d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1114611471148114911502039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 13 2011 10:31pm
Quote (IDUTCIH @ Nov 13 2011 10:39pm)
I'm bleeding from my left ear what indication is this? Should I see a doctor?

Seek immediate medical attention.

Unless you directly caused a trauma to your ear, spontaneous ear bleeds can be extremely dangerous.
Nov 13 2011 10:32pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Nov 13 2011 11:43pm)
SciFit Kre Alkalyn 1500 is creatine, ive been hearing things that creatine are not good for you? is this true? if not what are the people saying creatine is bad why?

Creatine is not bad for you. People who say it is are quite frankly stupid and bullheaded. Creatine naturally occurs in your body. It is also found in foods like red meat. The only time creatine is bad is when you have a kidney problem such as kidney stones, kidney infection, or kidney disease. Other than that, normal healthy people can take creatine and get a lot of benefit from it.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Nov 13 2011 10:42pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 13 2011 09:32pm)
Creatine is not bad for you. People who say it is are quite frankly stupid and bullheaded. Creatine naturally occurs in your body. It is also found in foods like red meat. The only time creatine is bad is when you have a kidney problem such as kidney stones, kidney infection, or kidney disease. Other than that, normal healthy people can take creatine and get a lot of benefit from it.

im just starting this 5x5 strength workout routine this week, i dicked around with lifting for about a year on and off but never consistant or serious this'll be the first time im serious about lifting , do u think its worth while to get it even tho ive never been lifting for that long ? would it make my gains alot better?
Gold: 3,804.50
Nov 13 2011 11:15pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 12 2011 09:08pm)
The problem with using mouthwash every day is that it kills the good bacteria as well as the bad. I would only recommend OCCASIONAL use of mouthwash in the event of a sore throat or after a pungent meal or even before something like a date or business meeting.

However, for the most part I would advise against it. Instead you want to brush your teeth AT LEAST twice a day (but preferably after each meal) and use floss every day before bed (right after brushing). Rinse with warm water and salt, and gargle with the salt water as well for total benefit.

do you have a list of misconceptions/unintuitive/etc health advice? things i've learned so far from you:

1. don't use mouthwash twice a day
2. eating fats doesn't lead to gaining fat
3. eating cholesterol doesn't lead to bad cholesterol
4. hiit > pure jogging
5. eating every 2-3 hour is better than eating traditional breakfast/lunch/dinner
6. don't throw away all the egg yolks
7. don't stretch before working out

i'm curious what other assumptions i have are bad. offhand, i assume dried/frozen fruit (without preservatives/added sugar) are as healthy as fresh fruit , and light salt (NaCl + KCl) is better than pure NaCl

This post was edited by carteblanche on Nov 13 2011 11:34pm
Nov 14 2011 01:36am
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Nov 14 2011 12:42am)
im just starting this 5x5 strength workout routine this week, i dicked around with lifting for about a year on and off but never consistant or serious this'll be the first time im serious about lifting , do u think its worth while to get it even tho ive never been lifting for that long ? would it make my gains alot better?

Yes, it is very good and should be used by anyone who is athletic in general. Creatine improves vo2 max, muscle gains, fat loss, and more.
Nov 14 2011 01:43am
Quote (carteblanche @ Nov 14 2011 01:15am)
do you have a list of misconceptions/unintuitive/etc health advice? things i've learned so far from you:

1. don't use mouthwash twice a day
2. eating fats doesn't lead to gaining fat
3. eating cholesterol doesn't lead to bad cholesterol
4. hiit > pure jogging
5. eating every 2-3 hour is better than eating traditional breakfast/lunch/dinner
6. don't throw away all the egg yolks
7. don't stretch before working out

i'm curious what other assumptions i have are bad. offhand, i assume dried/frozen fruit (without preservatives/added sugar) are as healthy as fresh fruit , and light salt (NaCl + KCl) is better than pure NaCl

That's a good question - there are QUITE a few things floating around out there.

Here's the whole list for total benefit - I just added a few points and so forth

1. Don't use mouthwash twice a day (limit to an as-needed basis - like prior to a date or if you have a sore throat)
2. Eating fats doesn't lead to gaining fat
3. Eating cholesterol doesn't lead to bad or high cholesterol levels
4. HIIT > Regular Cardio
5. Eating every 2-3 hour is better than eating traditional breakfast/lunch/dinner (mostly for satiety purposes)
6. Egg Yolks are NOT bad for you.
7. Don't stretch before working out (this increases the risk of injury rather than reduces it - instead stretch during and after a workout).
8. Eating more than 60g of protein per day will NOT cause health problems (you can safely eat up to 400g protein per day if you are under 200 lbs)
9. Being cold and/or wet doesn't make you catch a cold. Instead exposure to bacteria/virus/germs with a low immune system can result in getting sick.
10. Washing hands with warm water and soap is BETTER for eliminating germs than using hand sanitizer.
11. Creatine/Kre Alkalyn are NOT bad for you - there are no health risks to normal healthy people for using creatine/kre alkalyn. (only people with kidney problems should not use it)
12. Centrum is the worst multivitamin you can buy in terms of digestibility, overall content, and quality - PERIOD.
13. You can not lose fat on ONE part of your body only. You have to lose fat everywhere in order to lose it in a specific place.
14. You can NOT lose body fat on ANY diet unless you have less calories taken in, than your body burns.
15. The bigger the muscles does NOT mean the stronger the person. Muscle density, muscle technique, and mind-muscle connection are MUCH more important than muscle volume when deciding pure strength.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Nov 14 2011 01:45am
Gold: 5.20
Nov 14 2011 01:53am
ive been following this guy's workout routing for a few weeks now, i think its effective but what do you think:

http://www.bsnonline.net/training/scott_herman.html

to be more specific, in terms of the muscles he's working each day, do they compliment each other, are they the ideal pairs to work out on?
Nov 14 2011 02:11am
Quote (TempoONE @ Nov 14 2011 03:53am)
ive been following this guy's workout routing for a few weeks now, i think its effective but what do you think:

http://www.bsnonline.net/training/scott%5Fherman.html

to be more specific, in terms of the muscles he's working each day, do they compliment each other, are they the ideal pairs to work out on?

Looks fine. If any single muscle group is lacking, you should do a second workout on friday to compensate.

Example, if you chest is lagging, do another chest day on friday.
Gold: 5.20
Nov 14 2011 02:17am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 14 2011 12:11am)
Looks fine. If any single muscle group is lacking, you should do a second workout on friday to compensate.

Example, if you chest is lagging, do another chest day on friday.

appreciate the prompt reply, however one more question for you before i head to bed,

my immediate fitness goals as of the moment is to get those washboard abs,

i weigh about 158 lbs, and about 178 cm in height

what do you recommend for losing body fat % ? (circuit training?, swimming? HIIT?)
and what is a good ab workout routine?

is p90x ab ripper x effective in terms of sculpting the abs? or should i do those ab machines with higher weight?
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Nov 14 2011 06:11am
what would be the best way for someone to start out dieting and exercising if they weigh just under 400 lbs and don't really do anything close to exercising.

This post was edited by toadboy on Nov 14 2011 06:11am
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1114611471148114911502039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll