d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1114411451146114711482039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 12 2011 07:06pm
Quote (factor_z @ Nov 12 2011 06:56pm)
Hey Raynor, I need more informations on the diet here. This is the clean bulk diet btw.

Meal 1
3 whole eggs
1 cup oatmeal (does this need to be natural? no sugar? or can it be brown sugar for example? are we aiming for no carbs, low carbs or it doesnt matter here)
1 large serving of fruit (any type)

Meal 2
2 slices whole grain bread w/ 4-6 oz sliced low-sodium meat (turkey/chicken/ham) (for the meat, are we talking about cold cuts or a chicken breast cut into slices? arent cold cuts fat meat and is it what we are aiming for?)
cheese (2% reduced fat and low sodium) w/ veggies made into a sandwich

1. You can add some brown sugar or honey to improve the flavor.

2. You can do either kind of chicken, it doesn't matter what "Cold Cuts" referring to sliced chicken is merely a marinated and seasoned chicken cut into thin slices at a deli. Nutritionally it is about the same as regular chicken breast except for that it has extra sodium. I would recommend a grilled chicken breast cut into pieces.
Nov 12 2011 07:08pm
Quote (carteblanche @ Nov 12 2011 07:15pm)
what is your take on mouthwash? i started using it twice a day about a year ago. i'm looking at listerine's site and there are several different kinds (normal, advanced, restoring, total care [which i use now], whitening)

The problem with using mouthwash every day is that it kills the good bacteria as well as the bad. I would only recommend OCCASIONAL use of mouthwash in the event of a sore throat or after a pungent meal or even before something like a date or business meeting.

However, for the most part I would advise against it. Instead you want to brush your teeth AT LEAST twice a day (but preferably after each meal) and use floss every day before bed (right after brushing). Rinse with warm water and salt, and gargle with the salt water as well for total benefit.
Gold: 18,204.00
Nov 12 2011 07:41pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 12 2011 03:45pm)
Fat doesn't make you fat. That's an old misconception. You need a certain amount of fat to burn fat and also to produce enough testosterone.

I recommend 2% because it has a good amount of fat, lower calories, and still tastes good. If you prefer 1%, so be it.

I knew that was an old misconception ;)

And it has less calories? Did not know! I just figured why would I want more fat, if you already have a perfectly balanced 2000cal meal plan built. :O

Thanks for the info :D
Gold: 125.00
Nov 13 2011 03:04am
Couple questions:

1) Front barbell shrugs vs. rear barbell shrugs... any insight on this? Is it worth doing both in one shoulder day?

2) If I'm switching out of the 5x5 in a week and a half from now, what set/rep scheme would you recommend I go into? Would you consider 5x5 to be primarily strength-building (I'm trying to categorize things so I can go through monthly different routines). I'm trying to differentiate between strength and mass building.

Gold: 3,699.00
Nov 13 2011 10:39am
Hey Raynor, just wondering, with Kry-Alkyn 1500, do you need to drink as much water as Creatine mono? I was gonna use the former but already had mono so I figured I'd use that up.

Lately I've been experiencing a lot of lower back pain (kidneys?) and it only goes away after I drink 3-4 bottles of water. Also I've been told it might be due to overtraining due to the creatine being turned into creatinine and that putting a lot of stress on the kidneys. I do think I have been overtraining (did some lifting pretty much everyday) but thought since I didn't feel tired etc it wouldn't be a problem but didn't know this would happen (beginner mistake ^^). At this very moment I have no back pain, but will probably be taking the next few days off. Also if I continue to use mono, should I lower my dose? edit: I'm currently taking 5g/day, but I'm a pretty small guy so thought maybe that'd be overkill

This post was edited by Turismo on Nov 13 2011 11:09am
Gold: 0.01
Nov 13 2011 04:26pm
Hey there, I wanted to ask you, if I could do anything to get more concentrated and focused on learning for example? Everytime i try to study, I can concentrate for only 5 mins then i'll be staring at the air for some random reason. So yeah basically my question this, how come I cant focus on doing 1 thing for long? :/ Is there anything I can do to improve ?
Gold: 0.00
Nov 13 2011 04:56pm
im with my girl and like were doing shit but like....i achieve boner status but its not as firm and hard as it usually gets, its a soft boner ... i know its more of a mental thing i use to be a cronic masterbater anyone know how i can achivee hard boner like the good old days? p.s i am atratcted to my girl any help ? maybe how to deal with anixety and or calm myself or what i can do to get harder? i can get hard easily watching the p0rnz
Nov 13 2011 05:34pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Nov 13 2011 05:04am)
Couple questions:

1) Front barbell shrugs vs. rear barbell shrugs... any insight on this? Is it worth doing both in one shoulder day?

2) If I'm switching out of the 5x5 in a week and a half from now, what set/rep scheme would you recommend I go into? Would you consider 5x5 to be primarily strength-building (I'm trying to categorize things so I can go through monthly different routines). I'm trying to differentiate between strength and mass building.

ALWAYS front or side(if using DB) for traps.

5x5 = strength mostly, mass secondly
hypertrophy = volume and mass

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345358141
Hypertrophy Plan 3-on-1-off (regular)

Nov 13 2011 05:37pm
Quote (Turismo @ Nov 13 2011 12:39pm)
Hey Raynor, just wondering, with Kry-Alkyn 1500, do you need to drink as much water as Creatine mono? I was gonna use the former but already had mono so I figured I'd use that up.

Lately I've been experiencing a lot of lower back pain (kidneys?) and it only goes away after I drink 3-4 bottles of water. Also I've been told it might be due to overtraining due to the creatine being turned into creatinine and that putting a lot of stress on the kidneys. I do think I have been overtraining (did some lifting pretty much everyday) but thought since I didn't feel tired etc it wouldn't be a problem but didn't know this would happen (beginner mistake ^^). At this very moment I have no back pain, but will probably be taking the next few days off. Also if I continue to use mono, should I lower my dose? edit: I'm currently taking 5g/day, but I'm a pretty small guy so thought maybe that'd be overkill

Creatine is somewhat hard on the kidneys, but usually there isn't a problem unless you have an underlying kidney problem (infection, stones, disease, etc)

For you, I would recommend cutting off creatine all together for the next 2 weeks. Make sure to drink 1-1.5 gals of water per day.

If the kidney problem goes away, do NOT take creatine again. Instead see a doctor and tell him exactly what happened. I recommend a sports medicine physician. He will order blood and urine tests (and maybe an xray) to see what's going on. You might have different condition.

Furthermore if you weigh less than 200 lbs, 5g of creatine a day is fine.

Kre Alkalyn also requires a lot of water, no real difference there - the benefit is that you don't retain as much water.
Gold: 0.23
Nov 13 2011 05:39pm
can you create a width and mass program for back?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1114411451146114711482039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll