d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1119811991200120112022039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Dec 6 2011 09:30pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Dec 6 2011 11:18pm)
You mean deadlifting to knees is bad? Not the conventional deadlift itself right?

No.

Deadlifting in general CAN hurt the knees and over time cause the cartilage around the knees to wear thin. HOWEVER, deadlifting builds the leg muscles (particular the hamstrings) and thus can help reduce knee injuries during other activities. It's a catch 22 really.
Gold: 75.00
Dec 6 2011 09:40pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 6 2011 10:30pm)
No.

Deadlifting in general CAN hurt the knees and over time cause the cartilage around the knees to wear thin. HOWEVER, deadlifting builds the leg muscles (particular the hamstrings) and thus can help reduce knee injuries during other activities. It's a catch 22 really.

What about the powerlifters that has been deadlifting for years and years?
Gold: 1,589.17
Dec 6 2011 09:50pm
Beans and rice OK meals if i got nothing else?
Had that today for breakfast lunch and might have tuna for dinner dunno yet..

But when i get situations like this again what would you recommend doing with those two ?
I'm cutting weight so i don't eat that much.
i did follow your "eat 6 times a day"
I eat nuts in between meals.
Kinda sucks not having all those nutrition's around :*(
Dec 6 2011 10:56pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Dec 6 2011 11:40pm)
What about the powerlifters that has been deadlifting for years and years?

I don't think you're understanding. What I'm saying is that deadlifting does not HELP your knees, instead there is a chance that it can hurt them. There is no positive benefits directly relating to the knees.

Just because someone does it forever doesn't mean that they won't have knee problems - nor does it mean that everyone who does it will also not have knee problems.

In general, I still recommend deadlifts but don't think that it somehow benefits your knees.
Dec 6 2011 10:57pm
Quote (Gutah @ Dec 6 2011 11:50pm)
Beans and rice OK meals if i got nothing else?
Had that today for breakfast lunch and might have tuna for dinner dunno yet..

But when i get situations like this again what would you recommend doing with those two ?
I'm cutting weight so i don't eat that much.
i did follow your "eat 6 times a day"
I eat nuts in between meals.
Kinda sucks not having all those nutrition's around :*(

You need protein and beans don't have the proper protein you need.

I would skip the rice, have beans and chicken instead.
Gold: 1,589.17
Dec 6 2011 11:00pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 6 2011 08:57pm)
You need protein and beans don't have the proper protein you need.

I would skip the rice, have beans and chicken instead.

That's the thing... no chicken at the moment. Kinda stuck.
ill have the tuna then. FML...
Would whey protein help a bit??
Still got a little bit left but eh..
Gold: 75.00
Dec 6 2011 11:04pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 6 2011 11:56pm)
I don't think you're understanding. What I'm saying is that deadlifting does not HELP your knees, instead there is a chance that it can hurt them. There is no positive benefits directly relating to the knees.

Just because someone does it forever doesn't mean that they won't have knee problems - nor does it mean that everyone who does it will also not have knee problems.

In general, I still recommend deadlifts but don't think that it somehow benefits your knees.

Oh my original question wasn't about the benefits of deadlifts for knees. I mean, there are powerlifting exercises that says deadlift TO the knees. So instead of a full ROM you only deadlift from the ground to the knee caps. This keeps your body under tension and not relaxed at the top compared to the full ROM. I was just wondering whats the benefit of this.
Dec 7 2011 12:31am
Quote (Gutah @ Dec 7 2011 01:00am)
That's the thing... no chicken at the moment. Kinda stuck.
ill have the tuna then. FML...
Would whey protein help a bit??
Still got a little bit left but eh..

Yes, whey protein, eggs, or tuna - all cheap and easy.
Dec 7 2011 12:38am
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Dec 7 2011 01:04am)
Oh my original question wasn't about the benefits of deadlifts for knees. I mean, there are powerlifting exercises that says deadlift TO the knees. So instead of a full ROM you only deadlift from the ground to the knee caps. This keeps your body under tension and not relaxed at the top compared to the full ROM. I was just wondering whats the benefit of this.

I must have misread your original question - sorry about that.

Anyway to answer your question - I believe in full ROM for deadlifts just right before lockout (when doing reps). When you are going for a 1-2 rep max, you should FULLY lockout, pause, and then continue.

But as I was saying, for reps deadlifts, not to the knees but instead just below lockout for maximum benefit.
Gold: 7,229.10
Dec 7 2011 01:17am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 7 2011 02:04am)
There are a lot of possibilities to describe this condition. I need to know more information.

First of all, is the pain right on your side? Or is it pushed close to the front or rear of the body? Secondly, is it just on ONE side? Or both sides?  What kind of pain is it? Dull and achy? Radiating? Infrequent shooting pains? Or something else?

Also, does it hurt to the touch? Is the area discolored at all?

As far as kidneys go, yes creatine can affect the kidneys in people with kidney disease. However it's more likely to be a kidney stone or something else. Does it hurt during urination?

Do you take any meds??

Get back to me, thanks

the pain is gone now. As i did not drink my protein shake before bed. Maybe I intake too much water because those 2 mornings when I had pain there I wanted to piss badly. Yeah the pain is basicaly on my side well maybe a little bit more in the back area but not where the kidneys are. Just under the last rib. Only left side. It was just simple constant pain. Then it would go away. It does not hurt when i touch. Area is not discolored. No hurt when urinating. No meds just supplements. Fish oil, creatine, multivitamins, vitamin c, probiotics.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1119811991200120112022039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll