 5'8
180-190 lbs wide shoulders

i want to trim some fat and cut up existing muscle help
With about 30 Min's to 1 Hour...what is a lite weigh/mid intense workout I can do in my bedroom on a bike or with 2 20 lbs weights

Gold: 0.00
Jul 8 2009 04:30pm
What is your take on gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 8 2009 07:35pm
Quote (bnrhodes2 @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 03:18pm)
simple question...i think:
what are your thoughts on canned turkey or canned chicken breast, similar to that of tuna, when it comes to nutritional value?

i was just thinking about this as a way to mix things up once in a while, and i didn't know how well it would work

its generally fine, but canned anything is pretty high in sodium, so don't overdo it.
Jul 8 2009 07:41pm
Quote (Urbain @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 06:30pm)
What is your take on gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time?

it can be done....but at great expense to the body.

1. eat every 2 hours on the button...no more.

2. first 3 meals of the day have complex carbs...after that, no more. You will consume a max of 120g complex carbs, 40g/40g/40g

3. last 4-5 meals will be all protein and green veggies...at least 3 of those meals from lean meats, the rest from protein shakes is fine.

4. take bcaa's all the time between meals and while working out

5. do all sets as failure sets, breakdowns, and forced reps. (2 hour workout, focus on supplemental splits...like chest/bis, back/tris, shoulders/legs, etc.)

6. upon finishing strength training, do 20-40 mins of cardio

7. only post workout sugar should come from 1 whole banana or 1 glass of grape juice (to mix the creatine in)

8. take a good PH like decabolen or try some other products from CTD labs (make sure to take with now! liver support)

These workouts will suck. You will hate your life...having not enough carbs and the world is just a terrible place....but you're getting shredded and gaining muscle mass....so the trade off is....you hate the world, feel like shit, and basically have an overall feeling of being unwell. However, you will be seeing rapid changes with your body. I usually do not attempt this myself...as it is only possible to do with a dedicated partner who has the same goals in mind. Doing it by yourself is extremely hard....and virtually impossible because of the nature of the workouts (failures, negatives, etc)
Jul 8 2009 07:47pm
Quote (rick1 @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 06:26pm)
hey im 21 years old
havnt been to the gym since last Aug. im lazy now, and i need to change that
im 5'8
180-190 lbs wide shoulders

i want to trim some fat and cut up existing muscle help
With about 30 Min's to 1 Hour...what is a lite weigh/mid intense workout I can do in my bedroom on a bike or with 2 20 lbs weights

Basically just stick to the normal cutting guidelines as listed in pages prior...

The key to overall weight loss is the following:

- Burn more calories than you take in

- eliminate sugar and simple carbs from your diet

- reduce carbs overall, and increase protein

- eliminate fast foods and frozen foods

- eat every 2-3 hours

- drink water or diet soda only

- Take fat burning supplements like BSN Atrophex, GAT Jet Fuel, or Nutrex Lipo-6

Good overall foods -

Protein - Lean meats like Chicken, turkey, tuna, fish, eggs, lean beef.

Complex Carbs - Whole Grains(all of them, like whole grain breads/pasta/brown rice, etc), Vegetables, legumes.

GOOD fats - Olive Oil, Nuts, Peanut butter, fish, OMEGA 3-6-9 supplements, avocados, etc.

You are going to want to get about 60% from protein, 25% from carbs, and 15% from good fats. READ THE LABELS OF WHAT YOU ARE EATING and keep a FOOD JOURNAL so you can add everything up.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE EATING EVERY 2-3 HOURS (SMALL MEALS)

In addition, make sure you do at least ONE HOUR of exercise each day. Cardiovascular activity like running, jogging, swimming, playing a sport, using a cardio machine at the gym, or lifting weights WITHOUT taking breaks...are all acceptable.

Considering you only have 2 20lb dumbbells...I would reccomend sticking to:

Pushups, pullups, dumbbell squats, dumbbell lunges, dumbbell curls, dumbbell hammer curls, dumbbell flies (just lay on the floor or stand up...no bench needed), dumbbell lat raises, dumbbell tricep kickbacks, standing dumbbell shoulder presses, bent over dumbbell rows (or seated).
Gold: 263.00
Jul 8 2009 11:36pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 09:47pm)
Basically just stick to the normal cutting guidelines as listed in pages prior...

The key to overall weight loss is the following:

- Burn more calories than you take in

- eliminate sugar and simple carbs from your diet

- reduce carbs overall, and increase protein

- eliminate fast foods and frozen foods

- eat every 2-3 hours

- drink water or diet soda only

- Take fat burning supplements like BSN Atrophex, GAT Jet Fuel, or Nutrex Lipo-6

Good overall foods -

Protein - Lean meats like Chicken, turkey, tuna, fish, eggs, lean beef.

Complex Carbs - Whole Grains(all of them, like whole grain breads/pasta/brown rice, etc), Vegetables, legumes.

GOOD fats - Olive Oil, Nuts, Peanut butter, fish, OMEGA 3-6-9 supplements, avocados, etc.

You are going to want to get about 60% from protein, 25% from carbs, and 15% from good fats. READ THE LABELS OF WHAT YOU ARE EATING and keep a FOOD JOURNAL so you can add everything up.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE EATING EVERY 2-3 HOURS (SMALL MEALS)

In addition, make sure you do at least ONE HOUR of exercise each day. Cardiovascular activity like running, jogging, swimming, playing a sport, using a cardio machine at the gym, or lifting weights WITHOUT taking breaks...are all acceptable.

Considering you only have 2 20lb dumbbells...I would reccomend sticking to:

Pushups, pullups, dumbbell squats, dumbbell lunges, dumbbell curls, dumbbell hammer curls, dumbbell flies (just lay on the floor or stand up...no bench needed), dumbbell lat raises, dumbbell tricep kickbacks, standing dumbbell shoulder presses, bent over dumbbell rows (or seated).

would venison be considered a lean meat? its a lot leaner than most normal beefs in my opinion, of course not easy to come buy unless you shoot the deer in the first place but delicious none the less

also, with my diet its been hard to eat everything at the right times and the right well, stuff...

heres how my normal day goes:

wake up
im supposed to go for a light job or even a bike ride for like 30-45 minutes
eat a turkey sandwich (pepper jack cheese, whole wheat bread)
make more turkey sandwiches til dinner and eat whatevers for dinner
eat an apple and peanut butter somewhat within an hour or 2 of sleep
sleep late cuz its kinda hard for me to sleep

so pretty much im eating the complex carbs of whole wheat bread throughout the day and then that apple and peanut butter late at night and im not sure its the greatest idea but its some of the only things i actually like and can readily have to eat, i mean i could make eggs but im gonna have to remember how of course

my stomachs not quite where i want it as in bf% and ive been trying for months with a cleaner diet but no progress really, its stayed generally the same

also with all this ive been lifting (or trying to lift, ive been taken up north so many times and ive missed workouts for football [3 times a week]) and ive seen some muscle gainages on my arms but my chest shows no progress, i take it some muscles are harder to build than others?
Gold: 748.53
Jul 9 2009 12:13am
hey any way to get your veins bigger..well just increase vasularity? like without cutting i mean...as im bulking is there a way to make my veins bigger and show more? i don't want it to be like an hour temporary thing either lol
Gold: 1,050.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 9 2009 12:15am
which brand of multivitamins is the best quality/cheapest?

i want to spend the less money, but at the same time, get the best quality (including the content amount etc for the price )

ast multi pro, adam now, and the kirkland brand?
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 80%
Jul 9 2009 02:06am
Quote (Balla @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 10:13pm)
hey any way to get your veins bigger..well just increase vasularity? like without cutting i mean...as im bulking is there a way to make my veins bigger and show more? i don't want it to be like an hour temporary thing either lol

im kinda having this problem too sometimes. i kinda want to see more veins run through my upper body .. you can see the bicep peak and the shoulders lots of skin but not many veins.

that veined look is pretty tight.. that's what im iso as well
Jul 9 2009 03:46am
Quote (SmeSnitches @ Thu, Jul 9 2009, 02:15am)
which brand of multivitamins is the best quality/cheapest?

i want to spend the less money, but at the same time, get the best quality (including the content amount etc for the price )

ast multi pro, adam now, and the kirkland brand?

NOW! Adam 100%

I have ALWAYS recommended this....it is the absolute best you can get.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11451461471481492039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll