d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1116411651166116711682039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 21 2011 03:36pm
Quote (Eckert @ Nov 21 2011 04:49pm)
This is what I posted before. And I changed my mine. I want to actually cut down. Because I want to have a nice body. Because I have some FAT that I want to burn... so could you tell me what I need to do to cut

Well I'm, 6'3 205 Right now. I lost like 3 pounds cuz I've lost some fat... I've lifted for only about 4 months... And I have solid results. I have a bigger chest, arms, legs, and I think back. But I want to try to get bigger for the next 2 months. Then try to get all my muscles showing before baseball season by cutting. What do you suggest I do? I don't want to be getting more fat from this btw... and so you know.. like I said, I'm a picky eater

Show me what diet and routine you are CURRENTLY doing.
Gold: 7,460.37
Nov 21 2011 04:17pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 20 2011 11:35pm)
Don't train anything for legs except for leg extensions and leg curls.

You will NOT lose muscle in your legs from a few weeks of not training. It takes months to "lose" muscle, and most of that is decreased volume from lack of blood pump among other things.

thanks man! did leg extensions today and didnt hurt my back at all, however the leg curls did so i guess its just leg extensions for now maybe twice a week.

I have another question, if you dont mind.. I've been spending a ridiculous amount of money on my protein and im trying to budget my spending.. id like to keep taking the protein i take now cause i get it at a really good price (33 bucks for 6lb tub). the one im taking now is cytogainer (im trying to bulk up). anyway, the question is i currently take 2 shakes a day, one pre work out and one post workout, the shake with 4 scoops consists of 54g of protein and 550 calories. what id like to do is somehow either eliminate one of the shakes or take two scoops per shake, twice a day. effectively making it last twice as long. question is, do i just take one shake post workout, 4 scoops, and just eat more carbs and protein before my workout, or do i cut the shake down to 2 scoops. and whichever option, what can i do to make up the loss of protein and calories besides the obvious, eat more.. can i add something to the shake? any suggestions?
Gold: 0.00
Nov 21 2011 05:55pm
Hey Raynor :) !
So here the deal : I'm not fat, and i dont want to cut. I just want to keep lean bulking since i want to stay on 5x5. ATm my diet is
Meal 1 : Cup of oatmeal + 3 eggs + a fruit
Meal 2 : 2x tuna can a slice of bread + greens
Meal 3 : 200g Chicken + 2 slices of bread OR brown rice + greens
Meal 4 : 200g red meat + a cup of rice + greens
Meal 5 : Protein shake 2x + a fruit and almonds or cheese
Meal 6 : Casein + almonds

What would you cut out? I think weights going up too fast, starting to see some fat gain. Would you cut the bread on meal 2 and meal 3?
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Nov 21 2011 06:33pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 21 2011 05:36pm)
Show me what diet and routine you are CURRENTLY doing.

Okay. Just letting you know I haven't been specifically training for anything. But I just try to eat healthy and such. I just don't know the specifics of how to eat and all.

For my diet... As I've said many times.. I'm picky

Breakfast- Usually either a whole wheat eng muffin/whole wheat toast w/ peanut butter and a bowl of either whole wheat outmeal or cracked wheat, or multi grain cherios.

Lunch at school- 2 Peanut butter sandwhiches on whole wheat bread. 1-2 apples, nature valley bar, trailmix w/ raw amonds raisins and peaunutes in it, 1 string cheese, and sometimes a granola bar as well.
lunch at home- i always have no idea what to have... because I don't want to eat pb sandwhiches at home.

Dinner- 4-5 days a week ... Grilled chicken w/ brocolli and smashed potatos. 1-2 days a week- Steak with corn or brocolli or peas or string beans, and a potato. 1 day a week- I cheat and have pizza or something

Snacks... I just grab whole wheat ritz crackers, or nature valleys

My Routine
I change it up every 3 - 4 weeks. My friend makes my workouts up, and he knows what he's talking about.

In my most recent workout do upper body 2 days and lower body 2 days. And then one day I just do what I want at the gym to get a 5th day in (usually chest).
Here's my workout exactly. It's to make me stronger atm. It's very tough, but I'm able to do it. He had me incorporate core into the workout. I also do core almost everytime after I'm done my workout. If not I do either forearms, or both forearms and core

To warm up I always go 3 minutes on olyptical

Day 1: legs SETS/ REPS
DB lunges 5/8
Superset w/
Body weight jump-squats 5/10
Barbell squats 4/6
Leg press 4/6
Superset w/
DB squat 4/12
Barbell calve raises 4/8

Day 2: upper body
Push-ups 5/20
Incline DB press 3/8
Superset w/
plank 3/1min
Bent-over barbell row 3/6
Superset w/
Leg lifts 3/15
Push-ups 3/10
Superset w/
Weighted Russian twists 3/50

Day 3: upper body access.
DB bicep curl 1/8
DB hammer curl 1/8
Barbell curl 1/6
21’s w/ e-z bar 1/21
circuit 4
Tricep pushdowns 1/6
DB kickbacks 1/8
Tricep pushdowns 1/12
Standing DB tricep press 1/6
circuit 4

Day 4: legs
Barbell squats 4/6
Barbell squats 3/8
Barbell squats 2/10
Barbell squats 1/30

The last routines I've been doing has been muscle groups each day.. for example day 1- legs and traps, day 2- chest and back, day 3- biceps and triceps, day 4- legs and shoulders, day 5- arms. (The order always changes)
Nov 21 2011 07:58pm
Quote (Bean` @ Nov 21 2011 06:17pm)
thanks man! did leg extensions today and didnt hurt my back at all, however the leg curls did so i guess its just leg extensions for now maybe twice a week.

I have another question, if you dont mind.. I've been spending a ridiculous amount of money on my protein and im trying to budget my spending.. id like to keep taking the protein i take now cause i get it at a really good price (33 bucks for 6lb tub). the one im taking now is cytogainer (im trying to bulk up). anyway, the question is i currently take 2 shakes a day, one pre work out and one post workout, the shake with 4 scoops consists of 54g of protein and 550 calories. what id like to do is somehow either eliminate one of the shakes or take two scoops per shake, twice a day. effectively making it last twice as long. question is, do i just take one shake post workout, 4 scoops, and just eat more carbs and protein before my workout, or do i cut the shake down to 2 scoops. and whichever option, what can i do to make up the loss of protein and calories besides the obvious, eat more.. can i add something to the shake? any suggestions?

Just do ONE shake a day - post workout.

For the loss of the other shake you need to consume at least that much in food. For the cheapest route, try eggs and whole grain bread.
Nov 21 2011 08:04pm
Quote (Eckert @ Nov 21 2011 08:33pm)
Okay. Just letting you know I haven't been specifically training for anything. But I just try to eat healthy and such. I just don't know the specifics of how to eat and all.

For my diet... As I've said many times.. I'm picky

Breakfast-  Usually either a whole wheat eng muffin/whole wheat toast w/ peanut butter and a bowl of either whole wheat outmeal or cracked wheat, or multi grain cherios.

Lunch at school- 2 Peanut butter sandwhiches on whole wheat bread. 1-2 apples, nature valley bar, trailmix w/ raw amonds raisins and peaunutes in it, 1 string cheese, and sometimes a granola bar as well.
lunch at home- i always have no idea what to have... because I don't want to eat pb sandwhiches at home.

Dinner- 4-5 days a week ... Grilled chicken w/ brocolli and smashed potatos. 1-2 days a week- Steak with corn or brocolli or peas or string beans, and a potato. 1 day a week- I cheat and have pizza or something

Snacks... I just grab whole wheat ritz crackers, or nature valleys

My Routine
I change it up every 3 - 4 weeks. My friend makes my workouts up, and he knows what he's talking about.

In my most recent workout do upper body 2 days and lower body 2 days. And then one day I just do what I want at the gym to get a 5th day in (usually chest).
Here's my workout exactly. It's to make me stronger atm. It's very tough, but I'm able to do it. He had me incorporate core into the workout. I also do core almost everytime after I'm done my workout. If not I do either forearms, or both forearms and core

To warm up I always go 3 minutes on olyptical

Day 1: legs    SETS/ REPS
DB lunges  5/8
Superset w/
Body weight jump-squats    5/10
Barbell squats    4/6
Leg press    4/6
Superset w/
DB squat    4/12
Barbell calve raises    4/8

Day 2: upper body
Push-ups      5/20
Incline DB press    3/8
Superset w/
plank    3/1min
Bent-over barbell row 3/6
Superset w/
Leg lifts    3/15
Push-ups    3/10
Superset w/
Weighted Russian twists    3/50

Day 3: upper body access.
DB bicep curl      1/8
DB hammer curl  1/8
Barbell curl        1/6
21’s w/ e-z bar  1/21
circuit              4
Tricep pushdowns      1/6
DB kickbacks          1/8
Tricep pushdowns        1/12
Standing DB tricep press      1/6
circuit              4

Day 4: legs
Barbell squats      4/6
Barbell squats      3/8
Barbell squats      2/10
Barbell squats    1/30

The last routines I've been doing has been muscle groups each day.. for example day 1- legs and traps, day 2- chest and back, day 3- biceps and triceps, day 4- legs and shoulders, day 5- arms. (The order always changes)

OK the major issue here is the diet.

I will fix it accordingly:

Breakfast- Usually either a whole wheat eng muffin/whole wheat toast w/ peanut butter OR bowl of either whole wheat outmeal or cracked wheat, or multi grain cheerios WITH 3 whole eggs + 2 egg whites (substitute a 30-40g protein shake for eggs if you'd like)

Lunch at school- 1 sandwich (made with WHOLE GRAIN bread) containing 4 oz of meat (turkey/chicken/roast beef/etc) and 1 oz of cheese w/ as many veggies as you want (like lettuce, tomato, etc). 1 large apple, nature valley bar, trailmix w/ raw almonds raisins and peanuts in it, and 1 string cheese.
lunch at home- If you don't want to eat the above sandwich, try to get a rotisserie chicken and eat 4-6 ounces of chicken w/ a size of brown rice or black beans and a salad. Alternatively, make a burger from 90/10 beef, about 5-6 oz w/ a side of brown rice or whole grain pasta w/ veggies.

Dinner- 4-5 days a week ... Grilled chicken w/ broccoli and smashed potatoes. 1-2 days a week- Steak with brocolli or peas or string beans, and a SWEET potato. 1 day a week- I cheat and have pizza or something

Snacks... Hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks, protein bars (try Power Crunch bars), Beef Jerky, Raw Veggies and/or Fruits.
Gold: 2,260.01
Nov 21 2011 10:42pm
decided to deload this week since i wouldnt be able to lift anyways as i am going out of town for thanksgiving weds-sun (been lifting consistently for 3 months now and this is my first deload)

i know you are traditionally supposed to just cut the volume of your sets but a gym won't be available to me on those days..

do you think a week off would be fine or should i try adding some bodyweight exercises to do throughout the week?

thanks for all the help you've provided to me and everyone else and hope you have a great thanksgiving!

your advice has helped me go from 117 --> 135 lbs in lean mass in that 3 months :hail:

This post was edited by Deathslaya16 on Nov 21 2011 10:44pm
Gold: 2,000.00
Nov 21 2011 10:46pm
Does emergen-c really work? I've been buying the immune + ones for a few weeks.
Nov 22 2011 12:17am
Quote (Deathslaya16 @ Nov 22 2011 12:42am)
decided to deload this week since i wouldnt be able to lift anyways as i am going out of town for thanksgiving weds-sun (been lifting consistently for 3 months now and this is my first deload)

i know you are traditionally supposed to just cut the volume of your sets but a gym won't be available to me on those days..

do you think a week off would be fine or should i try adding some bodyweight exercises to do throughout the week?

thanks for all the help you've provided to me and everyone else and hope you have a great thanksgiving!

your advice has helped me go from 117 --> 135 lbs in lean mass in that 3 months :hail:

Hey there.

Just cut out the lifting but MAINTAIN a high level of calories to sustain your current figure.

Bodyweight exercises are not required.
Nov 22 2011 12:17am
Quote (dark-soul @ Nov 22 2011 12:46am)
Does emergen-c really work? I've been buying the immune + ones for a few weeks.

If by work you mean it gives you vitamin C, then yes it does.

However its much more expensive than conventional vitamin C such as NOW! C-1000 caps

But if you like it, its fine.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1116411651166116711682039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll