d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1126712681269127012712039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 25 2012 10:31am
Quote (45sz @ Jan 24 2012 09:30pm)
I've been taking 2/2 kre alk Sci fit. Per day....  For about 2 weeks .  For the past 5 days my eyes. Are so sensitive to light and I just want to close the
....I don't have trouble seeing. They just hurt to read something on my phone etc as if I've been played diablo 2 for 15 hrs straight....  I rarely watch tv. And keep myself busy so it's. Not from playing video games or some shit. Idk what's going on.  Never happened. Ever.

Can kre alk dry up the eyes?  I've noticed my skin has been very dry also mainly my face. It all seems so unusual and the only thing I can think of is the kre alk.

Guess the only way to find.  I'm gonns stop taking it for a week and how I feel.

I found this on some website....

Burning in the eyes is not a common side effect of using creatine and may be the result of an allergic reaction. Like any substance you ingest, your immune system can malfunction, triggering an allergy that can result in a wide range of symptoms that irritate soft tissues, such as your eyes. Creatine is not for everyone and should not be taken without first consulting with your doctor. The supplement is commonly used by athletes to increase muscle mass and athletic performance.

:(

The problem most likely has nothing to do with the kre alkalyn. It sounds like you have been exposed to an air allergen like pollen or something similar. It can also be a wide array of other problems. Right now I'd just advise that you get some similisan eye drops and try those and see how you feel. You can also go see an allergist if you think it's an allergic issue...or you can see a optometrist for an eye exam in case you are suffering from eyestrain just from daily use.

The odds of it being kre alkalyn related are extremely low.
Jan 25 2012 10:32am
Quote (xKoopa @ Jan 24 2012 11:09pm)
Ok thanks man, and got another question. I saw some protein bars packaged as low carb diet friendly. They had 25 or so grams of carbs but said that only 2 should be counted towards total carbs. I glanced and saw it had around 22g of sugar alcohol and was curious if these were actually ok for keto?

No they are NOT ok for keto.

They will still throw you right out of ketosis.

There are currently NO protein bars safe for keto consumption.
Jan 25 2012 10:34am
Quote (Floppyduck @ Jan 25 2012 12:12am)
Hi, I decided I won't be fighting amature boxing anytime soon so i decided to quit cutting and to focus on my strength. my goals are simple, gainstrength and mass but reduce as muchfat gains as possible. I have the routine ( 5x5 strength) and I have an idea of what to eat ( Lean meats, lots of greens, complex carbs), but now i need to figure out my calories

According to the BMI forumula i took not to long ago, it predicted that i need 1700 Calories MINIMUM. I just have difficulty calculating how much total daily calories i need to bulk up, and i was hoping you could give me an estimate according to my daily activities i will give you.

At the moment, i am 5'5'', 147lbs ( dropped from 155!), and 9.9% Body fat.

Here is what I do every Week, as of now.

Monday
- 9:00 AM - 9:50AM Jogging class, for atleast 30 minutes at a track 
- 10:00 AM-11:00 Chest Day and a bit of tricep
- 6:00- 8:00 Boxing 

Tuesday
- 12:00PM-1:00PM Back Day and a bit of bicep
- 6:00-8:00PM Boxing

Wednesday
- 9:00 AM-9:50 AM Jogging class, for atleast 30 minutes at a track 
- 10:00 AMLeg Day
Thursday
- 12:00PM Shoulder Day
- 6:00-8:00PM Boxing
Friday
- 1:00-1:50PM Arms day
-6:00-8:00PM Boxing
Saturday
12:00-1:00 PM Boxing

If you need me to post a rough draft of my diet, please let me know. Thanks Raynor!

You need about 2,200 cals a day to see muscular gains as well as keep the fat loss to a minimum. Pay attention to your body. If after a few weeks your strength doesn't seem to increase, then raise calories by about 300 per day. If you see that you're gaining fat, lower calories by 300 per day.
Jan 25 2012 10:37am
Quote (Streblo1 @ Jan 25 2012 06:05am)
Thanks for the response.  I'm having a really hard time eating that many calories a day.

for breakfast I had vectar cereal with soy milk, 2 slices of toast with peanut butter and a glass of orange juice.  For a snack a made a shake with some frozen berries,banana, soy milk and some wheat grass.  Had a coffee and chicken thai wrap at work and an 8 oz burger without cheese after that.  an apple and a glass of soy milk before bed.  I'm guessing that's only around 2,500 calories and felt pretty stuffed all day.  Do you recommend slowing down on the excercising until I can eat more calories or to keep working harder?  Do digestive enzymes help my body absorb more?

Sorry for so many questions,  but I also wanted to ask if marijuana or alcohol could get in the way of weight gain?

1. get rid of soymilk and all soy for that matter. It's bad for men looking to bulk - PERIOD. Use almond milk if you want, or anything other than soy milk lol.

2. Your protein is extremely low. You are also using soy as a major protein source which is horrible for men. You need to eat more meats, period.

3. You need the enzymes and you also need to eat more frequently. Eat every 2-3 hours WITHOUT FAIL. Increase the protein intake, and slow down the sugar intake.

Don't cut down any exercise....just keep at it. You need to discipline yourself. 2,500 calories is nothing if you put your mind to it. I can eat 2,500 calories in one sitting. Once you do a week of forced eating, you will start gaining a lot of hunger and eating much more on your own.

edit:

maryjane and alcohol don't really prevent you from gaining weight.

I would advise avoiding both of them though.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jan 25 2012 10:51am
Gold: 858.40
Jan 25 2012 01:21pm
Hello. I was wondering what kinds of lifts/things I can do to burn fat. I have a very hard time watching what I eat, but I never seem to gain weight. I just lose it when I try, then gain it back when I'm lazy.

I'm 6'2 195 lbs, and my mid section is what I want to lose weight in. I have a little belly and some "love handles". Even when I try really hard and drop down to ~180-185 I still have the belly and love handles. What can I do to get rid of them? I haven't lifted in over a month because I've been back from college and I don't have gym membership around here, but I go back to college in a week and I know once I start lifting/playing basketball I'll drop down to ~190 then if I run and stuff I could drop down to ~185 but how do I get rid of my mid section? Sorry for this wall of text :P
Gold: 0.00
Jan 25 2012 03:25pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 25 2012 09:37am)
1. get rid of soymilk and all soy for that matter. It's bad for men looking to bulk - PERIOD. Use almond milk if you want, or anything other than soy milk lol.

2. Your protein is extremely low. You are also using soy as a major protein source which is horrible for men. You need to eat more meats, period.

3. You need the enzymes and you also need to eat more frequently. Eat every 2-3 hours WITHOUT FAIL. Increase the protein intake, and slow down the sugar intake.

Don't cut down any exercise....just keep at it. You need to discipline yourself. 2,500 calories is nothing if you put your mind to it. I can eat 2,500 calories in one sitting. Once you do a week of forced eating, you will start gaining a lot of hunger and eating much more on your own.

edit:

maryjane and alcohol don't really prevent you from gaining weight.

I would advise avoiding both of them though.

mmm I never would have guessed that, i just chose the milk with the highest calories/protien but I guess almond milk has way less sugar, rice milk seems to barely have anything good in it. I'll buy almond milk next time I go. I'm going to go to the healthfood store and buy those tablets, V8 and some oatmeal aswell. I plan on making salads with avocados, spinach, chicken, and various otehr vegetables, what kind of dairy free salad dressing do you recommend? Thank you very much for the info it's been very informative, I have just recently started looking into eating properly. I've been doinga lot of research online but many websites I find seem to be inconsistent with each other, so I end up comming here to ask you.

This post was edited by Streblo1 on Jan 25 2012 03:29pm
Jan 25 2012 03:33pm
Quote (Newb. @ Jan 25 2012 03:21pm)
Hello. I was wondering what kinds of lifts/things I can do to burn fat. I have a very hard time watching what I eat, but I never seem to gain weight. I just lose it when I try, then gain it back when I'm lazy.

I'm 6'2 195 lbs, and my mid section is what I want to lose weight in. I have a little belly and some "love handles". Even when I try really hard and drop down to ~180-185 I still have the belly and love handles. What can I do to get rid of them? I haven't lifted in over a month because I've been back from college and I don't have gym membership around here, but I go back to college in a week and I know once I start lifting/playing basketball I'll drop down to ~190 then if I run and stuff I could drop down to ~185 but how do I get rid of my mid section? Sorry for this wall of text :P

You need to get some self-discipline and diet down.

There is no way to lose fat by doing certain exercises - that's hogwash.

Here is my 15 tip guide for fat loss - mostly for people who don't have the willpower to stick to a proper diet and exercise routine...

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=335587138
Fat loss 15 tips
Jan 25 2012 03:35pm
Quote (Streblo1 @ Jan 25 2012 05:25pm)
mmm I never would have guessed that, i just chose the milk with the highest calories/protien but I guess almond milk has way less sugar, rice milk seems to barely have anything good in it. I'll buy almond milk next time I go.  I'm going to go to the healthfood store and buy those tablets, V8 and some oatmeal aswell. I plan on making salads with avocados, spinach, chicken,  and various otehr vegetables, what kind of dairy free salad dressing do you recommend?  Thank you very much for the info it's been very informative, I have just recently started looking into eating properly.  I've been doinga lot of research online but many websites I find seem to be inconsistent with each other, so I end up comming here to ask you.

The soy protein is bad for you because it is estrogenic. It causes your body over time to produce more estrogen and thus you can end up having gyno-like symptoms including sore/tender breasts, increase fat gain around the chest/buttocks, lowered muscle mass, and so forth.

As far as the dressing goes - stick to Olive Oil and Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar. Perfect!
Jan 25 2012 03:36pm
Hey Raynor. What is your opinion on the healthiness of tuna. I usually eat a can a day. Would the levels of mercury consumed be dangerous if I continue doing so?
Jan 25 2012 04:03pm
Thank you so much :)
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1126712681269127012712039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll