d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1123412351236123712382039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 2 2012 10:36pm
Quote (TempoONE @ Jan 2 2012 08:08pm)
how's vector as a cereal?

I personally think it's junk. It's a regular cereal with added soy protein.

You should just get a good quality shredded wheat (even a sweetened one) and have a protein shake with it.

Alternatively you should add the protein shake to the cereal and skip the milk - actually tastes pretty good if you have a good tasting shake to go with it.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 3 2012 01:03am
What are some signs of poor blood circulation and is there anything I can do to improve it?
Edit: I read Cayenne pepper can help?

This post was edited by xVanished on Jan 3 2012 01:05am
Gold: 2,000.00
Jan 3 2012 02:14am
I'm running low on creatine so need to get some more. Been taking mono for a while now but is there a better kind than mono powder? I would prefer taking it in a pill since it would be easier to take.
Jan 3 2012 02:24am
Quote (xVanished @ Jan 3 2012 03:03am)
What are some signs of poor blood circulation and is there anything I can do to improve it?
Edit: I read Cayenne pepper can help?

Blueish/Purple extremities, numbness/tingling, slow capillary refill (google this), edema of the hands/feet, among other things.

Yes Cayenne pepper does help, but mostly this is controlled with a proper diet and exercise.

Keep sodium to no more than 2,000-2,500 mg per day, and make sure to get at least 4,000-5,000 mg potassium every day.

In addition to this, you also need to drink 1-1.5 gal of water per day, and try to eat a clean diet.

Exercise frequently - at least 30-45 mins a day, 5 days a week.

In addition you can try some Di Arginine Malate to improve blood circulation

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jan 3 2012 02:27am
Jan 3 2012 02:27am
Quote (dark-soul @ Jan 3 2012 04:14am)
I'm running low on creatine so need to get some more. Been taking mono for a while now but is there a better kind than mono powder? I would prefer taking it in a pill since it would be easier to take.

Scifit Kre Alkalyn 1500

Kre Alkalyn is in capsule form and is basically just ph buffered creatine - it happens to be superior to monohydrate in every way.
Gold: 2,000.00
Jan 3 2012 02:42am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 3 2012 03:27am)
Scifit Kre Alkalyn 1500

Kre Alkalyn is in capsule form and is basically just ph buffered creatine - it happens to be superior to monohydrate in every way.

awesome ty
Gold: 69.19
Jan 3 2012 03:24am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 2 2012 11:34pm)
Absolutely. Your problem is that you are training traps wrong. I am willing to bet anything on this, especially when you say that you are doing 500lb shrugs. Very few people (with exception to powerlifters and pro bodybuilders) can do PROPER FORM 500lb shrugs.

Let me explain.

To perform a perfect shrug you will first use NO WEIGHT. Just dangle your arms at your sides or in front of you. Tilt your head back and point your chin up slightly (chin at approx 45 degree angle). Then, instead of bringing the shoulders straight up, bring them up and forward at the same time. Basically pretend you are saying "I dunno" and doing the natural shrug that come along with it. Consciously feel yourself rolling your traps to the front, rather than straight up. You will feel the muscles around your neck start to constrict and you will also feel your traps raising (instead of your shoulders). Also make sure NOT to roll the shoulders when doing shrugs. Just keep them on a proper angle...moving up and forward each time.

In addition to this being the proper form, you must have the proper rhythm in place. You will lift the shrug for a count of 1, hold it for a count of 2, and let it down for a count of 1. Remember, a count of 1 is 1-miss-iss-ipp-i. CONTROL the reps!!! Do NOT BOUNCE!! You will perform each rep as if the weight of the world is dangling on the bar in front of you. Give every rep your ALL with the traps ONLY. If you start sacrificing form for power on traps, they will NOT grow. Focus the whole time and envision your traps growing huge and filling up the whole gym (this is an Arnold tip that really does work).

I want you to try this form right now without any weight and see the noticeable difference. Traps are a frequently missed body part because of the form and angles required to properly hit them.

Good luck!

thanks for the info, I am doing traps tomorrow so ill give it a shot.

i was pretty much just tryin anything on going up stupid weight it never really seemed to help but sometimes i just get carried away haha :wacko:

Gold: 200.00
Jan 3 2012 05:37am
Do u have any advice on treating a single large blind pimple. I tried squeezing this small blind pimple and couldn't pop it. I know I shouldve left it alone, anyway now its like a miniture boil about the size of a 10cent piece. I can feel there is some pus under there but theres no head or anything and it's impossible to squeeze. Thinking about buying a syringe and trying to siphon some out. Dont want to go to the gym or show my face in public atm :(
Gold: 13.90
Jan 3 2012 08:11am
Hey there Raynor, hope you're doing well! :)

So, I've heard and read that, to build muscles you should first get your lifts up - the compounds to quite high numbers - then start with isolating exercises. I've read this, that they mean that most bodybuilders got there strength up first and then started isolating - since just isolating with low number lifts won't increase as much.

What's your knowledge / opinion about this thinking?
Gold: 0.00
Jan 3 2012 10:32am
Hey Raynor,

I made a thread in the Love Line, offering my advice because I like to help people with their problems.

Some guy seemed to have a problem with it, and created this opinion based on nothing to be honest...and I wanted to know your opinion about this since you have a similar help thread stickied in this section

Quote (irimi @ Jan 3 2012 04:15am)
I'm trolling your thread because I think it's ridiculously self-serving and narcissistic for anyone to make this thread like you did.  It's not like this forum doesn't have enough people making new threads almost daily with the problems they're having.

But no.  They have to come to your thread to ask questions because somehow you're just that much better than everyone.  Instead of it being about them and their problems, which is what it really should be, you're turning this into something about you.  The "I'll give advice for free" bit - as if anyone here expects to pay or be paid for advice - as well as the fact that you colored your thread title is just icing on the cake.

Also, I love the "I like." after the "Well said."  As if it should matter whether you like it or not.  And again, turning something that isn't about you into something that is.
Quote (Darkblue)
wow...I dont know where you gather this opinion. i take it that it strikes you as selfish towards others wanting to help--such as yourself--by creating a single thread to help, but you really got it all twisted lol...so hostile out of nowhere.

no one HAS to come to my thread, no one is forced to.
i made a thread volunteering my help without any cost (therapy, IRL it can cost a lot of money so there goes your charge bit) why? because ive helped a lot of people in the past with my advice,  a lot of people like my advice, and I like to help people. so wherever youre getting your "narcissistic selfish" stuff must be an opinion made of anger. to add on, ive had quite a few people PM, and really appreciated that they could ask or vent in PRIVACY to a confident.

MY turn? You seem to have an inferiority complex and jealousy as well. You see someone divert attention to want to help and it angers you. So in the efforts to belittle the other you LOL at his thread in immaturity, and then create some hallucination of what his goal is. And you are just being a jerk quite frankly.

and here's the thread link: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=59887981&f=162&o=0

This post was edited by Darkblue on Jan 3 2012 10:35am
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1123412351236123712382039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll