d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11381391401411422039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5.00
Jun 29 2009 03:49am
I'm sorta taking this new approach for a diet, as it works for two of my buddies, and I've chose to try it out.
They're eating Special K.

Late Breakfast: 1.5 bowls of Special K /w 2% Milk(maybe some wheat toast)
Snack
Mid-Lunch: 1.5 bowls of Special K /w 2% Milk
Snack
Dinner: Normal dinner, whatever family makes.

I'm thinking this diet would be alright, seeing how breakfast and lunch, I'm taking in something semi-healthy and not too high in calories, and then have a normal dinner.
I'm telling myself by doing this, I'm taking in less calories than I would normally. Drinking a lot of water, and maybe a can of Diet Pepsi somewhere within meals. This should help me lose a bit of weight or fat in my body?
Also, I've been lifting some weights at the home gym. Not looking to get seriously ripped, but a little more than tone, so doing medium light weights with more reps to accomplish that.

I'm not doing cardio everyday like I should be, since I haven't had the chance to purchase running shoes, but I'm thinking of maybe doing some HIIT, I've read a bunch of guides. Maybe do that every other day, and the days where I'm not HITT, I can just walk/jog a mile in the park to help the fat/weight loss.

This is basically what my plan is, and just wanted to see what you thought if it, approve, disapprove, and what you might suggest I change up. :D

This post was edited by Minako on Jun 29 2009 03:49am
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jun 29 2009 02:58pm
Quote (Minako @ Mon, Jun 29 2009, 05:49am)
I'm sorta taking this new approach for a diet, as it works for two of my buddies, and I've chose to try it out.
They're eating Special K.

Late Breakfast: 1.5 bowls of Special K /w 2% Milk(maybe some wheat toast)
Snack
Mid-Lunch: 1.5 bowls of Special K /w 2% Milk
Snack
Dinner: Normal dinner, whatever family makes.

I'm thinking this diet would be alright, seeing how breakfast and lunch, I'm taking in something semi-healthy and not too high in calories, and then have a normal dinner.
I'm telling myself by doing this, I'm taking in less calories than I would normally. Drinking a lot of water, and maybe a can of Diet Pepsi somewhere within meals. This should help me lose a bit of weight or fat in my body?
Also, I've been lifting some weights at the home gym. Not looking to get seriously ripped, but a little more than tone, so doing medium light weights with more reps to accomplish that.

I'm not doing cardio everyday like I should be, since I haven't had the chance to purchase running shoes, but I'm thinking of maybe doing some HIIT, I've read a bunch of guides. Maybe do that every other day, and the days where I'm not HITT, I can just walk/jog a mile in the park to help the fat/weight loss.

This is basically what my plan is, and just wanted to see what you thought if it, approve, disapprove, and what you might suggest I change up. :D

I'm very sorry to say this approach is absolutely HORRIBLE.

You are calorie depriving your body and then feeding it full calories late at night when you will need less carbs and portion size.

The "special K" diet is no different than any other super calorie reduced diet. 300 cal x 2 = 600 cal + 600 cal at dinner = 1200 cal for the day. This is practically starvation and will lead to nutrient deficiency, muscle loss, and not nearly as much fat loss if you did things the proper way.

You need to follow a good, healthy diet plan as I have outlined prior.

Please take a few minutes to scan backwards a few pages and read up on the type of diet you need to be following. Essentially, find your BMR (google a bmr calculator), eat roughly that amount of calories (make sure to eat every 2 hours), and then perform at least 1 hour of vigorous exercise per day. No carbs after the halfway point of meals throughout the day. Drink water only, and consume no sugar.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 29 2009 06:33pm
Hey, so right now Im working out every other day for 45-60 minutes and taking whey protein before/after but my friend is telling me I need to getting casein protein at night as well.
Im wondering about casein proteins, everything I read on the internet says its great to add it to your diet (usually before bed) but Im not looking to buy any casein supplements at this time, so what are the best/easiest ways to add it to my diet?
Many people say cottage cheese, but Im not great with the taste or texture so Im hoping to find another easy source.
Would you suggest a bowl of vector before bed? or cheese instead?
Just looking for some input, Thanks :D

This post was edited by Falcon_3000 on Jun 29 2009 07:01pm
Gold: 748.53
Jun 29 2009 08:42pm
Quote (Falcon_3000 @ Mon, Jun 29 2009, 07:33pm)
Hey, so right now Im working out every other day for 45-60 minutes and taking whey protein before/after but my friend is telling me I need to getting casein protein at night as well.
Im wondering about casein proteins, everything I read on the internet says its great to add it to your diet (usually before bed) but Im not looking to buy any casein supplements at this time, so what are the best/easiest ways to add it to my diet?
Many people say cottage cheese, but Im not great with the taste or texture so Im hoping to find another easy source.

dude cottage cheese isn't that bad...also though what makes it taste really good IMO is hot sauce, or salsa with cottage cheese..don't forget the mixed nuts with the cottage cheese too m9
Jun 29 2009 09:28pm
Quote (Falcon_3000 @ Mon, Jun 29 2009, 08:33pm)

1 cup of cottage cheese is the best selection....if you cant handle that try Optimum Nutrition 100% casein protein powder and make a shake before bed.
Gold: 6,420.00
Jun 29 2009 09:52pm
For cutting:

what are your opinions on cashews vs almonds. I've been forcing myself to eat almonds but I would much rather have cashews, do they both have good fats, just that cashews have more fat?

also, what about green beans, OK to eat at second to last meal before bed? Would oats be OK to eat second to last meal before bed?

Thanks
Jun 29 2009 10:40pm
Quote (gloryfield @ Mon, Jun 29 2009, 11:52pm)
For cutting:

what are your opinions on cashews vs almonds.  I've been forcing myself to eat almonds but I would much rather have cashews, do they both have good fats, just that cashews have more fat?

also, what about green beans, OK to eat at second to last meal before bed?  Would oats be OK to eat second to last meal before bed?

Thanks

nuts in general are fine...any type of nuts. green beans you can eat ANY time of day.

Oats do NOT eat past your 3rd meal of the day (along with all other carbs)

Jun 30 2009 10:37am
Hello
I have a few questions about picking out foods.
1st how do you pick out 100%whole grain bread? I bought 100% hearty wheat bread from price chopper and it had the same nutrition value as the loaf of white bread just +2 fiber. Should I pick it up from a health store or something or is this how its suppose to be?
Also is natural penut butter really that much better for you than like skippy?

Thanks in advance
Jun 30 2009 05:12pm
Quote (Noob_Production @ Tue, Jun 30 2009, 12:37pm)
Hello
I have a few questions about picking out foods.
1st how do you pick out 100%whole grain bread? I bought 100% hearty wheat bread from price chopper and it had the same nutrition value as the loaf of white bread just +2 fiber. Should I pick it up from a health store or something or is this how its suppose to be?
Also is natural penut butter really that much better for you than like skippy?

Thanks in advance

hello -

excellent question.

To keep things simple - buy this bread (found at all supermarkets)

http://www.pepperidgefarm.com/ProductDetail.aspx?catID=750&prdID=120269

These are by far the best easy-to-find true whole grain breads - choose any of the 6 types (my favorite is the oatmeal variety)

But to know a real whole grain bread look for the following:

1. 4g fiber per regular slice

2. "100% whole wheat or 100% whole grain" on the label

3. at least 20g whole grains per serving on the label

4. No added high fructose corn syrup or artificial colors/preservatives

5. No bleached flour in the ingredients list

The best idea is to just buy the breads that I mentioned above...they are by far and large the best on the general consumer market right now

edit:

forgot the peanut butter question. Yes 100% natural peanut butter is much better than skippy, jiff, or any of that other crap.

The BEST peanut butter on the planet is Power Butter or Power PB - both the same item. It tastes amazing, its all natural, and has a ton of protein and good fats.

Check it out here http://www.powerbutter.com/

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jun 30 2009 05:15pm
Jun 30 2009 05:54pm
thanks alot i've been getting the wrong bread I guess ( High fructose/2g fiber) :huh:

and sorry forgot to ask, what penuts to buy? i know planters penuts consist of other things besides salt and penuts and i like eating some at work
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11381391401411422039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll