d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1125012511252125312542039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 12 2012 07:19pm
Quote (xKoopa @ Jan 12 2012 07:40pm)
Is it important to stay below maintenance on keto? I find that im constantly hungry since i cut out carbs and estimate that im eating 200 or so cals above maintenance. Just curious if i can eat above maintenance and still lose bf%

Yes and no. This depends purely on exercise. If you are referring to maintenance as your BMR cals + exercise cals, then NO you can not lose fat doing that.

However if you are referring to 200 cals over BMR then exercise on top of that, it will work and you WILL have a deficit of calories in the end.

Remember you need more cals on workout days and less cals on nonworkout days.

Also to fix the hunger issue, try drinking water or eating celery/lettuce which are zero cal foods essentially and won't have any effect on your insulin or glycogen levels.
Gold: 345.22
Jan 12 2012 08:12pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 12 2012 08:19pm)
Yes and no. This depends purely on exercise. If you are referring to maintenance as your BMR cals + exercise cals, then NO you can not lose fat doing that.

However if you are referring to 200 cals over BMR then exercise on top of that, it will work and you WILL have a deficit of calories in the end.

Remember you need more cals on workout days and less cals on nonworkout days.

Also to fix the hunger issue, try drinking water or eating celery/lettuce which are zero cal foods essentially and won't have any effect on your insulin or glycogen levels.

K well ive been drinking a ton of water but ill try eatin some celery, do the carbs from celery not count? I think i looked em up and it had some tho not many. Im just constantly starving and tryin not to destroy all the fatty food in kitchen lol
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Jan 12 2012 09:41pm
I do not see any difference from creatine! Idk what is wrong with me...

I have taken an entire bottle of Kre-Alkalyn by Sci fit, and I've also used creatine mono by ON... I have not noticed jack shit from anything... Not taken any creatine in 2 weeks and have not noticed anything loss in power, size or reps..
Jan 12 2012 10:03pm
Quote (xKoopa @ Jan 12 2012 10:12pm)
K well ive been drinking a ton of water but ill try eatin some celery, do the carbs from celery not count? I think i looked em up and it had some tho not many. Im just constantly starving and tryin not to destroy all the fatty food in kitchen lol

Most of the carbs in celery are fiber. It takes a LOT of celery to equal out to any significant amount of carbs.
Jan 12 2012 10:05pm
Quote (bobbystool @ Jan 12 2012 11:41pm)
I do not see any difference from creatine! Idk what is wrong with me...

I have taken an entire bottle of Kre-Alkalyn by Sci fit, and I've also used creatine mono by ON... I have not noticed jack shit from anything... Not taken any creatine in 2 weeks and have not noticed anything loss in power, size or reps..

Curiously, how do you determine if you don't notice anything different on creatine? You realize that the gains you make while using creatine stay...they dont just magically disappear when you stop using it.

So all the time you used creatine and had muscular gains, you can attribute them PARTIALLY to creatine...and mostly to good diet and good routine.

If you were to go 6 weeks on a 5x5 plan WITH creatine (making sure to measure before/after weights) and then did 6 weeks on 5x5 WITHOUT creatine and also did a before/after weights - you'd find that the 6 weeks with creatine had higher total weight INCREASES.
Gold: 50.00
Jan 12 2012 11:38pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 12 2012 11:54am)
take 1x Vit A with a meal
Take 4 x vit C each day with meals
take 2x vitamin D 2,000 iu per day with meals
take 1x vitamin e per day with meals
take 2x cal-mag 2x per day with meals
take 2x omega-3 3x per day with meals
take 3x CL orange triad 2x per day with meals
take 1x zinc before bed

Just to make sure I'm good to take all these within the day correct? I've read that too much vitamin D is bad and too much vitamin C can cause kidney stones
Gold: 3,804.50
Jan 13 2012 12:17am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 12 2012 02:54pm)
take 1x Vit A with a meal
Take 4 x vit C each day with meals
take 2x vitamin D 2,000 iu per day with meals
take 1x vitamin e per day with meals
take 2x cal-mag 2x per day with meals
take 2x omega-3 3x per day with meals
take 3x CL orange triad 2x per day with meals
take 1x zinc before bed

on the topic, i've noticed your recommendations aren't really aligned with FDA's recommended daily values. do you follow an alternative guide (another country's, organization's, etc) or is this just gathered from different research/studies?
Jan 13 2012 03:48am
Quote (IDUTCIH @ Jan 13 2012 01:38am)
Just to make sure I'm good to take all these within the day correct? I've read that too much vitamin D is bad and too much vitamin C can cause kidney stones

take those all within a day...yes

and no you will not get kidney stones from vitamin c unless you take an obscene amount of it....

furthermore, 5,000 iu of vitamin d-3 every day is OPTIMAL, no problems
Jan 13 2012 03:55am
Quote (carteblanche @ Jan 13 2012 02:17am)
on the topic, i've noticed your recommendations aren't really aligned with FDA's recommended daily values. do you follow an alternative guide (another country's, organization's, etc) or is this just gathered from different research/studies?

The FDA is total BS.

They base their so-called research on extremely old and skewed data that shows the LOWEST requirements across the spectrum. These requirements are simply enough to "get by" so to speak. Just what your body physically requires at a bare minimum to sustain basic functioning.

Most people want more than BASIC functioning and want heightened immune systems, better sleep, better sex drive, better muscular endurance, better cardiovascular endurance, better overall feeling of well-being and so forth.

Every single bit of NON-FDA research has concluded that the human body requires MUCH more than the "daily requirements" for micronutrients (vitamins and minerals).

I also direct you to the FDA's macro charts. They believe an average person should eat 2,000 calories a day and only 50g of protein, 65g of fat, and a staggering 300g carbs. With this kind of diet you can expect to lose muscle mass, gain body fat, and basically turn yourself in soft pillowy marshmallow.

Most REAL nutritionists have actually took the time to study beyond the rubbish that the FDA attempts to give out to us American citizens. Generally it has been shown that nearly every single figure given by the FDA is completely untrue.

The FDA also advises a low-fat diet in order to control cholesterol. This could not be further from the truth. A diet HIGH in HDL fats is an absolute REQUIREMENT for lowering LDL cholesterol levels.

I don't even want to touch on their belief regarding protein intake....makes me absolutely nauseous to imagine people getting 50g of protein a day with 300g of carbs.

Anyway, my rant is over. Disregard almost anything the FDA says. Period.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Jan 13 2012 05:58am
Im new here :)

I wanna lose only a few weight...like 7-8

What do you recommand me doing/eating?
ps: im not much of a gym guy

Thanks
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1125012511252125312542039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll