d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11131141151161172039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 68.00
Apr 6 2009 06:36pm
Ok well, i was body building since i was 12. Im now 15 and i quit when i was 14. I was 150 and benching 190. So i quit and now i want to go back. I need a Monday, Wendsday, Friday workout. I would like to train all/close to all the muscles i can. I work out for like 1+ hours depending on day. But i dont have a rutine and i think its hurting me. I need a good food schedule. I was told to get creatine but i dont know about it.(sideaffect/what it exactly does/ect.)
My current
Height: 6' 3"
Weight:230
Bench:225x10reps
Squat:300 max :(
Deadlift: 350 max(:(

I also dont really know about what machines do what. Chest sholders etc.
Looking for Big Muscles right now. Not too much toned. I can work on that after or some advice on this would be nice :D
I want to be big and bulky and not skinny small muscles.
I dont know if creatine will help or not.

Thanks for the help in advance. =)

This post was edited by Pman1 on Apr 6 2009 06:52pm
Gold: 165.00
Apr 6 2009 09:04pm
Suggestion:

I see people posting the same questions over and over, asking for a diet plan and a routine.

I think you should start another thread that would get stickied and locked (so that no one can reply) with different diet plans or a diet ratio vs weight. Also put routines according to what type of gains someone wants and how advanced he is and such.

They would be generic but helpful for beginners ++.

Those in need of plateau breaking could post here instead. Pretty sure this would save you some time.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 6 2009 10:34pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Mon, Apr 6 2009, 11:04pm)
Suggestion:

I see people posting the same questions over and over, asking for a diet plan and a routine.

I think you should start another thread that would get stickied and locked (so that no one can reply) with different diet plans or a diet ratio vs weight. Also put routines according to what type of gains someone wants and how advanced he is and such.

They would be generic but helpful for beginners ++.

Those in need of plateau breaking could post here instead. Pretty sure this would save you some time.

THIS IS EXACTLY RIGHT.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 7 2009 02:07am
Ok, got a few questions about BCAAs that I've noticed you've talked about, but I'm a little confused.

When you list supp schedule, you list tons of times to take BCAA, but I don't know what a measurement of 2g of BCAA is.

I have On BCAA 1000s, and was wondering if I took 2 caps like 30 minutes before the gym, and 2 caps before bed, if that'd be good (I'm a poor college student, so I can't be downing them)?
Apr 7 2009 12:02pm
Quote (rustyo486 @ Tue, Apr 7 2009, 04:07am)
Ok, got a few questions about BCAAs that I've noticed you've talked about, but I'm a little confused.

When you list supp schedule, you list tons of times to take BCAA, but I don't know what a measurement of 2g of BCAA is.

I have On BCAA 1000s, and was wondering if I took 2 caps like 30 minutes before the gym, and 2 caps before bed, if that'd be good (I'm a poor college student, so I can't be downing them)?

BCAA 1000 = 1,000 MG (1g) of bcaa per capsule. That means 2 caps = 2g.

Best thing is to take 2 before workout and 2 after workout and just use the cottage cheese before bed if you are on a budget
Gold: 0.00
Apr 7 2009 05:18pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Tue, Apr 7 2009, 06:02pm)
BCAA 1000 = 1,000 MG (1g) of bcaa per capsule. That means 2 caps = 2g.

Best thing is to take 2 before workout and 2 after workout and just use the cottage cheese before bed if you are on a budget

Thanks for the advice!

I'll follow that.
Gold: 263.00
Apr 7 2009 05:43pm
Can you explain to me what exactly the following are (and correcting my definitions so i understand)

Cutting- High protein, low carb diet, lots of cardio, fasted cardio/HIIT being the best to do this with

Clean Bulk- Working out for size or strength getting in a certain amount of healthy calories and fats and proteins to get the calorie intake for the day to gain mass (muscle mass, which is why its clean)

Dirty Bulk- Wroking out for size or strength but eating anything and everything to get the calorie intake to gain mass, but it ends up being fat/muscle, cant see any gains etc etc.

BCAA's (Branch Chain Amino Acids)- all the primary amino acids needed to slow down muscle catabolism when doing cardio and waking up from sleeping, also used to help gain mass (amirite?)

Creatine- Supplement that "absorbs" water into muscle to give bigger lifting numbers, improve size but give a slight untoned condition?

Theres some other things that i think i could ask but theyve slipped my mind. ive been in here for a while and ive picked up on a lot so im trying to see how much ive really learned
Gold: 31.01
Apr 7 2009 07:19pm
everyone says take bcaa's before doing fasted cardio, would whey protein be an option as well?
Apr 7 2009 08:30pm
Quote (KickinWings @ Tue, Apr 7 2009, 07:43pm)
Can you explain to me what exactly the following are (and correcting my definitions so i understand)

Cutting- High protein, low carb diet, lots of cardio, fasted cardio/HIIT being the best to do this with

Clean Bulk- Working out for size or strength getting in a certain amount of healthy calories and fats and proteins to get the calorie intake for the day to gain mass (muscle mass, which is why its clean)

Dirty Bulk- Wroking out for size or strength but eating anything and everything to get the calorie intake to gain mass, but it ends up being fat/muscle, cant see any gains etc etc.

BCAA's (Branch Chain Amino Acids)- all the primary amino acids needed to slow down muscle catabolism when doing cardio and waking up from sleeping, also used to help gain mass (amirite?)

Creatine- Supplement that "absorbs" water into muscle to  give bigger lifting numbers, improve size but give a slight untoned condition?

Theres some other things that i think i could ask but theyve slipped my mind. ive been in here for a while and ive picked up on a lot so im trying to see how much ive really learned

Cutting- High protein (with lots of good fat without taking in too many calories), low carb diet, lots of cardio, fasted cardio/HIIT being the best to do this with - Tons of failure sets for strength training, with cardio always performed AFTER weights. Remember to BCAA up every 45 mins.

Dirty Bulk- Working out for size AND strength but eating anything and everything to get the calorie intake to gain mass, with at LEAST 2g / lb bodyweight of protein and carbs and at least 80g fats every day. Still avoid sugar as much as possible.

BCAA's (Branch Chain Amino Acids)- all the primary amino acids needed to slow down muscle catabolism when doing cardio OR ANY EXERCISE and waking up from sleeping, also used to help promote muscle growth and anabolism. Take 2g before, during (every 45 mins), and after any type of exercise. Also good to take before bed, and in between meals.

Creatine- Helps the muscle suck up more fluid and in turn more nutrients - muscles more rapidly increase their volume, and therefore can retain more protein and expand larger through proper training. Monohydrate will cause a creatine bloat (which is excess water in the subcutaneous tissue). Kre-alkalyn is a creatine that only works for a small % of people, but has no bloating effects.

Enjoy =)

Apr 7 2009 08:32pm
Quote (Osirislives @ Tue, Apr 7 2009, 09:19pm)
everyone says take bcaa's before doing fasted cardio, would whey protein be an option as well?

Not unless you are on a bulking cycle. The calories from a whey protein shake are generally too much prior to workouts and will be burned as energy before the fat tissue in the body. Stick to fasting exercise (at least 2 hours of fasting) with BCAA's for optimal results. If you are a hardgainer or on a serious bulking cycle, try taking a cytogainer before and after a workout to prevent ANY catabolism whatsoever. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE TRYING TO CUT!
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11131141151161172039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll