d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1118011811182118311842039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.50
Warn: 20%
Nov 29 2011 02:32pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 29 2011 08:25pm)
Hey there.

A few things to consider:

1. Spring Water - assuming it's true spring water - is generally the best for mineral content with the least amount of contaminants and virtually no flouride. This is usually the best choice - but always check the source.
2. Distilled water has NO minerals in it and is not good for drinking unless you add minerals or if you are using it pre-competition to get that dry appearance.
3. You want to avoid flouride as it has NO dental benefits beyond the age of 7-8. After such time, flouride has been shows to gradually weaken teeth over time rather than strengthen them. Good luck finding a toothpaste without it though lol. Furthermore, oral CONSUMPTION of flouride does NOT strengthen teeth. Only direct application of flouride to the teeth has the potential to strengthen them. Actually drinking the stuff is psychotic and was started by the flouride lobby in a nice pork barrel deal. Long term effects of consuming flouride? Probably not too bad in the small amounts in the municipal water - although i won't be taking that risk on a regular basis.
4. Bottling should be in BPA free plastic. Most water bottle are exposed to constant heat at some point. If there is BPA in the plastic, the heat will cause the BPA to end up in the water which gives it a slight plastic flavor. BPA's are actually carcinogenic which is one of the reasons they are banned from baby bottles and products in the US and Europe. The proper plastic numbers to get are #'s 1, 2 4, 5, 6 are generally safe - number 3 and 7 should be avoided. Most water companies use #7 plastic in their bottles (stupidly). So make sure you check that out.

As far as your offer goes, what kind of prices can you get for zephyrhills or crystal springs in the south florida region? Prices for both 5 gal (bpa free) and 1 gal?

On the topic of fluoride free toothpaste.

Xyliwhite by NOW foods. I have been using it for years.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/NWF164/ItemDetail

Yeah yeah, you and john, I know.
Gold: 5.20
Nov 29 2011 02:52pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 29 2011 12:31pm)
if they are green veggies - all you can eat.

tomatoes/corn/beans/peas/okra/potatoes/carrots/etc need to be limited because of sugar/starch content.

a tomato / day too much?
Gold: 5.20
Nov 29 2011 03:37pm
Was going to edit the previous post to prevent spamming, but passed the time limit,

anyways I'm assuming a broccoli stalk is one serving of vegetable as well?
Gold: 75.00
Nov 29 2011 05:31pm
what activity would you suggest to increase daily alertness and motivation to do stuff? I know its a weird question. I've heard opening windows and going out for a walk is a good starting point.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 29 2011 06:09pm
Quote (xGeArz @ Nov 29 2011 04:32pm)
On the topic of fluoride free toothpaste.

Xyliwhite by NOW foods. I have been using it for years.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/NWF164/ItemDetail

Yeah yeah, you and john, I know.

Looks like a good product, I'll check it out. I happen to like NOW! stuff a lot.
Nov 29 2011 06:10pm
Quote (TempoONE @ Nov 29 2011 04:52pm)
a tomato / day too much?

Not at all, that's only like 40 calories for a large tomato. Tomato sauce and ketchup, things like that which take many tomatoes to make are typically the ones high in sugar. Or if you eat pounds of tomatoes each day lol.
Nov 29 2011 06:10pm
Quote (TempoONE @ Nov 29 2011 05:37pm)
Was going to edit the previous post to prevent spamming, but passed the time limit,

anyways I'm assuming a broccoli stalk is one serving of vegetable as well?

if by stalk you mean the entire head of broccoli - that would be a bit more...I'd say 2-3 servings depending on the size/weight.
Gold: 3,804.50
Nov 29 2011 06:11pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 29 2011 04:25pm)

As far as your offer goes, what kind of prices can you get for zephyrhills or crystal springs in the south florida region? Prices for both 5 gal (bpa free) and 1 gal?

unfortunately i work with back-end stuff so i'm not familiar enough with the products. i only know the 5 gal crystal springs (spring water and purified water) costs 3.50 per and 4$/month cooler rental in zip code 33128. in general it's ~40% off msrp.

only thing i found about bpa on the site:
Q: How is BPA used in the bottled water industry?
A: BPA is used in the production of polycarbonate home and office delivery ("HOD") containers.

Q: Is BPA used to make PET containers?
A: No. BPA is not used to make single-serve, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) containers used in the bottled water industry.

http://www.water.com/bisphenol-a.jsf

i assume the first one refers to the 5gals. sounds like we shouldn't be ordering water? glad i asked before ordering anything hah.
Nov 29 2011 06:12pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Nov 29 2011 07:31pm)
what activity would you suggest to increase daily alertness and motivation to do stuff? I know its a weird question. I've heard opening windows and going out for a walk is a good starting point.

Besides caffeine? lol

Generally speaking jumping jacks or jogging in place will start to make the blood flow enough that it "wakes you up" and gives you a small boost of energy to motivate you.

But caffeine is really the true answer here ;)
Nov 29 2011 06:16pm
Quote (carteblanche @ Nov 29 2011 08:11pm)
unfortunately i work with back-end stuff so i'm not familiar enough with the products. i only know the 5 gal crystal springs (spring water and purified water) costs 3.50 per and 4$/month cooler rental in zip code 33128. in general it's ~40% off msrp.

only thing i found about bpa on the site:

http://www.water.com/bisphenol-a.jsf

i assume the first one refers to the 5gals. sounds like we shouldn't be ordering water? glad i asked before ordering anything hah.

Reading that page really pisses me off. It's such obvious corporate cop-out BS. There is no reason to use BPA plastic. It's actually cheaper to use the #1 plastic over the #7 plastic, yet the companies are too lazy to switch over - disgusting! BPA's have been linked to a lot of health problems which is why they are banned from baby products! You can quickly google the scientific studies done on BPA and generally any significant heat source applied to BPA plastic bottles will cause it to leech into the water.

Basically I'd avoid just buying random 5 gal and try to find ones that are made with #1 plastic. Some crystal and zephyrhills bottles are the #1's now. They are slowly switching over because of all the flak they are taking. Is there any way to find out for sure?

Also, those prices are really good. It normally costs around $6-$7 for a 5 gal delivered. If you could get BPA free orders, I'd definitely take at least 8-10 a month lol.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1118011811182118311842039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll