d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11221231241251262039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 27 2009 12:50am
Quote (Peachie @ Sun, Apr 26 2009, 11:54pm)
What is your opinion on BCAA megadosing? (upwards of 30+ grams of free form bcaas)

not really very useful - I have found that gradual dosing (like 2-4g every 45 mins) is much more effective than 30g at once
Gold: 5.83
Apr 27 2009 12:23pm
My question is this...

I am a 16 year old female, I sit at the computer a bit too much not getting enough physical exercise, I don't eat properly and or at the right times of the

morning/day/evening, I am currently 1.77 meters tall and weigh 56.54 kilos, I live in Sweden and the weather is becoming very nice again, away from the

cold drab winter, I have pretty much always been ' a big girl ' I don't consider myself ' fat ' but I am really out of shape :( what would you suggest

for getting myself toned down a little bit, and my cardiovascular up, I notice just walking up a flight of stairs or anything of that nature, by the time

I reach the top I'm out of breath and my legs hurt :lol:

thank you for your time,

~Marina.
Banned
Gold: 20.51
Warn: 70%
Apr 27 2009 05:26pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, Apr 27 2009, 02:50am)
not really very useful - I have found that gradual dosing (like 2-4g every 45 mins) is much more effective than 30g at once

obviously not all at once :P

pretty much just sipping on a big jug with bcaas throughout the day... just wanted your opinion if its really effective or just "broscience"
Gold: 1.00
Apr 28 2009 10:25am
Quote (Marooned @ Mon, 27 Apr 2009, 18:23)
My question is this...

I am a 16 year old female, I sit at the computer a bit too much not getting enough physical exercise, I don't eat properly and or at the right times of the

morning/day/evening, I am currently 1.77 meters tall and weigh 56.54 kilos, I live in Sweden and the weather is becoming very nice again, away from the

cold drab winter, I have pretty much always been ' a big girl ' I don't consider myself ' fat ' but I am really out of shape :( what would you suggest

for getting myself toned down a little bit, and my cardiovascular up, I notice just walking up a flight of stairs or anything of that nature, by the time

thank you for your time,

~Marina.

I was going to tell you that you arent fat because you weight as much as my gf
bu then I realised that she needs to loose weight

try to do some jogging in the morning
eat better,eat less
when you eat,dont eat till your full
eat until you are not hungry
Apr 28 2009 02:58pm
Quote (Peachie @ Mon, Apr 27 2009, 07:26pm)
obviously not all at once :P

pretty much just sipping on a big jug with bcaas throughout the day... just wanted your opinion if its really effective or just "broscience"

ohhh...well actually it's very effective at preventing muscle atrophy...but it isn't necessary for anabolism - do it during cutting cycles...but during bulking its not necessary.
Apr 28 2009 03:21pm
Quote (SmeSnitches @ Mon, Apr 27 2009, 12:23am)
do you know the most correct way to do a standing military press? how wide should your grip be? i've been doing what i was told which was to keep my forearms almost in front of my shoulders

also , i posted a thread a week ago and this guy said the correct way to do the bench press is like this and i've been doing it with my elbows out(45 degrees) i have no idea what it means when people tell you to keep your shoulder blades in when benching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUcjOIZc80c&feature=channel_page

how often should i increase my weights and when? i'm follownig the rippetoes routine

so nothing in packaging is good for you? like frozen microwavable foods

what should i eat before going to bed? i can not afford casein protein yet because im using whey right now for post workouts and i dont want to waste that much money on casein and i heard milk had casein protein in it, so i drink that every day now before i go to bed

what else should i eat before going to bed? or i shouldnt eat at all but maybe one hour before

last time i did bent barbell rows, i sort of strained my wrists and i have always put form first in front of everything, i believe my form was good,my back was straight and everything and i was only using my arms to do the work, do you know the correct grip or technique to holding the barbell?

For standing mil press, keep your arms approx at shoulders width - use your feeling as a guide....if it feels too wide or too narrow, then it is.

the bench method you showed me is good - that is proper lifting form for power.

Increase weights as often as you physically can without jeopardizing form and overall quality and number of reps.

microwave foods are horrible, whole foods are the best way to stay healthy and get big

eat cottage cheese + mixed nuts before bed.

for barbell rows form see here:http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?Name=Bent+Over+Barbell+Row
Apr 28 2009 03:26pm
Quote (Marooned @ Mon, Apr 27 2009, 02:23pm)
My question is this...

thank you for your time,

~Marina.

Hey there. Sounds like you would proabably need to just get into a good habit of doing cardio and eating correctly.

To do this in basic form, here is what you should do.

Eat every 2-3 hours (small meals/snacks) - stick to whole foods like vegetables, lean meats (chicken, turkey, tuna, fish, eggs, etc.)

Reduce or eliminate sugar from your diet

Eat lots of raw vegetables to curb hunger throughout the day

Drink only unsweetened drinks like water or tea, or have DIET soda.

For exercise you will need to stick to a very simple plan. Try to do at least 1-2 hours of vigorous exercise every day. Try fast-walking at first, walk for about 30 minutes and see how you feel. Then a few hours later walk for another 30 minutes. Do this for the first week. The second week, move up to 1 hour walk, followed by another 1 hour walk several hours later.

After a few weeks of that, try more advanced things like climbing stairs for 30 minutes straight, then going for a jog for 30 minutes later.

Within 1 month you should have lost approximately 10lbs - and feel a LOT better.

Gold: 1,836.00
Apr 28 2009 08:18pm
Hello, thanks for doing this for everyone :D
and since you seem to know a ton about this kinda stuff I figure I'll see what you suggest.

Stats:

17 years old
5'10''
150 lbs
6 pack / nicely cut etc
230 bench
305 squat
210 clean & jerk

I was wondering what kind of stretches would you suggest. I have been lifting for a while and streched quite a bit when I first started and then quit altogether when I broke my ankle. I recently started working out again. Just wondering what you think. Also would like a suggestion on what weight/percent of total I should use for my lifts and how many reps/sets?

Much thanks :thumbsup:
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Apr 28 2009 09:19pm
hey man I have a question for you:

Im 18
6'2
160 pounds

Thin, but not really skinny.

I have definition, from when I used to work out seriously, but even then I didnt know what I was doing

I weighed 180, but it was with creatine. Stopeed working out completely, stopped the creatine, and went down to 150 or so, now im at 160

I want to be back at 180 ( or at least look like i am ) by prom. I have about 2 months, and I want to get this fast

Basically, what Im aiming for is BIG arms - like the type people notice when you walk past. i used to have these, and I have been doing curls, but it doesnt do too much since I dont have enough weight.

A gnarly chest, and more definition to my stomach

Ill be biking alot this summer, so legs dont need to be worked on

With all of this, I would also like to be able to hold my breath better than I do now

I smoke ( yaya i know...) and I like to fight/ jiu jitsu with friends, but after a round or two I am almost seizuring on the floor from lack of O2.

Help me out please, In detal if possible. I would REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks man!
Gold: 0.00
Apr 29 2009 12:05am
What do you think of sun flower seeds as a snack? Does it work anywhere near the same as nuts and such?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11221231241251262039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll