d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11241251261271282039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 147.00
May 3 2009 07:41pm
18 years old
6'0
205lbs

Im looking to build muscle all around
and gain a 6pack.

All I have is a bar and a some dumbbells
So if theres any information you can give me it would be greatly appreciated. :D

I will donate
Gold: 0.00
May 3 2009 07:54pm
Quote (JCarter17 @ Mon, May 4 2009, 01:41am)
18 years old
6'0
205lbs

and gain a 6pack.

So if theres any information you can give me it would be greatly appreciated. :D

I will donate

subscrite to the gym
Gold: Locked
Warn: 10%
May 3 2009 11:14pm
17 y/o here
140 pounds
just started working out and all. im trying to get cut + a bit bigger. any tips
at the gym for each machine i do 3 sets of about 10 reps. does that sound a bit right? or is that too weak of a workout
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 4 2009 07:39pm
Quote (Powned @ Sun, May 3 2009, 06:44pm)
Hi, i'm 14 years old and i would like to have a six or 8 pack, and have good muscles everywhere.

I'm 5''5 - 5''6 and 108 Lbs.

Would you make me a workout schedule + what i should eat ?

Thanks, would also pay FG. Thanks in advance,

-Seb

Did you check out the thread yet? this sounds an aweful lot like a lot of other people that I have previously helped...rather than write out a whole bunch of what I've already posted...you might want to check it out first...

If you still can't find anything that suits you...PM me.

Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 4 2009 07:56pm
Quote (JCarter17 @ Sun, May 3 2009, 09:41pm)
18 years old
6'0
205lbs

and gain a 6pack.

I will donate

The first step would be a good gym membership...but if you can not afford it...try the following:

All you need is a bar + weights and some dumbbells to do everything you need.

Try classic pyramiding (working up in weight...higher reps lower weight at first, moving up to lower reps higher weight at the end...try 5 sets per exercise)

Day 1 - Chest - Bench Press, Incline Bench Press, Dumbbell Pec Flies, Incline Dumbbell Presses

Day 2 - Back - Straight leg Deadlifts, Bent over barbell rows, dumbbell lawnmower rows, laying dumbbell rows

Day 3 - Legs - Ass-To-Floor Squats (10 sets), Dumbbell Lunges, Barbell Calf Raises, dumbbell romanian deadlifts (focus on the hamstrings here)

Day 4 - Shoulders - Standing Military press (barbell), seated dumbbell shoulder press, Dumbbell Lat Raises, Dumbbell Shrugs

Day 5 - Arms - Standing barbell curls, seated dumbbell hammer curls, seated dumbbell skull crushers, dumbell tricep kickbacks (you can also try close-grip bench)

Do abs every other day for approximately 10 sets at the end of your workouts - do whatever ab exercises you feel the most - try alternating crunches, hanging leg raises, or full situps.
Gold: 340.00
May 4 2009 09:13pm
I have access to a full gym and plenty of time (2hours a day if I need it lol)
5'11" 165lbs but I don't look like I weigh that much
20 years old
basically no body fat
big problem for me is the nutrition since I can't use whey protein so I can't just use that for a cheap easy fix

here's a body shot lol incase you need to know how big I am physically apart from weight, because as I said, I'm smaller than some of my lighter friends :(
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc287/jbpellerin/IMG_0395.jpg

school just ended so I'm thinking I'm going to start working out again
my goal is to look bigger in general, so probably work on mainly pecs + arms
what I'm in need of is maybe a small plan I can start from since I don't want to look like a total retard if anyone else is in the gym with me
I used to go all the time but I has a list of what I did each day, so I know what the exercises are and how to do them
but I need some sort of schedule, like: monday wednesday friday do benchpress + preacher curl + xx + xx....

think you could help me out with this? or even link me to a reply somewhere in this thread where you've already answered a similar request lol

edit: also what kind of reps should I try to do
like 8-10, 3-5 or even 15. and something for sets too..?

This post was edited by jbpellerin on May 4 2009 09:14pm
Gold: 16,894.22
May 5 2009 12:35pm
hey there, i got a question.
would it be bad if i do , 2x chest, 2x legs and 2x back in a week?
simply cuz i find my progress has slowed down from doing :
-chest
-Bi/tris
-legs
-shoulders
-break
-abs
-Back.

was thinking of 1 day going heavy, another day going moderate/light weights.

-cheers
Gold: 147.00
May 5 2009 01:17pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, May 4 2009, 09:56pm)
The first step would be a good gym membership...but if you can not afford it...try the following:

All you need is a bar + weights and some dumbbells to do everything you need.

Try classic pyramiding (working up in weight...higher reps lower weight at first, moving up to lower reps higher weight at the end...try 5 sets per exercise)

Day 1 - Chest - Bench Press, Incline Bench Press, Dumbbell Pec Flies, Incline Dumbbell Presses

Day 2 - Back - Straight leg Deadlifts, Bent over barbell rows, dumbbell lawnmower rows, laying dumbbell rows

Day 3 - Legs - Ass-To-Floor Squats (10 sets), Dumbbell Lunges, Barbell Calf Raises, dumbbell romanian deadlifts (focus on the hamstrings here)

Day 4 - Shoulders - Standing Military press (barbell), seated dumbbell shoulder press, Dumbbell Lat Raises, Dumbbell Shrugs

Day 5 - Arms - Standing barbell curls, seated dumbbell hammer curls, seated dumbbell skull crushers, dumbell tricep kickbacks (you can also try close-grip bench)

Do abs every other day for approximately 10 sets at the end of your workouts - do whatever ab exercises you feel the most - try alternating crunches, hanging leg raises, or full situps.

I'd also like to lose a few lbs would you suggest some cardio during those days perhaps jogging?
Gold: 17,978.92
May 5 2009 05:33pm
I'm Looking for weight loss and not sure on the suppliments i need a good a BCAA and Caffine pill any suggestions that would be at GNC price vs quality if possible

Going of previous weight loss you have told people i have almost the exact stats as the guy you told 3000 calories 6 days a week and 1000/1200 carbs one day a week

Just curious how the meals would look

Btw this is what i was refering to

Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sun, Feb 22 2009, 05:31am)
Hello -

here's what you do.

6 days of the week, I want you to eat 3,000 calories spread out every 2-3 hours and in the form of just good proteins and fats. This means virtually any meat, vegetable, or dairy that you want. (this means no glycogen for the body to burn for energy...it will then start taking fat stores, and converting them to glycogen to burn for energy)

On the 7th day, you can carb up and eat about 1,000-1,200g of carbs also split up every 2-3 hours. This will cycle your basal metabolism to keep using glycogen to burn for energy (which you will be depriving it of during the other 6 days)

Take multi-vitamins, caffeine (all sources), and Essential Fatty Acids (with every meal).

Drink ice water constantly,

and when you work out at the gym or sleep at night try to be as warm as possible!!!

In addition - you will have to work out at least 5 days a week for 2.5 hours a day. If you can go 6 days, the time goes down to 2 hours a day 6 days a week.

Split your routines to accomidate 30 minutes of cardio at the END of a workout.

Take BCAA's throughout your workout to prevent muscle atrophe.

Weigh yourself once a week on the same scale at the same time under the same conditions and keep a log.

This post was edited by d1sturb3d on May 5 2009 05:39pm
Gold: 112.00
May 5 2009 05:42pm
Quote (d1sturb3d @ Tue, May 5 2009, 11:33pm)
I'm Looking for weight loss and not sure on the suppliments i need a good a BCAA and Caffine pill any suggestions that would be at GNC price vs quality if possible

Going of previous weight loss you have told people i have almost the exact stats as the guy you told 3000 calories 6 days a week and 1000/1200 carbs one day a week

Just curious how the meals would look

There's a few ones you can check out in this thread m8, just gotta do the tedious work of looking through the 126 pages meticulously lol.
bodybuilding.com has good prices on products, awesome shipping cost+delivery.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11241251261271282039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll