d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1129412951296129712982039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 14 2012 05:50pm
Quote (Ladsy @ Feb 14 2012 12:00pm)
Hello there,my gf is interested in the dukan diet

Good idea / bad idea?

I skimmed through it, it seems alright to me! Thanks!

She doesn't really need to lose weight but she is insistent

I do not like it. Very gimmicky.

Just go online and find a BMR calculator. Get her resting BMR, and then add 400 calories per hour of INTENSE physical activity. Example. If her BMR is 1,500 and she does 1 hour of INTENSE exercise per day, her total BMR is 1,900.

If she wants to lose fat, she needs 500 less than total BMR per day. That means she would need to eat around 1,400 calories per day. On days when she does NOT exercise, she will eat 300 calories under BMR. So if her bmr is 1,500 - she will eat 1,200.

As far as the types of foods to eat goes....she should AVOID sugar and simple carbs, and stick to lean protein, complex carbs, fiberous fruits and veggies, and good fats.

Basically eat anything except for:

Sugary foods/drinks, white rice/white bread/sugary cereal, potatoes, grapes, corn, peas, fruit juice, bananas, and okra.

She should strive for a lot of chicken, turkey, fish, lean beef, eggs, greek yogurt, salad and green veggies, apples/pears/kiwis/berries, brown rice, oats, whole grain cereal, and pasta.

Just remember to count the calories!! this is the best approach for her purposes.
Gold: 0.05
Warn: 60%
Feb 14 2012 07:54pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 15 2012 07:50am)
I do not like it. Very gimmicky.

Just go online and find a BMR calculator. Get her resting BMR, and then add 400 calories per hour of INTENSE physical activity. Example. If her BMR is 1,500 and she does 1 hour of INTENSE exercise per day, her total BMR is 1,900.

If she wants to lose fat, she needs 500 less than total BMR per day. That means she would need to eat around 1,400 calories per day. On days when she does NOT exercise, she will eat 300 calories under BMR. So if her bmr is 1,500 - she will eat 1,200.

As far as the types of foods to eat goes....she should AVOID sugar and simple carbs, and stick to lean protein, complex carbs, fiberous fruits and veggies, and good fats.

Basically eat anything except for:

Sugary foods/drinks, white rice/white bread/sugary cereal, potatoes, grapes, corn, peas, fruit juice, bananas, and okra.

She should strive for a lot of chicken, turkey, fish, lean beef, eggs, greek yogurt, salad and green veggies, apples/pears/kiwis/berries, brown rice, oats, whole grain cereal, and pasta.

Just remember to count the calories!! this is the best approach for her purposes.

thankyou very much, ive forwarded it on to her

another issue:

ive seemed to have sparked a 12 page (so far) debate on milk, here -> http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=60936577&f=60

milk is good vs milk is bad, all over the interenet different people swear by its good properties and others how truly bad it is for you

is it a case of the benefits outweigh the negatives? because almost anything CAN have bad effects, but the benefits usually outweigh them

or is it dependant on your goals whether you consume it? i consume about 1 litre of full milk per day, and have been for many many years.

my goal being to maintain muscle mass as best i can and get body fat as low as i can (without going hyper serious about it) i still want to have fun occasionally

would milk be hindering these goals? or a skimmed milk be better? or avoid milk all together?

thanks ~~ i owe you a few donations for all the help recently

also, another little debate thats aroused from my internet gained knowledge that id like to confirm with you

true / false / somewhat true / ?

If you don't drink enough water, your body goes into anti dehydration mode and your cells absorb more water 'to prolong your life' and therefore giving you a pudgier appearance because you are holding more water

If you drink a lot, your body senses no danger of dehydration, and it releases water from your cells, giving you a 'drier' look

Gold: 280.00
Feb 14 2012 08:12pm
Is it bad to add a tbsp of cocoa to my post workout shake?
Feb 14 2012 09:40pm
Quote (Ladsy @ Feb 14 2012 09:54pm)
thankyou very much, ive forwarded it on to her

another issue:

ive seemed to have sparked a 12 page (so far) debate on milk, here -> http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=60936577&f=60

milk is good vs milk is bad, all over the interenet different people swear by its good properties and others how truly bad it is for you

is it a case of the benefits outweigh the negatives? because almost anything CAN have bad effects, but the benefits usually outweigh them

or is it dependant on your goals whether you consume it? i consume about 1 litre of full milk per day, and have been for many many years.

my goal being to maintain muscle mass as best i can and get body fat as low as i can (without going hyper serious about it) i still want to have fun occasionally

would milk be hindering these goals?  or a skimmed milk be better? or avoid milk all together?

thanks ~~ i owe you a few donations for all the help recently

also, another little debate thats aroused from my internet gained knowledge that id like to confirm with you

true / false / somewhat true / ?

If you don't drink enough water, your body goes into anti dehydration mode and your cells absorb more water 'to prolong your life' and therefore giving you a pudgier appearance because you are holding more water

If you drink a lot, your body senses no danger of dehydration, and it releases water from your cells, giving you a 'drier' look

First of all, anyone who says Milk is BAD for you obviously either hates the taste of milk or got their information from a very skewed source. Milk is only bad under the following conditions:

1. Allergy
2. Lactose Intolerance
3. Severe Sinus Congestion or Mucus Problems
4. Carb sensitive people trying to diet

As far as other people go, Milk is absolutely fine. Whole or 2% are the better options in my opinion. Milk fat, although partially saturated, is not bad for you. As long as you keep your macros in line (protein/carbs/fat) and of course calories, milk is a wonderful dietary addition. If someone can show me ONE independent scientific study conducted by a reputable organization that shows milk being "bad" for human consumption, I would like to see it.

Granted, milk (cow milk) was designed for baby cows, one could argue that eggs were designed for producing baby chickens. In addition, steak was designed for being the lean mass of a bull. So the rabbit hole goes pretty deep when you start imagining what everything "should" be. The fact of the matter is that Cow Milk is fine for human consumption and provides decent nutritional benefits. HOWEVER, I would advise Organic milk over regular for the sake of no hormones/antibiotics being given to the cows. If raw milk is available, I would drink that over pasteurized.

Lastly, in respect to water - yes it is true. Drink more water to shed more water. Keep the body constantly hydrated.

1-1.5 gals of water throughout the day is a MUST for a healthy and active male.

Feb 14 2012 09:40pm
Quote (Ibbill @ Feb 14 2012 10:12pm)
Is it bad to add a tbsp of cocoa to my post workout shake?

Not in the least. I do it all the time myself. Cocoa and stevia...amazing.
Gold: 0.01
Feb 14 2012 09:47pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 15 2012 03:40am)
Not in the least. I do it all the time myself. Cocoa and stevia...amazing.

Is it true cocoa is a fat burner?
Gold: 4.00
Feb 15 2012 12:05am
sort of odd problem I'm having.

I don't drink alcohol often. maybe once every 2 weeks. But now every time I drink I wake up sick. I used to be able to tolerate alcohol very well with no side effects. Now if I drink 3 beers I'll be throwing up all the next morning. Even one drink made my stomach feel uncomfortable the next day. The only thing that has changed is that I've started taking kre-alkalyn. could that be the source of the problem? Oh I should mention that each time I've been drinking recently I drink at the very minimum a liter of water before bed.. still get sick. What's going on?
Gold: 7,229.10
Feb 15 2012 02:13am
would this be efficient way to train? Since i got max 1 hour in the gym..
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/how_to_build_any_muscle_group

something like 3 muscle groups per workout? then switch after 4 weeks to another 3 muscle groups and so forth..
Gold: 2,934.00
Feb 15 2012 02:44am
hello my name is justin i am 20 years old going to be 21 in march i don't drink don't smoke don't do drugs hate using proper grammar on forums :P
when i was a freshman i weighed 145 pounds
sophomore - 155 i didnt do anything during the summer lol
junior - 210+ never actually weighed my self cause i knew i was gettin fat lol again i did nothing during the summer
senior - 160 started working out and running
i dropped back down to 144 at one point during the summer after i graduated
and then my life went to shit and i was depressed but the details aside i am back up to 200+ probably around 210 we do not have a scale at the house also i have more stretch marks then a 10 time pregnant woman on my triceps biceps armpits stomach i have sworn off swimming ever again unfortunately but it's the price i pay for not taking care of my body when it needed the most and now it's sadly too late to realize that but whatever

my goal is to drop down to like 160 again that would be fuckin awesome i don't really care all that much about gaining muscle i just straight up want to lose fat
i have been eating maybe 1000 calories max a day the last week
for example what i ate today is 1 chocolate cookie, like 8 potato chips regular lays if it maters (i ate these after i gulped down a multi vitamin) and approx 355 calories worth of pizza

i have no weights just 1 cinder block i stole and am about to start benching it while i'm laying down in bed i have no idea how much it weighs i think like 35 pounds
and i have started doing some cardio kickboxer workouts i have found on my cable on demand

i would like your thoughts in general please if u need anything else please ask as i really would like to fit in my jeans again

e: also idk if it matters i have kinda bad knees like i can't even kneel on them for more then 2 minutes without them hurting. it's not cause the weight lol they have hurt since i was in elementary school it was hard for me to even get down like a catcher and stand back up but i mean i can run/walk just fine on them i just can't kneel or get down like a catcher oh and i can't even do a legit squat my knees just start to give out

This post was edited by newbii3 on Feb 15 2012 03:00am
Gold: 2,260.01
Feb 15 2012 02:48am
hey ray,

can you rate these tricep exercises in order of which you think works the tricep the best?

close grip bench
weighted tricep dips
skullcrushers
tricep pulldown
tricep kickbacks
behind the head dumbbell tricep extension
one arm dumbbell tricep extension
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1129412951296129712982039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll