d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11371381391401412039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 28 2009 03:59pm
Which supplement would you recommand to totally avoid in general? (that are not suitable for most people/dangerous/inefective etc)
Gold: 3.00
Jun 28 2009 05:07pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sun, Jun 28 2009, 04:35pm)
You really have to eat every 2 hours...so try out these quick and easy snack foods for when you are at work:

1. Beef jerky (I recommend ostrim - get it on bodybuilding.com)

2. Cheese sticks

3. Mixed Nuts

4. Protein bars (stick to a bar like VPX Zero impact, Oh Yeah! Wafer Bars, or Power Crunch bars)

5. celery and peanut butter

All of these are perfect to eat throughout the day while at work. Also, if milk or protein shakes are available, you can do those as well.

As far as meals that are BEFORE and AFTER work, you should be fine to use any of the sample meals listed on the previous few pages.

Thanks a lot, I really do appreciate it.
Wouldn't cheese be something to avoid though if I'm going for a cleaner bulk?

And I'll def have protein shakes available, I use ON whey.

This post was edited by FireZombie on Jun 28 2009 05:08pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jun 28 2009 07:08pm
Quote (FireZombie @ Sun, Jun 28 2009, 07:07pm)
Thanks a lot, I really do appreciate it.
Wouldn't cheese be something to avoid though if I'm going for a cleaner bulk?

And I'll def have protein shakes available, I use ON whey.

Nope...cheese is perfectly fine. Dairy really gets a bad name in bodybuilding....the truth is, you can eat dairy in moderation for added protein, variety of food, and flavor. Yogurt and Milk are heavy in lactose and total sugars....but cheese in general is sugar free and perfectly fine for a clean bulk.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 28 2009 07:23pm
Hi there. First off thanks for volunteering to do this its really cool of you. I have a question sorry if its redundant since theres 130+ pages on here but:

I'm trying to lose fat but not necessarily be ripped. Like a soccer player type build. But i do want to be atleast some what tone so i do high rep low weight lifts. including bench, rows, shoulders (dont know what its called but taking dumbells and lfiting them up vertically), and curls. I run too but doesnt seem to be working. i just run 20 mins for 2 miles then give up cuz its boring lol. I also do crunches, leg lifts, hip abs, and taking my elbow to the opposite knee sit up thing. For supplements Im drinking red ginseng tea (for stamina for soccer), taking multivitams and whey protein to help me repair muscles tissue. I try to eat like chicken breast and if i go to subway only get wheat based bread. yet im still a fat fuck (prolly cuz ive been only doing this for 2 weeks) prior to this i never took any supplements and drink all pigging out alot on deep fried foods

Any dieting tips or other work outs would be cool. or tell me if im doing something wrong.
Jun 28 2009 07:30pm
Quote (Urbain @ Sun, Jun 28 2009, 05:59pm)
Which supplement would you recommand to totally avoid in general? (that are not suitable for most people/dangerous/inefective etc)

In general, I have found that the following supplements are totally useless:

1. anything from muscletech - I know a lot of you might disagree, but the truth is....this stuff never did anything for me....none of it....total waste of money.

2. anything from IDS labs - now this stuff is pure placebo. I literally took mass tabs and twinlab tribulus fuel and gave them to two different people on the same workout plan. I told them that the pills were multivitamins and to help with recovery. The guy on the twinlab trib fuel saw slightly more gains than the other...but I don't even attribute it to the pills- more like genetics. However, with the claims of the IDS product....being massive gains in "1 cycle" these are things the first guy never saw....and I personally never saw when I used it as well.

Besides that....the only unsafe supplements out there are obviously steroids, true human growth hormone (taken from cadavers), or pro hormones (not as bad but still risky).
Gold: 1,532.00
Jun 28 2009 10:51pm
Hey, looking for some help in losing extra weight ive been trying to get off since december
Age- Just turned 17
Weight- 140 (according to bathroom scale, prolly not 100% acurate)
Height- def above 5'11" (from doctors in august)
Workout routine- *usually at about 10-1pm area*, about 30 crunches, benching (3 sets of about 5 reps of 115 llb, pathetic but just started), then go back and do 30-50+ crunches. I used to do alot of pushups but kind of stopped after I started benching a week ago

I'm looking to have flat stomach/ lean chest.. I'm not looking to gain a ton muscle but just lean out
what foods can I pick up at the market and what should my daily nutrition look like? i usually eat things like nutragrain bars n such maybe an apple or banana every other day but the rest is things made in the oven out of a package like breaded perdue chicken for lunch etc. and something like steak / stirfry / homemade chicken for dinner.
What exercises can I do in my room to lose this weight? and is running on a treadmill as effective as running in a feild? I have a large field behind my property that is well taken care of but has many ticks :o

thank you
Jun 29 2009 12:13am
Quote (dl22 @ Sun, Jun 28 2009, 09:23pm)
Hi there. First off thanks for volunteering to do this its really cool of you. I have a question sorry if its redundant since theres 130+ pages on here but:

I'm trying to lose fat but not necessarily be ripped. Like a soccer player type build. But i do want to be atleast some what tone so i do high rep low weight lifts. including bench, rows, shoulders (dont know what its called but taking dumbells and lfiting them up vertically), and curls. I run too but doesnt seem to be working. i just run 20 mins for 2 miles then give up cuz its boring lol. I also do crunches, leg lifts, hip abs, and taking my elbow to the opposite knee sit up thing. For supplements Im drinking red ginseng tea (for stamina for soccer), taking multivitams and whey protein to help me repair muscles tissue. I try to eat like chicken breast and if i go to subway only get wheat based bread. yet im still a fat fuck (prolly cuz ive been only doing this for 2 weeks) prior to this i never took any supplements and drink all pigging out alot on deep fried foods

Any dieting tips or other work outs would be cool.  or tell me if im doing something wrong.

Hey there.

I would be glad to help.

Please follow this basic guide that I compiled for someone the other day:

The key to overall weight loss is the following:

- Burn more calories than you take in

- eliminate sugar and simple carbs from your diet

- reduce carbs overall, and increase protein

- eliminate fast foods and frozen foods

- eat every 2-3 hours

- drink water or diet soda only

- Take fat burning supplements like BSN Atrophex, GAT Jet Fuel, or Nutrex Lipo-6

Good overall foods -

Protein - Lean meats like Chicken, turkey, tuna, fish, eggs, lean beef.

Complex Carbs - Whole Grains(all of them, like whole grain breads/pasta/brown rice, etc), Vegetables, legumes.

GOOD fats - Olive Oil, Nuts, Peanut butter, fish, OMEGA 3-6-9 supplements, avocados, etc.

You are going to want to take in only 2,000 calories a day....no more and no less.

You are going to want to get about 60% from protein, 25% from carbs, and 15% from good fats. READ THE LABELS OF WHAT YOU ARE EATING and keep a FOOD JOURNAL so you can add everything up.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE EATING EVERY 2-3 HOURS (SMALL MEALS)

In addition, make sure you do at least ONE HOUR of exercise each day. Cardiovascular activity like running, jogging, swimming, playing a sport, using a cardio machine at the gym, or lifting weights WITHOUT taking breaks...are all acceptable.

If you stick to this plan, Your body on its own burns 2,500 calories a day just from existing. You will be taking in 2,000 cal...which means you are burning 500 cal a day without exercise. Then when you exercise for at least 1 hour, you are expected to burn at least another 300 cal.

This mean 800 cal / day is burned. At the end of the week that is 1.5 solid pounds of FAT....not to mention another pound or two or water.

Sample meal plan (No carbs after your 3rd meal each day)

Meal 1 – 1 cup oatmeal, 3 whole eggs, 1 banana
Meal 2 – tuna sandwich on whole grain bread
Meal 3 – chicken and sweet potato with salad
Meal 4 – beef and broccoli
Meal 5 – turkey and cheese slices
Meal 6 – 1 cup cottage cheese

Gold: 1,050.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 29 2009 12:20am
what is the best way to grip any free weights (barbell/dumbell) to prevent wrist injuries?

or is it all the same for pull and push exercises, grip it nice and firm and keep your wrists straight

i'm not talking about wide/close grip, overhand grip, etc.

i read this, and i wonder if this is how others do it

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-grip-bars-correctly-push-vs-pull-exercises/

This post was edited by SmeSnitches on Jun 29 2009 12:21am
Jun 29 2009 12:28am
Quote (warden06 @ Mon, Jun 29 2009, 12:51am)
Hey, looking for some help in losing extra weight ive been trying to get off since december
Age- Just turned 17
Weight- 140 (according to bathroom scale, prolly not 100% acurate)
Height- def above 5'11" (from doctors in august)
Workout routine- *usually at about 10-1pm area*, about 30 crunches, benching (3 sets of about 5 reps of 115 llb, pathetic but just started), then go back and do 30-50+ crunches. I used to do alot of pushups but kind of stopped after I started benching a week ago

I'm looking to have flat stomach/ lean chest.. I'm not looking to gain a ton muscle but just lean out
what foods can I pick up at the market and what should my daily nutrition look like? i usually eat things like nutragrain bars n such maybe an apple or banana every other day but the rest is things made in the oven out of a package like breaded perdue chicken for lunch etc. and something like steak / stirfry / homemade chicken for dinner.
What exercises can I do in my room to lose this weight? and is running on a treadmill as effective as running in a feild? I have a large field behind my property that is well taken care of but has many ticks  :o

thank you

Hey there - see the post below....except you need to up your calories to +500 / day instead of -800 / day. To do this, simply increase your portion sizes and eat carbs through your last meal of the day. However, keep everything else the same.

As far as exercising goes...scroll back about 1-3 pages on the forum...there's a great series of plans there and any will do fine.

Jun 29 2009 12:35am
Quote (SmeSnitches @ Mon, Jun 29 2009, 02:20am)
what is the best way to grip any free weights (barbell/dumbell) to prevent wrist injuries?

or is it all the same for pull and push exercises, grip it nice and firm and keep your wrists straight

i'm not talking about wide/close grip, overhand grip, etc.

i read this, and i wonder if this is how others do it

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-grip-bars-correctly-push-vs-pull-exercises/

Very common problem. The site you posted up is actually fairly accurate. HOWEVER - there are 3 other tips.

1. Position the bar in a position of COMFORT (everyone is different....find the angle YOU need to work for you)

2. Use Wrist Wraps!

3. If pain persists...try using dumbbells instead of barbells and angling your hands accordingly.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11371381391401412039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll