d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1129612971298129913002039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 15 2012 08:24pm
Quote (SC_Leader @ Feb 15 2012 08:10pm)
Ditto what he said btw :D

Also, what are some of your favorite shoulder workouts?

Thanks man!

Military Press, DB Shoulder Press (seated), Arnold Press, Lat/Front DB Raises, DB Shrugs, BB Shrugs, Reverse Pec Deck (Can also be done on back day depending on how you like to hit rear delts), and gorilla press (if powerlifting)
Gold: 3,040.00
Feb 15 2012 10:13pm
Alpha Lipoic Acid

Thoughts on it?

Also other than NOW 600mg brand which is on back order on bb.com what is another brand that you like.
Gold: 125.00
Feb 16 2012 02:08pm
Hey Raynor,

What's the best way you recommend I design a meal plan for myself? Right now I'm looking for a balanced meal plan which I can shift the calories up or down slightly depending. I'm still building muscle, but I want to run a passive fat-loss meal plan (not cutting).

I'm looking to have 2-3 primary meals a day, and 1-2 sub meals per day (3 primary 1 sub, or 2 primary 2 sub).

I'm 173 pounds, and I've gone up in body fat % by a bit. I'd say I'm at about 14% body fat right now. I'm 5'10.

(Side-note: I'm trying to work my motivation back up, but I haven't had a lot of motivation like I did a few months ago. I'm really motivated right at the moment and have been this week, but I'm trying to keep that up. Part of my lack of motivation is a lower level of energy... I'd feel explosive when working out before, able to pound through reps and pain felt muddled down as if it was pleasing to me. I've brought my sleep back into order this week, I'm back on taking vitamins properly, I'm taking creatine again, and I'm trying to get my diet in order... anything else I can do?)

Thanks.
Feb 16 2012 07:34pm
Quote (FATALxRYAN @ Feb 16 2012 12:13am)
Alpha Lipoic Acid

Thoughts on it?

Also other than NOW 600mg brand which is on back order on bb.com what is another brand that you like.

The best one is AST R+ALA

You always want R+
Feb 16 2012 07:40pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Feb 16 2012 04:08pm)
Hey Raynor,

What's the best way you recommend I design a meal plan for myself? Right now I'm looking for a balanced meal plan which I can shift the calories up or down slightly depending. I'm still building muscle, but I want to run a passive fat-loss meal plan (not cutting).

I'm looking to have 2-3 primary meals a day, and 1-2 sub meals per day (3 primary 1 sub, or 2 primary 2 sub).

I'm 173 pounds, and I've gone up in body fat % by a bit. I'd say I'm at about 14% body fat right now. I'm 5'10.

(Side-note: I'm trying to work my motivation back up, but I haven't had a lot of motivation like I did a few months ago. I'm really motivated right at the moment and have been this week, but I'm trying to keep that up. Part of my lack of motivation is a lower level of energy... I'd feel explosive when working out before, able to pound through reps and pain felt muddled down as if it was pleasing to me. I've brought my sleep back into order this week, I'm back on taking vitamins properly, I'm taking creatine again, and I'm trying to get my diet in order... anything else I can do?)

Thanks.

To design a meal plan for your purposes, I would advise that you eat right at the BMR level. IE: if your BMR is 2,500 cals a day, eat 2,500 cals a day. The deficit will come from exercise which will generate a small amount of fat loss.

As far as the meals go, I would try to pick foods you like and toy around with them in different ways. Example, if you happen to like rotisserie chicken, buy one, pull it off the bone and add it to pasta with chopped up broccoli and carrots, add olive oil and some romano cheese. Absolutely amazing. Make enough for 3-4 servings and have that as a dinner meal 3-4 nights a week. You make it up on a sunday and thus have meals prepared for the week.

You will do this for at least a portion of your meals. As for the quick to go meals, I would advise things like beef jerky, cheese sticks, mixed nuts, greek yogurt, mixed veggies/fruits, peanut butter, and even milk or protein shakes.

For breakfast and other meals, you can consider what you enjoy eating and go from there. Making up food in advance is very helpful...I highly recommend it. For breakfast, you can also try VPX Zero impact bars. Good macros for breakfast.

In regard to motivation, try additional caffeine. Drink black coffee every day. Also make sure you're getting enough sleep. You also might need to just force yourself back into the swing of things. Usually after 1-2 weeks of forcing it, your body begins to crave it and require it for proper functioning.
Gold: 22.50
Feb 16 2012 08:12pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 12 Feb 2012 21:32)
I would stop doing barbell bench and exchange it for dumbbell bench. You can definitely hit you chest, just change the grip to a more neutral position.

For dips, scrap these because this puts a TON of strain on the rotator cuffs. After the pain subsides, you can go back to them, but try not to go as deep.

hey raynor i havent had any pain in my shoulder after doing my routine a couple of times

ive decided starting with tonights workout i will replace dips with military press and im going to try and do rotator cough warm ups b4 every work out

does this sound like a good plan if im stubborn about bb bench? im thinking if any aggrivation comes up again i will switch to db bench for my next 10 week routine
Feb 16 2012 08:23pm
Quote (MyAddiction @ Feb 16 2012 10:12pm)
hey raynor i havent had any pain in my shoulder after doing my routine a couple of times

ive decided starting with tonights workout i will replace dips with military press and im going to try and do rotator cough warm ups b4 every work out

does this sound like a good plan if im stubborn about bb bench? im thinking if any aggrivation comes up again i will switch to db bench for my next 10 week routine

Yes that should be of help to you.

Just keep it up and see how you feel week-by-week
Gold: 0.00
Feb 16 2012 08:49pm
Thank you for the answer on my knee

I got an other question for you.

I got mycosis on my skin ( Started back the gym, t-shirt full of sweat...) I only saw a big spot on my belly at start so I went at the doctor and she gave me fungal cream.

It has been 2 weeks putting cream every night on my mycosis on the belly ( I saw a little improvement, I don't know the treatment last how long...) and I see that I have mycosis every where ( around the neck, on the side, belly).

Should I go back at the doctor to get anti-fungus pills or keep putting cream on it?

Thank you!
Gold: 9,159.00
Feb 17 2012 03:06am
hey,

i just had an mri on my shoulder, rotator cuff. It has been going on for 6 months now. We were afraid it would be a tear but the mri revealed it's a minor supersplinatus inflammation. The doctor says i can keep taking naproxen or get a direct shot in the shoulder, what should i do? I want to healed up asap so i can exercise again, my muscle has basically gone to nothing.
Gold: 450.00
Feb 17 2012 05:34am
Considering you know food better then anybody on this site, i figured id ask you this.

Ive been really trying to fix up my diet, and ive been buying "natural" peanut butter. Ive bought multiple different brands, and noticed some things.

When i buy smuckers natural, it seems more "natural" due to the fact that the oil separates and sit on top. Some other "natural" peanut butters are "no need to stir" and use palm oil.

So my question is, is palm oil peanut butter still good for u, because thats what ive been buying lately due to i found a really cheap place to buy it, and its simply easier to just open it and spread rather than carefully stir and not spill the oil in the process.

Thanks!
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1129612971298129913002039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll